Thread: comcast cable

black
    1998 T/A

comcast cable

is there a way of getting all the channels on a comcast cable box without having to pay for it? like putting some kind of chip in it? any web sites good for that type of stuff?

Black
    2001 TransAm WS6

do you have digital cable? If you do forget it, no free cable like the past as the boxes now talk with home base and it checks the box out to see what you have and what channes your supose to have as to the plan that you pay for. If you don't have movie channels in your plan that you payfor they cut you off and don't even send that signal to your box.

member since may 2000 nhraformula's Avatar

black
    2000 nhra edition formula

no more black boxes like the old days dammit!!
    2000 nhra edition formula
    a few bolt ons, 379 rwhp
    11.96 @113.25

black
    1998 T/A

thats what i thought but wasn't sure. has anyone heard of hacking Direct TV yet? i think they have been using the suposedly unhackable system for awhile now.

Black
    2001 TransAm WS6

well in most cases you can still hook up an analog box to the system and get all the channels from 2-99 for free, i still have one but as you will find out all the good stuff is 100 and above though there are some discovery channels,tlc and the such that you can still get for freee.

Black
    2001 TransAm WS6

you can hack satalite, need a card reader and spend hours on the net looking for the updates. Every so often they do a spike (usually before a big game/event) that will wipe out illegal cards. Basically what they do is send out new commands and somehow knock out the illegal ones. When that happens your card gets bricked and is usually junk. Other times it just wipes the card so all you have to do is wait a little bit till someone on the net comes out with the new software (usually a few hrs lol) and reprogram your card with the reader. Other times you have to get a new card and install the up to date software.

Impounded
    Quote Originally Posted by LS1WS6 View Post
    well in most cases you can still hook up an analog box to the system and get all the channels from 2-99 for free, i still have one but as you will find out all the good stuff is 100 and above though there are some discovery channels,tlc and the such that you can still get for freee.
    I did that when they shut off our digital, but then eventually they come out and shut it off at the telephone pole so you can't do that anymore. anyone know how to shut it back on at the pole?

Black
    1999 Trans am

If you have the cable ped in the back yard, you can get FREE cable simply by hooking it up, you will get 2-72 or what ever it is...with those channels, they are a constant broad cast, you cant cut them off. the digital stuff is where you get stuck with it.

white
    2002 z28

i know in canada they can recive free service from pointing there satileites to the american ones, thats what my freids do, but you need a good instaler/shaddy

Black
    2001 TransAm WS6

Quote Originally Posted by greatwhiteZ28 View Post
    i know in canada they can recive free service from pointing there satileites to the american ones, thats what my freids do, but you need a good instaler/shaddy
    this is where most of the card readers come from as well as the programs needed to put the info on the cards... Canada doesn't have a law aginst recieving the signal. for you guys

Thread Information