Black
    2002 Trans Am

Where Should the Friction Point on the Clutch Be?

I just bought a 2002 Trans Am and the friction point on the clutch is almost all the way up on the pedal. Where should it be? These clutches are self adjusting correct? Its to the point where its hard to pull out when I'm on a hill when somebody's behind me because it takes forever to grab. It only has 23,000 miles on it but somebody may have learned to drive a stick on it.

It has the GM Used Certified warranty on it, does anybody know if I can takes it to any GM garage? I bought the car 5 hours away and would like to have a local garage replace it if it is going bad.

Black
    2001 Camaro SS 1LE

Clutch problem

Dude,
    I am having the same problem I have a post also. I can't figure a way to adjust it. I have looked all over. I am trying to find out if it can be adjusted. No one replys to my post except 2, and they say SOL. Need new clutch. I don't buy it. I can chirp secong no problem, It just grabs all the way at the top of the pedal travel.

If you have a GM warranty, you can take to to any Chevy dealer to have it fixed. I have been to several with my warranty. Believe me, if they can adjust it rather than replace it, they will for sure! It will be much cheaper for them. If you find that it can be adjusted, I would really appreciate a call or send me an email at XXXX. It is self adjustable, and it should grab more in the middle of the pedal travel. I think my adjuster mno longer works. I think it may be inside where the disc and pressure plate are. Thanks.
    Tom S.

Black
    2002 Trans Am

They are NOT adjustable. I have to take mine to get inspected next week anyway so I'm going to them change the clutch fluid since mine is balck, maybe that will help. I'll let you know. I'm getting used to the clutch now, but it would be nice if it grabbed sooner. Mine has 23,000 miles on it, the clutch can't be gone already.

Black
    2001 Trans Am

Same here, but 56k

Thread Information