Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Black T/A

Talking Man Accused Of Trying To Tow Police Car

lol..dumbass
    http://www.click2houston.com/news/14857046/detail.html

GRESHAM, Ore. -- A tow truck driver tried to tow a police car from an apartment complex early Thursday morning, according to the Gresham Police Department.

Police said officers responded to the Kempton Downs apartments on a domestic disturbance call, reported KPTV in Portland, Ore.

When Officer Tyson Conroy returned to his patrol car, he noticed a tow truck driver had hooked up another officer's marked car to the truck, according to police.

Officer Tom Pohlman said he was surprised to see his car hooked up to the truck.

"I asked him, 'What are you doing?" Pohlman said. "And he said I was parked in a fire lane."

Steven Syverson, 32, was ordered to release the car. He eventually did, but police said he otherwise refused to cooperate with them.

Syverson locked himself in the tow truck and then called his dispatchers, asking them to call police, according to officers.

Police said the towing company's manager eventually showed up and talked Syverson into surrendering to officers.

Gary Coe, the owner of the towing company, said Syverson was having personal problems. But he said he was a good employee.

"He obviously lacked common sense," Coe said. "It's not something you train (them for); (you) don't tow police cars."

Syverson was arrested on charges of unlawful use of a vehicle, obstructing governmental administration, interfering with an officer and criminal mischief.

Black
    2005 GTO

So what if there had been a fire and the fire truck could not park where the cops car was because he was inside dealing with the disturbance. Meanwhile the whole building goes up in flames all because a car was illegally parked in a fire lane. Would the cop get arrested afterward? Sorry but a cop has no more reason to park in a fire lane, I'm sure there was a million other places to park. This guy shows up to do his job and gets arrested. Sure he lacked alittle common sense but he did't need to be arrested.

Black T/A

If I someone was getting stabbed to death, I don't think the cops are gonna give a shit about parking in special slots..the guy made things worse by arguing with the cops and locking himself in his truck.

Detailing + Design third_shift|studios's Avatar

My life is a
    Ben Stiller movie.

Quote Originally Posted by JonB View Post
    So what if there had been a fire and the fire truck could not park where the cops car was because he was inside dealing with the disturbance. Meanwhile the whole building goes up in flames all because a car was illegally parked in a fire lane. Would the cop get arrested afterward? Sorry but a cop has no more reason to park in a fire lane, I'm sure there was a million other places to park. This guy shows up to do his job and gets arrested. Sure he lacked alittle common sense but he did't need to be arrested.
    firetrucks are like 20,000 lbs...you think a 5000lb cop car is gonna stop it from getting into a space?

i agree though. the guy was just doing his job-he shouldn't have been arrested! Fuckin above-the-law cop syndrome.

Green
    94 Camaro 3.4

Up until the point the tow guy decided to give the cops shit, I would be with him 100%... after he locked himself in and shit... ehh, he deserves to go the jail for being THAT retarded.

SS: NBM, tan top
    1998-SS, 2010 Jetta TDI

Quote Originally Posted by third_shift|studios View Post
    Fuckin above-the-law cop syndrome.

Everything fiberglass
    2005 Amberlamps

firetrucks are like 20,000 lbs...you think a 5000lb cop car is gonna stop it from getting into a space?
    No doubt... firefighters must get hardons when they see people in fire lanes and infront of hydrants... so they can do this:

Black
    2002 Trans Am

i agree though. the guy was just doing his job-he shouldn't have been arrested! Fuckin above-the-law cop syndrome.
    I bet if you take the time to read the code section in that state, you'll find it says the same thing as code sections in other states, and that is that the fire lane is for EMERGENCY vehicles, to include fire, police and ambulance. In Georgia, there is a second law that also covers it that says when responding to calls for service, emergency vehicles may be operated or parked irrespective of traffic laws, provided due regard is used.

Blackety Black
    35th Anniversary SS

That guys is an idiot. You don't tow a fucking cop car. I bet if he let the cop have his car back there would have been no charges. But since he locked himself up in the truck and asked his manager to call the POLICE!? Duh dick head the cops can't respond because you're tow truck is hooked up to their car...lol. There is no 0ver-the-law cop syndrome here, just a case of down syndrome w/ the tow truck operator...

Well I guess he wouldn't have been arrested if he wasn't a rude SOB and being difficult with the cops!

Visualize°Design°Create SSwt00SS's Avatar

'18 CTS-V
    '13 ZL1

i would have towed it hands down...

it doesnt say if the cop's lights were on or not, if they were on, i would have left the car alone. had the lights been off sorry, come to the impound lot. he's doing his job and there are parking stalls for a reason. COPS are not above the law. he was ordered to release the car. how many civilians probably 'order' a tower to drop their car and it doesnt happen...

now it also doesnt say if he called it in, ran the plates, etc., or if he just decided to hitch it up and go. there is to much missing info...

what would they have done...? shoot him for not releasing the car...?

i also like the charge of unlawful use of a vehicle. he used a tow truck, a truck of which is the company he works for to tow a vehicle. what stupid charges, and chances are the majority of them will be reduced or dropped...

Blackety Black
    35th Anniversary SS

True there is a lot of info missing. The best part hands down is when the tow truck operator calls his boss and tells him to call the police.

Quote Originally Posted by SSwt00SS View Post
    i would have towed it hands down...

it doesnt say if the cop's lights were on or not, if they were on, i would have left the car alone. had the lights been off sorry, come to the impound lot. he's doing his job and there are parking stalls for a reason. COPS are not above the law. he was ordered to release the car. how many civilians probably 'order' a tower to drop their car and it doesnt happen...
    Oh man.. But the fire lane is for EMERGENCY vehicles, and usually that includes includes fire, police and ambulance.

Visualize°Design°Create SSwt00SS's Avatar

'18 CTS-V
    '13 ZL1

Quote Originally Posted by apache View Post
    Oh man.. But the fire lane is for EMERGENCY vehicles, and usually that includes includes fire, police and ambulance.
    again, IT DOES NOT STATE if the patrol's car lights were on or off. if they were off, there is no immediate/current state of an EMERGENCY, therefore that car is in CLEAR violation of parking in a fire lane making it open to all enforced towing as posted per signage or pavement markings...

as i stated above, if the lights were on, i would leave it be, if the lights are off, its gettin towed...

Quote Originally Posted by SSwt00SS View Post
    ........if the lights are off, its gettin towed...
    ...and you're going to jail!

Everything fiberglass
    2005 Amberlamps

I think police should just be able to do whatever they want, along with a kill on sight allowance.

Sebring Silver
    2000 CamaroSS

That's the dumbest thing I've read in a month!!

Blackety Black
    35th Anniversary SS

If a silent alarm is set of at an establishment the police arrive without lights or sirens but it's still considered a state of emergency. Thats how i got arrested, we didn't know they showed up. They were in the fire lane too, and no one was trying to tow them...

Blackety Black
    35th Anniversary SS

If the tow truck driver wasn't at fault then why was his boss telling him to drop the car?

Everything fiberglass
    2005 Amberlamps

Quote Originally Posted by 02ultraZ View Post
    Thats how i got arrested, we didn't know they showed up.
    Story time!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information