Black
    '01 SS Camaro

Auto to Manual conversion...

I got a great deal on my '01 SS last April from a friend that works at a Chevy dealer. The car came with a clean system, FM5 Fiske wheels, full Corsa exhaust and a flawless leather interior. The car had 18k on it and was in perfect condition. Anyway, I jumped on the deal and have the car.

There's one thing though that i'm starting to dislike. I've driven manual cars my whole life and this SS is auto. I thought I wouldn't mind it because I drive in traffic a lot and stick is a pain but I'm starting to realize I do mind. Don't get me wrong I love the car but it's the same experience as driving a manual.

I was thinking of selling it and could breakeven on the sale but I wanted to know what I would have to go through to convert it to a manual and how much $$$ it would cost. I know there would be a tranny swap, consol swap, computer...etc.

I love this car and its in perfect condition but I'm thinking I want a manual...what are your thoughts guys?

Black
    '01 SS Camaro

Just talked to my local dealer and they said they wouldn't do it because it was cause to many problems with California emissions and they just won't do it anyway. They also said it would completely void my extended warranty I bought with the car last year

Ratdaddy07
    I have a stick and I like them as well, but if I got an auto at this point would never convert to manual. Auto so much easier to get quick and so much less of a pain to drive.

Black
    '01 SS Camaro

Yea...thats what I told myself when i bought it....but stick is so much more fun and a better driving experience....I dunno I guess it's my opinion but I just feel like you have much more control of the car when it's stick.

For The Drag strip though...i know auto can sometimes be better.

Thread Information