Black
    2000 WS6

Is Fast Intake Complete Bolt On?

I just purchased a fast 90/90 setup and am very excited to recieve and install it...especially after bad experiences with other aftermarket manifolds (typhoon). I was wondering if the kit comes with everything needed to install? Gaskets/ Bolts/ Hardware ect....

I ordered the combo from Texas Speed...

Thanks
    Evan

Is there any modding to the engine/coolant lines that need to be done for this setup like the ls6 intake?

It will come with everything you need to install it, but there are a few "gotchas".

You going to have to figure out how to mount the MAP sensor, and EVAP solenoids as the FAST intake really doesn't have provisions for either that work. Additionally, your stock intake bellow will not fit over the throttle body - you may want to get an SLP smooth bellow.

MAKE SURE YOU REPLACE THE VALLEY COVER BOLTS!

Do you still have the stock early LS1 coolant lines? You can make the LS1 lines work (you will need to bend and flatten the lines), but you'd be much better off with the updated later LS1/LS6 style crossovers.

Black
    2000 WS6

I ordered the slp smooth intake elbow as well...the valley bolts on the engine block need to be replaced? Do they come with other bolts in the kit?
    I read somewhere that the newer ls6 style coolant setup lets cylinder 7 run hotter than other? this true? It wont fit with the stock coolant setup?

Black
    2000 WS6

there is no hole on the rear for the map sensor? how do people set this up then?
    Thanks,
    Evan

Black
    2000 WS6

anybody have any pics of how they made this work?

The manifold contains new valley cover bolts. Failure to replace the stock bolts with the supplied lower profile bolts will cause the intake to sit incorrectly, and crack the lower part of the manifold upon torquing of the manifold bolts.

There is some controversy on the rear crossovers being blocked off, but GM did it for years on stock engines that have never seen any problems. It's not like you are re-engineering something here, you're just updating to a later design.

The FAST manifold does have port for the MAP sensor, but the hole is a little too big and there is no retention device to hold the sensor.

Thread Information