Maple Red
    2000 TA

MX Maximizer II installation questions.

Maximizer II installation questions.

1) If I'm using the RPM settings with the TPS input for activating the nitrous, do I need the WOT switch? Looks to me like I can skip the WOT switch.

2) GPO 2 - Used for remote bottle opener. There are to leads on the NX opener PN11107. Section 6.5 in the MX-II instruction document shows a Bottle Opener Module between the bottle opener and GPO 2 input. I assume this module controls the open/close signals much like the manual switch that came with the kit. What module is it talking about? One did not come with my opener kit. Where do I get one?

3) Cable J5 - Nitrous Pressure Sensor. Used for monitoring nitrous pressure and allows the use of the automatic bottle heater. I see you have a kit PN: 15531. Do I have to purchase this entire kit for this application, or do I just need the sensor that plugs directly into the J5 cable? If it's just the sensor, how do I get one? I don't see it listed as an individual part.

4) Cable J2 - Bottle heater control output & Bottle heater enable switch. My NX bottle heater comes with a Transducer and relay. Does the installation of a Nitrous Pressure Sensor PN: 15531 negate the need for the Transducer hence the "Bottle heater control output (wht/ylo)" cable would link directly to the bottle heater relay?

5) Grounding, there are many groundings in the installation diagram. Excluding the Solenoids, Solenoid Driver, and the MX-II grounds, is there any reason why I should not ground other devices together at the same ground point?

6) Diagram 6.1 J1 Solenoid Driver cabling harness & J2 ARM switch (blu). I don't understand the connection diagram for the nitrous/fuel solenoids when I add the Relay that came with the NXL kit into the mix. The NXL relay shows a 12v source link from the arming switch to the WOT switch and from the WOT the 12v lead goes into the relay.
    a) Doe's the "ARM switch (blu)" simply bypass the WOT switch and go directly into the Relay.
    b) The NXL Relay has two harnesses, one that connects the Relay's power to the solenoids and the other connects the solenoids to ground. Do I terminate the grounding harness to the MX2 Solenoid Driver rather than the chassis ground? If so, what about the Relay round? Leave it on chassis ground I assume.

black
    2014 camaro 2ss/rs

1) no, i have mine set up like that.
    Cold Air Intake, Muffler Delete, Vinci High Performance Dual Valve Springs, Hardened Pushrods, Yella Terra 1.85 Rockers, Some Hydropdipped Stuff, Strut Tower Brace, Some SS Badges, boost/vacuum gauge, fuel pressure gauge, some checkered stripes, drilled/slotted rotors, ZL1addons Stealth wickerbill, Ruxifey LED side markers

Maple Red
    2000 TA

Quote Originally Posted by mrr23 View Post
    1) no, i have mine set up like that.
    How do you like your MX2? Was it worth the $$?

black
    2014 camaro 2ss/rs

i don't have the MX2. i was answering your question that you don't have to have the WOT when you are using a TPS reference.

Silver
    05 Goat SMASHED

I have installed a few of these and yes they are worth the money if you plan on making big power.
    If you are just doing a baby 100 or 125 shot it's overkill.
    You just need to call NX tomorrow with all your ?'s.
    It would take me way to long to answer and explain all your ?'s so you understand.
    They are VERY helpful just call Josh up and ask away. 940-767-7694
    Don't be afraid of the bottle!!! Be afraid of your tune!!!

Thread Information