Black
    2005 GTO

Alumium wheel spray cleaners?

Is there such a thing? My TT2's just don't look as good as they use to. I polish them about once a month but it still seems like they just keep getting worse. Is there anything I can use besides polish every time I wash them that will get them looking as good as new or help from haveing to polish as much.
    05 PBM GTO
    Cold Air Inductions CAI,
    Relocated IAT with omega,
    Slp Predator tune,
    Flowmaster axle back with H pipe,
    Custom tuned TCM.
    BC Racing coil overs

Sold 01 z28

Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

Busch products make a spray cleaner specifically for aluminum. I have it but haven't used it yet so I can't really attest to it, but it might be something you look into. Its what CCW recommended for my wheels.
    CCW SP 500s 18x10 275/35 18x11 295/35
    SLP CME with GMMG style catback
    Painted manta stripe

Quote Originally Posted by konigandy6 View Post
    I'd rather be bi than full homo!!!!

Light Pewter Metallic
    y2k 8-cylinder catfish

Do TT2s have a clear coat?

2000 Chevrolet Camaro Z28 A4 - Light Pewter Metallic
    Direct Flo lid, SLP Loudmouth, Bassani Offroad Y-Pipe, BMR strut tower brace, BMR subframe connectors, shift points tune and !EGR

2011 Kia Forte EX A6 Sportmatic - Titanium Silver Metallic

Avus Silver
    2007 Audi RS4

If they're clear-coated you can treat them like paint, and use wax. I would recommend a sealant for that. For you Zaino users, a coat or Z5 or Z2 will help in making them easier to clean.
    Remember, a cleaner will do just that. Clean. You still need to protect them with wax or sealant to make it more water repellent, and thus creating a barrier between the wheel and the outside elements (contaminants, brake dust...etc)
    Goose

Avus Silver
    2007 Audi RS4

I did my friends WS6 clearcoated wheels yesterday.
    The process: (as I've mentioned, treat them like paint on your car)
    I started by cleaning the wheels with a 50/50 mix of IPA/Water (Isopropyl Alcohol) to remove oils, and anything I could get before using a wax cleaner.
    I then clean the wheels up with Adam's Revive Polish. (You could also use 3M Imperial Hand Glaze to remove haziness, and minor swirls. 3M IHG does not contain oils, silicones or fillers).
    This cleaned them up good, plus it will also remove old waxes and sealants, and it was perfect to lay down my a coat of Rejex Paint Sealant.

After I was happy with the looks I've got, it was time for me to seal my work. I put a coat of Rejex, let it haze for 20 minutes, and it removed easily, and nicely with a MF towel...
    Click on pics to enlarge... 2nd pic shows after a wiped down with 50/50IPA

Before....
    Click for full size

Click for full size

After...

Click for full size

Click for full size

Wheels still have the factory clear coat on them.

Black
    02 Trans-Am WS6

Quote Originally Posted by Y2KPewterSS View Post
    Busch products make a spray cleaner specifically for aluminum. I have it but haven't used it yet so I can't really attest to it, but it might be something you look into. Its what CCW recommended for my wheels.
    word.. let me know how that goes!

Black
    2005 GTO

Quote Originally Posted by Y2KPewterSS View Post

Yeah post up the results when you use it. Where can I find this busch product? I've never heard of it.

TT2's do not have a clearcoat so treating it like paint will not work. I'm really just looking for something that is like a quick detailer. So if i give them a good polishing then it rains the next day I can just wash the car/wheels and just spray and wipe leaving the wheels looking like they were just polished. The wheels stayed looking great for the first year with very little polishing. Now they look like they need to get polished every time it rains. Which here in FL is atleast once a week.

Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

Jon & Bastien,

The weather is clearing, I am on vacation this week and I plan to do some driving & work on the Camaro this week. I should be able to let you know some results soon.

Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

http://www.1010tires.com/accessories.asp?pid=B10016

Thats the link for the Busch product I was talking about. They also make a wax and sealant as well. I didn't realize it, but my wheels are coated with Zoop seal and the Busch product is for uncoated surfaces, so it won't work on my wheels. Sorry I can't give you guys some feedback on how it works

PEWTER
    2000 CAMARO SS #3821

Watch any products on your plastic center pieces on some wheels. It will eat the color off the plastic.

NBM
    2000 WS6

Quote Originally Posted by SSTODD View Post
    Watch any products on your plastic center pieces on some wheels. It will eat the color off the plastic.
    OOps.... that could be problems. But I can see where it could happen. Aluminum cleaners are (can be) very strong. Be cautious when using any aluminum cleaner.
    2000 NBM WS6

/oo_________oo\
    |==_/_ws6_\_==|

><(((º>´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸><((((º>

Black
    2005 GTO

I found a new polish that I really like It's called metal gloss(metalgloss.com). A friend had it and I tried it on one of my wheels and it looked awesome. I've seen an lt1 running around town with polished TT2's that look like chrome and this is what he uses as well. They also make a sealer so you can polish and then seal only haveing to polish every 6 months to a year. I just ordered mine hopefully this will help cause I'm getting real tired of polishing every other week or so. In the next week or two I'm going to polish the hell out of the wheels and seal them up.

Y2KPewterSS thanks for the link I'm gonna give this metal gloss a shot and see how it works. I wish I had zoop sealed my wheels when I first got them but they looked so good for a year plus and I did't get what all the fuss was about polished wheels. Now I see.

Black
    98 Z/28

Just checked it out... The metalgloss sounds like it is what I am looking for. Am gonna order today..
    Just an old fart in a Z/28

two tone
    2003 harley davidson f150

next time buy chrome =) aluminum's just a pain to keep looking decent

Black
    98 Z/28

Chrome or Aluminum..... Makes no difference..... If it has tires or tits you are gonna have trouble with it....

NBM
    2000 WS6

Quote Originally Posted by The Old Man View Post
    Chrome or Aluminum..... Makes no difference..... If it has tires or tits you are gonna have trouble with it....
    Never thought of it that way but ya.........

LOL......

Black | Black
    '07 Z06 | '98 WS6

That metal gloss is amazing stuff. Saw it at the Chicago Auto Show and couldn't resist. Very Very Pleased. After you seal it, nothing at all sticks to it. I was driving through snow, slush, and water and they were still shiny. I also got some of the best tire shine I've ever used. Wettest look, and dry to the touch.

Black
    2005 GTO

Quote Originally Posted by cww17 View Post
    That metal gloss is amazing stuff. Saw it at the Chicago Auto Show and couldn't resist. Very Very Pleased. After you seal it, nothing at all sticks to it. I was driving through snow, slush, and water and they were still shiny. I also got some of the best tire shine I've ever used. Wettest look, and dry to the touch.

Got a question for ya. Now once I seal them if I go back over the wheels with the polish it will remove the sealer right? I'm not sure and did't see anything on the site about it.

Thread Information