Thread: 96 corbra

Now Know As Camaro98

Red
    1998 Z28 Camaro

Talking 96 corbra

well hello all i got my new car this is what the add said when i read it

1998 CHEVROLET CAMARO Z28, LS1, 6spd, lthr, pwr everything, 101k mi only 9k on drive train, 5.7 L 400 rear wheel hp, LS6 intake match ported to heads, Patriot stage 2 heads, 2.02 valves, Cam, Headers, Spin Tech exhaust, Pro 5.0 Shifter, Taylor 10.5mm Race Wiscs, Moser 9' rear end, strange center section, Billet Specialties 1350 YOKE, Motive 4:30 gears, Ram Clutch, too much to list, $15,000 obo, Call Cade 435-225-4811 after 6pm

http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e5.../Mybadmaro.jpg

only pic i got yet but will take more but dam iam happy with it and it absoultily hauls ass so any ways there is this guy up the road with a 96 cobra and every time i drove by with my truck he would rev it up well when he seen me pull in with my new car two days ago he whipped in and asked me what it had and i told him it was stock and i told him it would kicks his cars ass he said he had heads full bolt ons and 4:10s and that he would win so i told him to bring it on. so we headed to to a little strip of road i know and needless to say i introduced him to the LS1 i love my car so dam much the look on his face was amazing great frist kill.

sorry for the novel just excited about my car.

06 PBM GTO(458WHP)SOLD!!
    06 TR GTO~476WHP 425TRQ

Good kill! With those mods you should be pretty damn fast!!

Now Know As Camaro98

Red
    1998 Z28 Camaro

yea it is dam sweet i love it, i cant wait to get to the track

SS: NBM, tan top
    1998-SS, 2010 Jetta TDI

lol, i dont think he woulda thought that he'd beat you if you told him what you really had

Now Know As Camaro98

Red
    1998 Z28 Camaro

^^ yea i just wanted to race so i told he i was stock and all i had was a exhaust, to bad for him huh, Amd i was acting scared of the cobra tell we got there to race he was so pissed i pulled him by like 6 cars in the 1/4 funny shit he was so dam pissed he said he coulndt get traction and he missed a gear and :blah, i just told him to go get some more mods and come back man was he pissed

Navy Blue Metallic
    2000 Camaro Z-28 SS

Nice set-up and congrat's on the car. Good kill as well. Take time to get used to that new ride cause they can get away from you. I don't if you are the best driver in the world it can happen.
    2000 SS #1827,NBM,A4,leather,t-tops,lid,eibach springs,hotchkis lca's,slp lid,slp cold air induction,slp loudmouth,baer brakes up front,13.11@107 on street tires,12.90@109 on dr's....time for the cam and intake to be installed

Now Know As Camaro98

Red
    1998 Z28 Camaro

i know what you mean that ass end can really get loose alot differnt that the truck but trust me ive been takin some time learning all the ins and outs to bad it has to go in the garage soon winter is coming but at least ill be kept busy during the winter

red
    96 ss

congrats on your new car, enjoy it and drive it like to stole it (to steal a phrase)

Holy shit, how about some punctuation for christ's sake!

I always liked the 96-98 cobras. I am pretty sure its not had to make them fast. Gears are a must for them.
    99 T/A M6
    LS6 intake, Hooker Coated Long Tubes, Y-pipe w/1 carsound cat, Hooker Catback, MTi Clear Lid, FRA w/ Holley Power Shot, ASP crank pulley, 1.8 RRs, 3.73s w/TA girdle & Eaton Differential, Granatelli SFCs, Pro 5.0 Shifter, LS6 Clutch, Diablo, TByrnes Maf Ends (in winter), All the Free Mods

Evr sena bdgr killa snak? Roastem's Avatar

Pewter
    '99 Z28 M6

Wait a minute, who the hell puts heads on a 4V Cobra? Most people would rather spend that money in a supercharger, it would cost the same and get twice the power. Plus, they are aluminum with 4V and big ports???

Those 96-98 Cobras with full bolt-ons and gears are not slow by any means. But I don't think they have a chance against a geared, head/cam LSX f-bod. I got one, I know. Plus I had a nasty 01 Cobra with 3.73 gears and full bolt-ons, and that bitch would "get off like Rudolph." I think it would have been dead even when my Z had gears and full bolt-ons, but the cam addition alone would have put a couple lengths on it. Now it just puts the SMACK DOWN like monday night raw.

Good kill. He prolly will never mess with another f-bod if thinks all you had was exhaust!
    Heads 'n Cammed, Moser 12, 3.73's, Weight Reduction, 13" Brembo Kit
    BMR track suspension, full exhaust, the works...
    412whp/394wtq 1/4 mile slip coming soon!
    Gone: '01 Laser Red Cobra 3.73's/Full Bolt-ons

Now Know As Camaro98

Red
    1998 Z28 Camaro

^^ thats the truth i was wondering my self why he went with the heads instead of the SC i have know idea what he was thinking

Quote Originally Posted by Roastem View Post
    Wait a minute, who the hell puts heads on a 4V Cobra? Most people would rather spend that money in a supercharger, it would cost the same and get twice the power. Plus, they are aluminum with 4V and big ports???

Those 96-98 Cobras with full bolt-ons and gears are not slow by any means. But I don't think they have a chance against a geared, head/cam LSX f-bod. I got one, I know. Plus I had a nasty 01 Cobra with 3.73 gears and full bolt-ons, and that bitch would "get off like Rudolph." I think it would have been dead even when my Z had gears and full bolt-ons, but the cam addition alone would have put a couple lengths on it. Now it just puts the SMACK DOWN like monday night raw.

Good kill. He prolly will never mess with another f-bod if thinks all you had was exhaust!
    Do Cobras get better gas mileage with gears + boltons versus our cars with the same shit?

Evr sena bdgr killa snak? Roastem's Avatar

Pewter
    '99 Z28 M6

They both suck gas in cities, but the F-bod has the advantage with the tall 6th gear on the highway. I never got better than 21 mpg with the Cobra. I can get 26 or 27 with my car in current form on the highway.

The Cobra with the stock 3.27's wasn't as good as the Z with 4.10's.

Thread Information