Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

White
    98 Trans Am

Who lives in north-central Florida, Dallas, & Carolinas?

Thinking about moving to the Orlando-Ocala or Tallahassee area.
    Maybe even the Dallas, TX or NC/SC area.

Looking for great communities for golf. And things to do during the evening/nightlife. I like the suburbs/cities (40,000+) & what not, but a clean & affordable community. Keep in mind I'm only 20 and haven't finished college yet (so I don't make a ton of money). lots of girls there is a plus too!

White
    98 Trans Am

only got one reply about this
    Panama City Beach was recommended!
    anyone else with opinions on these areas?
    thanks!

tater_salad
    Dude, North Carolina is known for it's golf courses. The soil and climate here are excellent for turfgrassess used for gold courses. I worked on one during a summer.

Night life? Greenville NC with East Carolina University. ECU was ranked a top 10 party school in the nation. They don't play. They're pregames for football are harder than most schools actual party.

Wilmington NC has UNCW and Cape Fear Comm College. They both throw down. UNCW's girl-toguy ratio is like 5:1. Why do you think I want to transfer there.

If you choose to go to Greenville, you could stay in Winterville, a small town just South of G-Ville(G-Vegas). Also, there is the Greenville F-Body Association in town.

Wilmington, on the other hand, is kinda pricey. You pay for the atmosphere, but still is cheaper than FLA. You could find a place to stay outside of Wilmy-wood.

NC has got a lot to offer, just nobody realizes it.

Also have Reasearch Triangle Park, with UNC-Chapel Hill, NC State University, and some rich ass fag school in Durham. Golf in the Sandhills is great. Ever heard of Pinehurst?

My home town is about 30 mins S of Greenville, 25 mins E of Goldsboro (with an USAF base), 45 min N of Jacksonville with a USMC camp, 90 mins from Raliegh (NCSU) 2 hrs from Durham, and 90 mins from Emerald Isle and Atlantic Beach. Not much to do here, but it's so cheap to live here and travel. You could make a beach trip in a day if you like.

Come check out the Tarheel state.

Black/Screaming Yellow
    99 S/C TA WS6 & 04 Cobra

I would say Savannah, GA or Jacksonville, Florida...

2002 SS

Best kept secret is Destin, FL. preferably the small coastal town of Watercolor basically centered around an amazing golf course and where all the roads are made for golf cart travel complete with *Yield for golf carts* signs at every intersection.

Black/Screaming Yellow
    99 S/C TA WS6 & 04 Cobra

Quote Originally Posted by The Answer View Post
    Best kept secret is Destin, FL. preferably the small coastal town of Watercolor basically centered around an amazing golf course and where all the roads are made for golf cart travel complete with *Yield for golf carts* signs at every intersection.

There are not many colleges too close to Watercolor... Plus the cost for a house there is kind of pricey!

Young college student and GulfCoast don't mix well!

2002 SS

Quote Originally Posted by Packy View Post
    There are not many colleges too close to Watercolor... Plus the cost for a house there is kind of pricey!

Young college student and GulfCoast don't mix well!
    I would beg to differ. In fact, the oppotunities are way way better than living in a small rat trap rental living with students who are god who knows what in a college town atmosphere complete with all the frustrated student angst.

No, the *smart* student gets himself into one of the wealthy summer rentals as a housekeeper and does an online education such as found at some of the more prestigous universities now and even at U of M, at least for awhile. You'd be surprised at the generosity of the wealthy when you *help them*

This info is from experience.

*wink*

Black/Screaming Yellow
    99 S/C TA WS6 & 04 Cobra

I would beg to differ. In fact, the oppotunities are way way better than living in a small rat trap rental living with students who are god who knows what in a college town atmosphere complete with all the frustrated student angst.

No, the *smart* student gets himself into one of the wealthy summer rentals as a housekeeper and does an online education such as found at some of the more prestigous universities now and even at U of M, at least for awhile. You'd be surprised at the generosity of the wealthy when you *help them*

This info is from experience.

*wink*
    How nice... Which U of M?

Gray
    2012 Challenger R/T

Tater is right about the Carolinas.. I would go with South Carolina though... Lots of good Golf around the Myrtle Beach area .. People are the friendliest in the world...

2002 SS

Quote Originally Posted by Packy View Post
    How nice... Which U of M?

Doesn't matter, but you do have to spend at least one year and/or complete a minimum 12 units in residency at a unviersity to graduate from that university.
    This is pretty much the standard ruling at all universitys.

Given this, the idea here is to save up money, and this has been a dilemma for most students since Prezy Bushy slashed pell grants to pay for his Iraq tragedy which also goes against the grain of the one true might of a nation as a whole and which all economic indicators indicate as such, the nation with the most educated people is the greatest nation.

However and so, it shouldn't stagger the mind, that if the neocons want to sell off the nation piecemeal, better your time was well spent on setting yourself up for getting yourself sold to highest bidder ... are you getting my drift?

Black/Screaming Yellow
    99 S/C TA WS6 & 04 Cobra

Doesn't matter, but you do have to spend at least one year and/or complete a minimum 12 units in residency at a unviersity to graduate from that university.
    This is pretty much the standard ruling at all universitys.

Given this, the idea here is to save up money, and this has been a dilemma for most students since Prezy Bushy slashed pell grants to pay for his Iraq tragedy which also goes against the grain of the one true might of a nation as a whole and which all economic indicators indicate as such, the nation with the most educated people is the greatest nation.

However and so, it shouldn't stagger the mind, that if the neocons want to sell off the nation piecemeal, better your time was well spent on setting yourself up for getting yourself sold to highest bidder ... are you getting my drift?

OK!

I would think that it would be better to pick the College or University that you are interested in and then find a place to live.
    Last edited by Packy; 12-10-2006 at 01:50 PM. Reason: bored and decided to dick with the answer

DUDE come to Dallas. Heres a little secret not too many people know about Dallas.
    1. Its going to be a bigger city than New York in the next 10-15 years
    2.Plano and Frisco(two suburbs North of Dallas) are/were the fastest growing cities in the US
    3. There are so many new businesses opening up around here esp. pharmasutical(sp?) and nanotechnology.
    4. Dallas women
    5.Dallas women
    6. Dallas nightlife
    7.Dallas women
    8.Dallas resturants/nightlife/clubs/bars---rated in the top 10 cities for singles to live in

chameleon
    98 T/A

ok guys i got this one! i live in dallas texas and work in mooresville north carolina. the women are fantastic in both places, the weather is the same both have an amazing amount of raceing or nostalgic car history the one thing thats better about dallas is the freeways and side roads you can get around alittle easier. in n.c. the roads suck no mediands and they were not thinking about more than 9 people driving on these damn roads at a time traffic in n.c. blows it takes me an hour to go three blocks sometimes. i actually just came back from brooklyn new york...... that place sux worse than both places together.

Silver
    2007 CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by yukonlikmiballs View Post
    DUDE come to Dallas. Heres a little secret not too many people know about Dallas.
    2.Plano and Frisco(two suburbs North of Dallas) are/were the fastest growing cities in the US
    3. There are so many new businesses opening up around here esp. pharmasutical(sp?) and nanotechnology.
    4. Dallas women
    5.Dallas women
    6. Dallas nightlife
    7.Dallas women
    8.Dallas resturants/nightlife/clubs/bars---rated in the top 10 cities for singles to live in
    +1
    Dallas Women are by far some of the hotest.

Black
    2000 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by sandman22 View Post
    +1
    And the sluttiest. What whores they are. Anyway, there are some hot mommies around the Frisco area fo sho!

White
    98 Trans Am

wow I didn't expect this many to take part on this. but I really appreciate everyone's input. sounds like to me the Carolinas & Dallas are awesome places to live. golf is my passion and yes I've seen Pinehurst many times.

I know there is Univ. of Texas @ Dallas, which is pretty much the same degree as the main university. In Austin the McCombs b-school is ranked like in the top 5 business schools nationwide. To me it sounds like it's a great upside for a young career-seeker getting out of college.

And NC State & UNC are some of the best schools academically. I don't know about affordability though. Most likely I would wait a year or two after I moved there to start class (in-state tuition). But when, if, I move out of state I'll have to get a good job to pay my bills and be able to play golf 3 times or so a week. Remember I don't have a degree yet so those big "professional" businesses going in most likely won't benefit me right now. As for girls, like tater_salad said, I like that 5:1 ratio guesstimate. When you're a nice & single guy like me, you'll get noticed more

Visualize°Design°Create SSwt00SS's Avatar

'18 CTS-V
    '13 ZL1

Quote Originally Posted by yukonlikmiballs View Post
    4. Dallas women
    5.Dallas women
    6. Dallas nightlife
    7.Dallas women
    at your age you haven't been exposed to the stuck up SMU, daddy bought me a Land Rover cunt yet. You keep that dream about Dallas women. When you decide to marry one, just to watch her divorce you and take all that you have, your attitude will change. But if you care to blow all your money on her cause she wants a sugar daddy, be my guest...

Quote Originally Posted by sandman22 View Post
    +1
    Dallas women are like California women, FAKE, shallow, high-maintainance!!! 1/2 of them are illegals too, i'm sure...

Quote Originally Posted by Terry Schavio View Post
    And the sluttiest. What whores they are. Anyway, there are some hot mommies around the Frisco area fo sho!
    This is the most accurate statement made so far. There are some fucking fine hott ass soccer mom's in Plano/Frisco. However, that is where the money is. If you're gonna come and play, you need the pay, $$$...

tater_salad
    Yeah, UNC ain't cheap. I'm hoping to transfer there in a year or two.

Still, out of all of the choices, North Carolina is the cheapest to live. That's why so many Yankees sell their houses up North and come down here to live. Town outside of Raliegh, Cary, is known as the Containment Area for Relocated Yankees.

You could apply for scholarships, pell grants, and student loans.

Black
    '99 SS

Quote Originally Posted by SSwt00SS View Post
    This is the most accurate statement made so far. There are some fucking fine hott ass soccer mom's in Plano/Frisco. However, that is where the money is. If you're gonna come and play, you need the pay, $$$...
    I don't know what you're talking about.... I got me a sugar momma, I don't pay shit. (Plano, TX)

Visualize°Design°Create SSwt00SS's Avatar

'18 CTS-V
    '13 ZL1

Quote Originally Posted by Tonik View Post
    I don't know what you're talking about.... I got me a sugar momma, I don't pay shit. (Plano, TX)

Click for full size

Click for full size
    you're still young, give it time...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information