Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Red
    Vette,240sx,ls1 camaro

Exclamation Your Most Unique Build!!!

Ok guys I am looking to see what you have built over thew years. Anythin thats unique or your proud to be apart of.

Ill start with what I have been able to be apart of. Over the last 6 years I worked on a professional Drag boat team. We run Top Fuel Drag boats in the IHBA. 500CI Hemi 8,000+HP in a Boat. HAHA Crazy right? Well I was lucky enough to be apart of a team that re-designed the boat for a faster/safer ride. When we started exceeding 200+ MPH in the 1/4 mile in 2005 the boats started trapping air and becoming air born and crashing (60's technology). Not all but alot of Drivers have died from this. So as a result we built a new technology designed hull to withstand Speeds reaching to 300MPH. The class record for 2007 is 267.24MPH in the 1/4 mile set by John Hass.

Here is the pictures of the boat from start to finish: Enjoy comments welcome!!

Black
    2000 Trans Am WS6

cool... what is said technology?

Red
    Vette,240sx,ls1 camaro

Quote Originally Posted by derrinx View Post
    cool... what is said technology?
    sorry I don't understand your question?

Silver
    2016 Dodge Challenger

I guess he is asking what you did different from the 60's technology that improved the boat.

Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

I built a birdhouse.

Red Tint Jewelcoat
    2008 Trailblazer SS

My first and only build so far is my 1999 Trans Am. Stock body, 402 stroker.

Green
    94 Camaro 3.4

Quote Originally Posted by redls1 View Post
    I guess he is asking what you did different from the 60's technology that improved the boat.
    I would guess predominately areo and weight distribution... those are the first things I'd attack...

And of course, the materials themselves.

Giant Dicks Car Club Zapper2003's Avatar

2005 Ram
    1978 Firebird

Aren't those cockpits derived from those of fighter jets?

Everything fiberglass
    2005 Amberlamps

I didn't built it personally... but the wiring harness in my third gen seems pretty fucking unique

Silver
    2003 GTI 1.8T :(

back when i was a ricer i built a 240sx... bunch of mods... did a engine and transmission swap
    for those who know, it was a s13 body with sr20det red top
    so the thing was turbocharged and all the fun stuff encompassing... i think the only thing left stock on the car was the seats and steering wheel... fun car to drive... did drifting... never drag raced it... very much fun to drive but big wast of money...
    only pic i have is right here...

black
    01 ws6

that is a badass boat ! didnt think they ever went that fast nor did they even have drag boats ! got videos?

black
    01 ws6

yea i had a dodge stratus, 1996

Up until 2000 all I had done was body mods... full wide body kit, combat body kit by andys auto sport neons, air suspension... 4 12" kenwoods... etc
    then in 2000 the power bug hit me
    i did a 2.4 turbo stratus swap (mexican turbo engine) 5 speed out of a manual stratus, independent mega squirt turbo system, running about 20 psi, ran a 12.5 in the quarter.... not bad for a 4 door sedan back in 01. Car was broken into many times, broken on the side of the road just as many times, everything had to be custom made, none of the parts could support the power, went through 3 blocks, finnaly forged w/ eagle rods... all in all about 20k spent (5k car)

Silver

Quote Originally Posted by eddielb View Post
    yea i had a dodge stratus, 1996

Up until 2000 all I had done was body mods... full wide body kit, combat body kit by andys auto sport neons, air suspension... 4 12" kenwoods... etc
    then in 2000 the power bug hit me
    i did a 2.4 turbo stratus swap (mexican turbo engine) 5 speed out of a manual stratus, independent mega squirt turbo system, running about 20 psi, ran a 12.5 in the quarter.... not bad for a 4 door sedan back in 01. Car was broken into many times, broken on the side of the road just as many times, everything had to be custom made, none of the parts could support the power, went through 3 blocks, finnaly forged w/ eagle rods... all in all about 20k spent (5k car)
    sounds about like the same boat i was in with my build... still recovering financially

I went to Playboy Mansion FantaZGuy28's Avatar

YJ
    04 GTO M6

The most unique build that I have done was on myself.

Before, on the left

After, about 4 months later

Black as Wesley Snipes
    09 Mazda 3, 12 Z1000

Quote Originally Posted by BULLET_WS6 View Post
    back when i was a ricer i built a 240sx... bunch of mods... did a engine and transmission swap
    so the thing was turbocharged and all the fun stuff encompassing... i think the only thing left stock on the car was the seats and steering wheel... fun car to drive... did drifting... never drag raced it... very much fun to drive but big wast of money...
    Click for full size
    Theres nothing ricer about swaping a red top into a 240, I love 240s, Miatas, RX7s. I've never owned one of the previously mentioned cars, But I have a 302 Monster Miata on the drawing board for my next project. A ricer is wings and underglows man . And my biggest and most exhausting project was getting a LS1 in my 3rdgen

Silver

Quote Originally Posted by Blitzed View Post
    Theres nothing ricer about swaping a red top into a 240, I love 240s, Miatas, RX7s. I've never owned one of the previously mentioned cars, But I have a 302 Monster Miata on the drawing board for my next project. A ricer is wings and underglows man . And my biggest and most exhausting project was getting a LS1 in my 3rdgen
    no trust me i was a ricer... whether my car was or not... i was
    but im way past that phase... i was 16

Black as Wesley Snipes
    09 Mazda 3, 12 Z1000

no trust me i was a ricer... whether my car was or not... i was
    but im way past that phase... i was 16
    Explain? .... I'll take a guess and say your car was ok speed wise but you looked down on Stangs or Fbodys just because they are Domestic?

Red
    Vette,240sx,ls1 camaro

Quote Originally Posted by redls1 View Post
    Well First off these boats don't run in the water they actually glide accross the top. So only half the props is actually in the water.

The old designed boat was like a flat bottom design. What alot of guys were doing is taking a Pro Mod boat and extending the length of the hull to compensate for the extra power and top speed. Also adding sand bags in the front end to add more down force. Some have tried wings on the front end etc. The only problem is the boats would trap a ton of air under the front end and at speeds above 200MPH they would become air born. We personally have crashed 3 ourselves. Nearly killing both our drivers. Top Fuel Drag boat racing is becoming more popular. We was the 3rd team in the world to build one. We are the 1st team to re-design a boat that can handle such a power plant safely.

Our new design is a Ellsion hull, It is a Sponcen designed boat thats been wind tunnel tested and traps no air. We also changed the design on the rear of the boat, Most guys use a splash plate above the props to kick the rear end above the water faster. But with our Sponcen designed boat we didnt need one. We also moved the props further back to make for better weight transfer on the starting line so we was not doing a wheelie out of the water :} This new design boat will kick a 250FT rooster tail and has been 4.80 @ 243MPH as of 2007. We are working on a new Fuel management system for 2008 to bump up the power more so we are looking into the 4.40's-4.60's range. Upwards of 280MPH.

Old boats Wood & Fiberglass:
    Old boat weight 3500+ Driver

New boat Foam + Fiberglass + Carbon Fiber:
    New design weight 2500+Driver

Latest 2007 edition Hydro is Foam + Full Crabon fiber
    Full boat weight 2200+Driver

Here Is a link to our old boat design crashes:
    http://www.liquidquik.com/liquidphotos/videos.htm

Here is a link to our 2007 Track video's:
    http://www.liquidquik.com/liquidphotos/videos07.htm
    Last edited by Sleeper101; 12-19-2007 at 04:13 AM.

Red
    Vette,240sx,ls1 camaro

Click for full size

HAHA!!! I feel your pain on the 240 swaps. My Drag car is a 240sx with a RB25det. Nothing fits!!!! everything is custom fab. looks like you did a nice swap!!! But im glad to hear your not a Ricer anymore 240's can go either way. I have seen some Riced out one's and I have seen some OMG built ones. Its according to its owner whether I like it or not. But either way there a HUGE MONEY PIT!!!! I have 25K in mine and still building.

Red
    Vette,240sx,ls1 camaro

Quote Originally Posted by Blitzed View Post
    HAHA I wanna see this 302 Miata

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information