Today's Trip To Auto Express.

I just returned home from my 4 hour round trip drive to Auto Express in Orlando, Florida. I'm going to try to explain everything that happened as best as I can, and I'll have my friend that drove me up there chime in as well. I will testify that everything I say is true, and not exaggerated.

It all started when I began my hunt again for a LS1 powered vehicle. I had been scouring the auto websites looking for a 6 speed vehicle at a dealership. I ended up finding one that appealed to me. Unfortunately it was in Orlando which is 1 1/2- 2hours away depending upon traffic.

The ad stated that the vehicle was a 2002 Chevrolet Camaro Z28, 6 speed, Black in color. The price for the vehicle was listed as $9999, and it also listed as having 95k miles. A bit higher mileage than I wanted but I'd give a go anyhow.

I placed a couple of calls to the dealership inquiring about the vehicle. I informed them that I was located out of town, and would like to do as much leg work via fax, and phone as possible. Not a problem. Had everything filled out, and was approved. I first made the call on 7/16/07. I had filled out all the paperwork, and had it sent in that day.

Within a couple of days I was told that yes, I was approved and they were "waiting on the final numbers". I figured fine, I'd give them a couple of days. Thursday, I called them back again. They informed me that they weren't sure if I was approved or not. This confused me since I was told that I was approved. I then received a call from the salesman. He informed me that there was an issue with the A/C on the vehicle. Not a big deal, but it was being fixed. I informed him that I would like to come look at the vehicle that weekend. He told me that wouldn't be a problem he wanted me to come.

7/21/07 I made the drive up with a friend of mine first thing in the morning. We arrived at the dealer shortly after 10am, and to my surprise there was no Black car. There was however a blue Z28 there. No problem, I'd prefer black but blue would work as well. There was a guy under the hood working feverishly attempting to get the A/C back together. I asked for the keys so I could look inside the vehicle. No problem. Got in, and turned the key to see the mileage. 107k miles. I thought WTF?

Meanwhile, a black gentleman walked onto the lot to look at a 5 series BMW. The guy was looking the car over as I was looking over the camaro. At one point he sat in the vehicle and started to back up, the owner comes flying out yelling at the black guy. What the hell are you doing? etc. I had yet to meet the owner. He stops the guy, and introduces himself to me. After that the black guy gets out of the car and pops the trunk. He asks the owner why there is no spare in the rear, and commented that there was a wet spot (it had rained prior). The owner tells him that they had the spare and the wet spot was nothing. The black guy made a comment about it probably leaking. The owner freaks out, and tells the guy to get off his lot. He didn't need his business. He then walks back past me, and my friend and we both hear the guy mutter "fu*king ni**er can't afford that car anyhow"

My friend and I are looking at each other confused by the entire situation. We go inside, and I ask the owner where the black car is. "It's sold" he replied. Then he starts to tell me how much nicer the blue one is, etc. I informed him that I was uneasy about how he treated the other guy, and that this wasn't the same car. He told me that the black guy had been there before and he knew he wasn't a real customer. He also told me he'd be willing to give me a good deal on the blue car.

We decided to hang around and drive the car. It was the least we could do since we just drove almost 2 hours. The mechanic starts cussing about something leaking in the car's A/C system. Tells me the car won't be ready today. I still wanted to drive it though, so I got the keys. Jump in the car and the needle is on E. I mean the kind of E that you wonder how it made it that far. I decided that since I wanted to drive the car I'd swing into the gas station that was a couple business' down and put $5 in it.

Put $5 in, and proceeded to test drive the car. The car ran beautifully. Shifted perfect, and the clutch held like it was new. My faith was restored. We head back to the lot, and start talking numbers. After what seemed like an hour the finance guy and I were able to come upon a number that we both agreed upon. He said he would need to "run it by the boss". He called the boss back to his office, and showed him numbers. Boss man said we've got a deal. Even shook my hand on it. Then as he was leaving the office apologized for the incident with "that ni**er" earlier. Said they get people that stop in all the time like that, and how he "knew" that guy couldn't afford that kind of car anyhow. He asked me if I could pay them now, and then pick the car up "whenever". I commented that no offense but I'd prefer to pay for the car when I pick it up. I wanted to make sure everything was working properly. He agreed said no hard feelings. "It's business". I informed them that the next day I would be able to go up there would be Wednesday. That was my next day off. No problem. We jumped into my buddies car and left.

I awoke this morning 7/25/07 STOKED. I was finally going to get back into the LS1 game. My friend was to pick me up at 1pm and we'd head out. I told my friend that we're 99.9% good on the car. I actually was called twice from the dealership asking when I would be arriving. I told him my plan, and asked that the car have a full tank of gas for my trip home. I was assured that everything would be ready.

Make the trek to Orlando talking the ENTIRE way. It seemed to FLY by. We arrive at the dealership, and the car is sitting out front. I asked the salesman for the keys so I could double check the A/C. Hopped in the car, fired it up and low and behold the A/C blew cold. My buddy and I did a walk around the car just to check things out again as well. The front driver's side turn signal was out. No big deal, but worth mentioning. Also the car was barely above Empty again. I laughed because it was at nearly the same spot when I left on Saturday. Obviously they hadn't put any fuel into it since I last did.

My friend and I walk into the office, and I made the comment to my salesman that no gas had been put in it. He laughed and said he'd give me $10 to put in it. My response to him was that had I not driven up twice I would gladly put gas in it myself, but since they told me to come up once prior and the car wasn't able to be taken I thought it would be polite if they put gas in it. He agreed, and away I went to the finance office.

I get back to the office, and the guy asks me to go to the cashier and pay her. I asked if it would be ok if I post dated a payment friday. He said that might be a problem. I asked if he could find out. I walked back into the main office where the owner was. The finance officer pulls him aside and asks. The guy immediately flys off the handle. He comes and jumps in my face telling me "NO CASH NO CAR!" I informed him that I would not pay cash regardless. I was willing to use my credit card for the downpayment. It was my bank card, and that's how I would do it. They refused to take checks as well. This is where it gets ugly...

I walk into the back part of the office where the owner was with my card. He stomped into there and slides it through the machine. I politely ask him about gas for the vehicle, and asked why the turn signal bulb had not been replaced. He turns to me, and begins screaming. "You know what, I'm not selling you that car! Get the fu*k out of here, and get off my lot!" I was absolutely floored. I looked around thinking perhaps there was some type of hidden camera or something. I calmly replied "Are you serious? You're not only refusing to sell me the car, you're kicking me out for gas money?" The entire time all this was transpiring my friend was sitting at the door. The owner continued to scream at me "Get the fu*k out!" I get my card back, and begin to calmly walk out of the office. The salesman and finance manager are both looking at me with a puzzled look on their faces. They asked me to go outside for a minute while they calm him down.

I walk outside still puzzled myself. I'm thinking to myself, did this just happen? My friend and I are both outside at this point, and we can still hear the guy yelling. He tells the finance manager to shut the fu*k up, and get back into his office. He told a co-owner to "Go back to your fu*king lot! I want that guy gone, I'm not selling him that car. He's a fu*king asshole!" My friend and I are absolutely puzzled as to what the hell is going on. Even my sales guy is telling me sorry at this point. "He's had a bad day." I'm told. The co-owner comes out and asks "Please don't leave, give us 5 minutes. Everything will be ok." I'm staying completely cool, haven't even raised my voice. Even my friend told them no problem work it out. We'll be over here.

About 2 minutes later the co-owner/owner of another lot walks out looking down. He didn't say anything to me, I look at the salesman and he's shaking his head as well. The finance manager is no where to be found. I told the salesman that's fine, I wanted all of my information back. Everything I had faxed, etc. We walk around to the finance office, and there's the finance manager. In his office with atleast 10 different pill bottles gulping pills like tic-tacs. He apologized profusely for what happened. They had no idea why the owner freaked-out like that. I got all of my info and left.

The whole ride back my friend and I kept asking each other did that really happen? Neither of us could believe the guy flipped out like that over me asking for gas in the car. It was a done deal, I would've driven the car home. Hell, I would've probably taken it without gas. The guy absolutely lost it. He jumped in my face SCREAMED at me. My friend thought we were all about to fight. He said he even put his sunglasses down and moved in on the other guy. F-ing crazy.

I would like to know what as a consumer can I do to file a complaint against this guy? This racist asshole shouldn't be able to get away with sh*t like this. Anyone have any ideas? The dealership's website is:
    http://www.autoexpress4u.com/

04 GTO QuickSilver
    95 MarkVIII wifey white

Sounds like he is coming unglued perhaps from drugs himself. How the hell can you sell cars by chasing everyone away. Sounds like a massive cocaine binge to me only cause I've seen a district manager (who has asked some of us mgrs. if we could score him some coke for his gf) fire 3 store mgrs. in the same day because they cost him that months bonus/coke money.
    How the hell do his people put up with that shit?
    The irony of all of this is what all you went through to NOT take a car off of his lot.

Navy Blue Metallic
    2002 Camaro SS

File with the Better Business Bureau. You can do it online and they WILL investigate it.

Black
    2002 Formula Firehawk

I dont know man but i truly dont know what i would do if someone screamed in my face. Damn that sucks

Thread Information