Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

blue
    83 mustang 347

smith&wesson M&P

just put a new smith m&p 9 mil on layaway today. it feels like a great gun, it will be used primarily for range practice and occasionally taken to the woods when i go hunting.

it is going otd for $540 and they list at $640 on the smith&wesson website so i think i got a pretty good deal.

and input on how to make a great firearm even better?

Black
    2002 Formula Firehawk

pictures

Black
    2002 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by ztrouble View Post
    and input on how to make a great firearm even better?
    The best way to make a great gun better is trigger time. Just about any high-quality firearm will outshoot its operator. Run at least 50 - 100 rounds a month through it, concentrating on trigger control and sight picture. Practice being smooth; the old adage in traning is "slow is smooth, and smooth is fast." Make sure you practice out to 25 yards, as well. That distance is a little daunting at first, but you'll get better with every round you send down range. If you really want to get good, check out the "hometown" forum over at AR15.com, and see what types of tactical pistol classes are offered in your area.

As for add-on equipment, the only thing I add to most of my guns is Tritium-filled nightsights from a reputable manufacturer; I have always liked Trijicon-brand sights, personally.

Too Old For Your Crap. kmassner's Avatar

Pewter
    2002 Z28 M6

Seems like you got a decent deal.

My next one is a Para Slim Hawg.

05 Wrangler
    00 Z28 sold :-(

Awesome pistol...i've had mine now for over a year. It's very accurate, fits my hands well(I have small hands) and the recoil firing the same rounds is a lot less then with my beretta. I bought mine for about $580 and then it went on sale the very next week...so they gave me some store credit.

The only prob I have had with it is after about 1,000 rounds the mag started ejecting itself...so I stopped carrying it at work for awhile. S&W sent me a new mag catch and so far so good...but I still don't trust it all the way yet. I've heard the problem with the mag ejecting is in some of the lower assembly moldings...if it does it again i'm going to send it in.

blue
    83 mustang 347

Quote Originally Posted by SeVeReDiStOrTiOn View Post
    Awesome pistol...i've had mine now for over a year. It's very accurate, fits my hands well(I have small hands) and the recoil firing the same rounds is a lot less then with my beretta. I bought mine for about $580 and then it went on sale the very next week...so they gave me some store credit.

The only prob I have had with it is after about 1,000 rounds the mag started ejecting itself...so I stopped carrying it at work for awhile. S&W sent me a new mag catch and so far so good...but I still don't trust it all the way yet. I've heard the problem with the mag ejecting is in some of the lower assembly moldings...if it does it again i'm going to send it in.
    is yours a full size or compact model? also you have the low cap mags correct? any word of this happening on the hi cap?

tater_salad
    I'm more of a Springfield XD .45 ACP fan, myself, but S&W M&Ps aren't bad.

Black
    1999 TA WS.6

Quote Originally Posted by tater_salad View Post
    I'm more of a Springfield XD .45 ACP fan, myself, but S&W M&Ps aren't bad.
    Springfield XD FTMFW.

.40 cal here. 9 mil is a great target shooting gun. Great to get used to hand guns. But I bought my first pistol for home protection and for range shooting. 9 mil is not good for shooting Chester trying to rape your corn hole. It is a fast moving round, not stopping until it hits your mother in the corn hole, and it plain and simply does not have enough knock down power.
    My SF .40 cal has a 12 round mag. I love it.
    Now I own the SF XD .40 cal and a Ruger Super Redhawk .44 Mag. 9 & 1/2 inch barrel. All stainless steel. Ether way, do not try to get my corn hole. I will shoot you.

tater_salad
    When I worked at our local Sports Shop, I was mainly in the gun dept, and most of the 9mm we sold were for women and gangbangers buying the cheap heavy plastics that they have stop selling due to the purchasers.

True that, XD FTMFW. Can't beat the NRA's Handgun of The Year for 2006 and 2006.

Sarge for AAG Emperor hutch1999's Avatar

06 HD Softail
    1998 Trans Am m6

Quote Originally Posted by Hi-Po View Post
    Springfield XD FTMFW.

.40 cal here. 9 mil is a great target shooting gun. Great to get used to hand guns. But I bought my first pistol for home protection and for range shooting. 9 mil is not good for shooting Chester trying to rape your corn hole. It is a fast moving round, not stopping until it hits your mother in the corn hole, and it plain and simply does not have enough knock down power.
    My SF .40 cal has a 12 round mag. I love it.
    Now I own the SF XD .40 cal and a Ruger Super Redhawk .44 Mag. 9 & 1/2 inch barrel. All stainless steel. Ether way, do not try to get my corn hole. I will shoot you.
    Great line lol. Ive got some 9mm Black Talon hollow points that would blow Chester in two. But I am also a .45 fan. I love my 1911s and my newest .45, my Glock model 36. Its small and compact but still packs a big punch.

Pewter
    2002 Z28 M6

Quote Originally Posted by hutch1999 View Post
    Great line lol. Ive got some 9mm Black Talon hollow points that would blow Chester in two. But I am also a .45 fan. I love my 1911s and my newest .45, my Glock model 36. Its small and compact but still packs a big punch.
    Yep. 1911's for me too. That's the appeal of the Para Slim Hawg. Quite a bit smaller than the Colt 1991A1 I've been carrying.

Got two Berettas I hardly ever shoot. Might trade the M9 in on the Para.

Quote Originally Posted by ztrouble View Post
    is yours a full size or compact model? also you have the low cap mags correct? any word of this happening on the hi cap?
    \
    I love the way this gun feels. I had a XD40 a glock 17 and a sig 226 and shoot a Beretta 92f a lot. The M&P I like the best. I have not had a single problem with mine so far. Butt>>>>>.....
    http://mp-pistol.com/boards/viewtopic.php?p=87618#87618

Pewter
    2002 Z28 M6

I want a Taurus Judge.

Black
    2000 TA

nice guns but it didnt fit my hand they way I wanted it to. I am going monday to get a H&K P2000 in .40 cal.

blue
    83 mustang 347

i agree on the preferances of the .45 over the 9 for personal protection, but thats not what this is going to be used for. My folks are buying me a colt new agent for christmas/birthday. that will be my carry gun

Quote Originally Posted by texinteg View Post
    nice guns but it didnt fit my hand they way I wanted it to. I am going monday to get a H&K P2000 in .40 cal.

They have or come with 3 different back straps to fit almost any hand.
    small med, large,

? what does fit you.

Black
    2000 TA

The S&W just didnt fit like I wanted. Thats why I am going With the H&K not to mention the quality of the H&K.

blue
    83 mustang 347

the only thing that stopped me from getting a SIG was the price tag. when it coems to defense no amount of money is too much to spend. But as a range gun i couldn't justify spending $800+

i personally like the way my smith feels. but it is all opinion

I absolutely detest the grip angles on most glocks and the xd.

you will be happy with the h&k they seem to be fine weapons
    Last edited by ztrouble; 12-20-2007 at 11:26 AM. Reason: can we get some fucking spellcheck?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information