Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: got wooped

red
    98 Trans Am ls1

Angry got wooped

ok guys im new to this site cause i just got my 98 T/A Big Pontiac fan but anyway the story is that the other day i was in town and this mustang pulled up beside me ( with a chick driver ) and started reving the motor os i figured easy we took off i got her in first gear.... then i shifted to second and about a second after she did and he car letterally jumped a hafe a nose in front of my car from which there was no catching up and she smoked me buy two car lenghts to the next light WHAT THE HECK every other mustang i have ever faces was a joke and this one made me the joke WHAT CAN I DO TO NOT EVER LET THIS HAPPEN AGAIN i got some money been thinking eithere 383 stroker kit or a 250 noz shot or even a super charger all will do the job what is the best most effeciant thing to do???? com on guys getting your doors blown off by a Girl is one thing but by a mustang that just to much.

2000 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by pyroLS1 View Post
    ok guys im new to this site cause i just got my 98 T/A Big Pontiac fan but anyway the story is that the other day i was in town and this mustang pulled up beside me ( with a chick driver ) and started reving the motor os i figured easy we took off i got her in first gear.... then i shifted to second and about a second after she did and he car letterally jumped a hafe a nose in front of my car from which there was no catching up and she smoked me buy two car lenghts to the next light WHAT THE HECK every other mustang i have ever faces was a joke and this one made me the joke WHAT CAN I DO TO NOT EVER LET THIS HAPPEN AGAIN i got some money been thinking eithere 383 stroker kit or a 250 noz shot or even a super charger all will do the job what is the best most effeciant thing to do???? com on guys getting your doors blown off by a Girl is one thing but by a mustang that just to much.
    Procharger!!!

Navy Blue Metallic
    '00 Formy A4

Well, that the thing with racing. No matter what you're running, there's always going to be someone faster.

Liquid Red
    2009 Pontiac G8 GT

well what year Mustang? what style -- 03-04 Cobra, Saleen Supercharged, Mach 1? 99-04 05+ older?

All this would be good info to know.

getting beat by a mustang will eventually happen no matter what you have.

My last trip to the track I saw several 90-93 style stangs running 10s.

05 Wrangler
    00 Z28 sold :-(

What mods do you have right now?

Quote Originally Posted by jrc1122 View Post
    well what year Mustang? what style -- 03-04 Cobra, Saleen Supercharged, Mach 1? 99-04 05+ older?
    +1 we need to know what style mustang it was.

Regardless of what you do there's always gonna be someone faster ....

ps- i say get "noz"

Pewter
    Y2K WS6

not much we can say without knowing what you have done, and what mustang it was.

When racing it's important to pick out details and know your advisories. Know when NOT to pick on a neon, lol.

red
    98 Trans Am ls1

i have msd coils and wires and a cheep chip the mustang was a gt not stock at all cam, intake, exhaust, NOZ although not used, underpulleys, ect. not sure on what all else but plenty to woop me

Pewter
    Y2K WS6

I had a 94 GT Vert that had a 347 stroker kid 64CC heads full bolt ons and suspension, i know the previous owner raced one ws6 and beat him. I still miss the vert. someone offered me more than I had in the car and i was in bad need for $$.

i have msd coils and wires and a cheep chip the mustang was a gt not stock at all cam, intake, exhaust, NOZ although not used, underpulleys, ect. not sure on what all else but plenty to woop me
    well lets see here

msd coils = around 20 horsepower
    msd wires = around 5 horsepower
    chip = 75 horsepower

how'd you lose again? ......... no seriously those "mods" i wouldn't even consider mods ..... man sell all that stuff and buy some real mods, exhaust/air lid would be a good place to start ....

What year Mustang GT was it? that would help alot

414 RWHP 395 RWTQ
    00 Black Ram Air Trans Am

Yeah time for some real modding how much you got to spend?
    '00 Black Ram Air TA TR224/224 PRC 5.3 59cc Heads
    Pacesetter LT ORY Hooker CB 414 RWHP 395 RWTQ
    BMR PHR, SFC,LCA & TM. Bilstein HD shocks 1LE FSB
    Firehawk Rims w/KDW Custom Headrests & Floormats

Black
    2001 Trans Am (sold)

Lid,cut out, drag radials, long tube headers and a cam should help.

red
    98 Trans Am ls1

alright adam_346 that is a good start though you have to say the mustang was a 2003 what mods in order would you do with say 3000 dollars

nos, exuast, lid, cam, pulleys and radials. You would probably smoke the stang.

Red Tint Jewelcoat
    2008 Trailblazer SS

I have to ask....did you talk to her? How do you know the mods of the 'Stang?

And if these guys want you to get 'real' mods...I will trade my stock coils for those MSD guys on yours.

If you want...I will happily take care of this Mustang owner.
    More importantly...was she hot?

red
    98 Trans Am ls1

HAHA o yea super model about cuts it and yes lol we are going out on wed for the fourth and friday for fun hahaha stupid question what a lid what kind of cam 3/4 ... what kinda pulleys are the best the stang dinoed at 543.75wrhp with stage one and two of noz

Red Tint Jewelcoat
    2008 Trailblazer SS

the stang dinoed at 543.75wrhp with stage one and two of noz
    You are going to need more than bolt-ons.

You need a blower.

red
    98 Trans Am ls1

what kind of blower thinking about a turbo or a super charger which is better why and what dose it take so the motor dose not go BOoom

a 2003 2 valve Gt with 543 rwhp ..... wow, i'd have to say i've seen a couple 2V GT's that were fast but not many .... local guy around here has one with full-bolt ons and cams ... pretty stout for a GT but he gets beat by bolt-on ls1's .... if i remember correctly those 2V's still dyno in the 2XX rwhp with cams, yada, yada, yada.

Either way my suggestion is a good H/C/I setup and somewhere around 100 shot maybe a little more nitrous if need be.

Navy Blue Metallic
    2002 Z28

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Luos View Post
    You need a blower.
    hopefully he will get blown on wednesday!!!

Thread Information