98 Formula
    06 duramax

I can't stand commentators...

Kornhole on MNF has become my new Larry Merchant. I can't stand Larry Merchant and would mute the TV when he started to talk during fights. He just likes to hear himself talk and thinks he's some great analytical mind. In reality the guy is a moron that asks some dumb ass questions.
    Fast forward 10 years from the last time I've suffered through hearing Larry Merchant puke stupid ass questions out of my TV to tonight. It's been leading up to this point for a while now but I'm now muting Kornhole from MNF. At what point did the great minds at ESPN figure that a sports writer has any business commentating a football game? If I want his dumb ass opinion I'll buy whatever sorry ass paper he writes for and read it. WTF is this PTI crap they do during halftime where two sportswriters spend 3 minutes or whatever it is arguing about stuff? They're proud they disagree on topics so they can argue?? Idiots. Is it so bad to have a couple guys get up there and tell me about what's going on with the game? Just tell me about the game, I don't want a 10 minute speech on how Jessica Simpson ruined Romo's day. If I want that I'll watch sportscenter since they usually show only "news" and rarely show any actual sports.
    Throughout history there's been several commentators I've disliked. Joe Theisman used to be in the top 2 behind Merchant but since I haven't heard anything from Mr. Broke Leg in a while and I've muted Merchant completely out of existence then Kornhole is now my #1 guy. MNF started taking a dive when Dennis Miller started sitting in the booth. I don't have anything against Dennis Miller as a comedian......I have something against Dennis Miller as a comedian commentating a football game. STFU and go back on the comedy tour popping pills and getting drunk 6 nights a week.
    Thank god for Sunday Night Football. About the only time you get to hear 2 guys that know what they're doing up there.

Black as Wesley Snipes
    09 Mazda 3, 12 Z1000

Dude.... I feel your pain, I hate damn near all of them in almost every sport I watch

Amen brother. The best example of dumbass announcers is the fox team. At half time Jimmy johnson said seattle has to throw the ball and get the team back in the game, then at the end of the game he says. Alexander had 27 yards on 17 carries they need to learn not to abandon the run and just stick with it.

Howie asked him, well which is it do they run or throw, make up your mind.

They all do this crap they say one thing then after it doesn't work they say something else would have worked. Well thanks jackass you are brillient. I hate commentators, but my biggest hatred is for John Madden who talks about birds on the line and how they are watching the game with great interest. SHUT THE F UP.

Red Tint Jewelcoat
    2008 Trailblazer SS

I would rather listen to Kornhole than Bryant Gumbel. Barely.

98 Formula
    06 duramax

I actually like Madden. I think he does his job well because he's a color commentator that knows the game like the back of his hand. He goes off on tangents sometimes but at his age with his knowledge I can deal with that. What I don't like are the guys that talk football that have no knowledge of the game. Other guys I like but aren't really commentators. Merrill Hodge, Tom Jackson, and Chris Berman. I do like Jaws, can't stand Chris Collingsworthless, and like Al Michaels. Used to like Frank and Dan back when they did MNF. Honestly, I could just do without the commentators all the way around. They should just mic the hell outta the sidelines and play that during the game.

Paid 2 Post Daycrew SexOnWheels's Avatar

Blood Red
    Z28

Quote Originally Posted by Firehawk1120 View Post
    Amen brother. The best example of dumbass announcers is the fox team. At half time Jimmy johnson said seattle has to throw the ball and get the team back in the game, then at the end of the game he says. Alexander had 27 yards on 17 carries they need to learn not to abandon the run and just stick with it.

Howie asked him, well which is it do they run or throw, make up your mind.

They all do this crap they say one thing then after it doesn't work they say something else would have worked. Well thanks jackass you are brillient. I hate commentators, but my biggest hatred is for John Madden who talks about birds on the line and how they are watching the game with great interest. SHUT THE F UP.

Tell us how you really feel.

Is there any that you like? Maybe Jim Buck?

Wants to be Snowboarding FuhBreezeE's Avatar

Stg IV a4
    '99 TA Ws777

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Luos View Post
    Gumbel blows. He makes me want to punch babies...

Eh to be honest I'm not thrilled with any of them. Maybe part of it is because I'm a Giants fan and can't stand hearing moose or aikman do the games, but I don't like Simms either he's boring. Dan Dierdoofus sucks. I honestly can't think of a single person that does NFL that I'm thrilled with. LOL...

Thanks now I have to put the damn tv on mute.

Wants to be Snowboarding FuhBreezeE's Avatar

Stg IV a4
    '99 TA Ws777

Eh to be honest I'm not thrilled with any of them. Maybe part of it is because I'm a Giants fan and can't stand hearing moose or aikman do the games, but I don't like Simms either he's boring. Dan Dierdoofus sucks. I honestly can't think of a single person that does NFL that I'm thrilled with. LOL...

When Al Michaels isn't doing really bad impersonations, he's not bad at all. Aikman is boring. Madden needs to look into retirement, he's gotten up there in age.

Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

Dierdoofus is the worst IMO, I can't stand that slob of shit. I wished Kornhole would get kicked in the throat by a horse and pretty much agree on about all of them. I can't stand Brent Musburger, Dick Vitale needs his mouth sealed shut with concrete. Al Michaels is good and I used to love Madden but he is getting old and makes lot of mistakes now days. I would just prefer to watch games without any color commentary, I don't need someone to interpret what I am watching.

Black
    2014 Camaro 1LS

I miss Howard Cosell ........he was the man
    Larry Mechant sucks
    Rusty Wallace really sucks
    I really liked John Mckay

98 Formula
    06 duramax

99% of the time this should be the only thing a commentator says on a television broadcast " Did you see that?, so did I".
    Special rant reserved for Suzy Hoe-bag on the sidelines. I look for an Adam's apple everytime she's on. I swear she's a dude with a wig.

Red
    2000 Trans Am WS6

I prefer to mute my tv and listen to the local commentators on the radio they are easier to listen to.

Silver
    2002 SS

Quote Originally Posted by 0rion View Post
    99% of the time this should be the only thing a commentator says on a television broadcast " Did you see that?, so did I".
    Special rant reserved for Suzy Hoe-bag on the sidelines. I look for an Adam's apple everytime she's on. I swear she's a dude with a wig.
    Is that the one Namath was trying to kiss? Ha ha. Namath should announce the games drunk....

Love buying generic GM's Nastyfoot's Avatar

Black, Black
    2011 "Generic" Gasser

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Luos View Post
    Times 2!

Thread Information