The Mudkat
    "The good Lord sez he can get me outta this, but he sez he's pretty sure you're *****d!"

white
    2000 SS Convertible

Question Question on Stock SS Springs Front

I've got the Koni SA's on the rear and ready to put the fronts on...using the heater hose mod on rear and lowering 1" in front. Going with stock SS springs. I've got a brand new set of springs sitting here and would like to use those, but I need to know they're the stiffer SS springs.

They have a little tag on them with letters/numbers. Is that the part number? Does anyone have a list of stock spring numbers that correspond to the tags?

BTW-I'm not draggin this car, so I didn't lower a lot. It's a 350HP DD and I want it to handle. Got 35mm front sway with stock rear sway, tubular panhard and LCA's.

Thanks anyone that can help. I wanna put the Koni's in. The rears are awesome!!!

Mudkat

Detailing + Design third_shift|studios's Avatar

My life is a
    Ben Stiller movie.

odd, you're car prolly looked like it was always "launching" with that rear being dropped LOL

The Mudkat
    "The good Lord sez he can get me outta this, but he sez he's pretty sure you're *****d!"

white
    2000 SS Convertible

No, it's only an inch and only for a week, while I rounded up the tools and time for the front...really hardly noticeable actually. Front's up on jackstands now and apart waiting patiently for the Koni's to get in.

triple-black
    2000 CamaroSS convertible

SS springs are like z28, unless it's a 1LE or has the SLP package w/ Bilsteins.
    If it came with decarbons, it's the same springs.
    for the front, use the lower perch location on the Koni SA shock
    Eugenio_SS
    almost stock triple-black 2000 SS convertible with 17x11s on all 4 w/ 315s at the track or on the street with 18x10.5s on all 4 w/ 315s: (1), (2)

The Mudkat

white
    2000 SS Convertible

Quote Originally Posted by Eugenio_SS View Post
    SS springs are like z28, unless it's a 1LE or has the SLP package w/ Bilsteins.
    If it came with decarbons, it's the same springs.
    for the front, use the lower perch location on the Koni SA shock
    Thanks dude...it's the DeCarbons so I should be good! It's just that the tag on the new springs has a different number on it than the ones that are currently on the car. That's the confusing part. Sure appreciate your help. She'll be back together and rollin this weekend. Any way I can tell if the spare set are 1LE's by looking at the spring itself or the numbers on the tag that you know of?

BTW I love the 315's on all four corners...what did you have to do to get em to fit in there ?
    Last edited by heliskiier; 06-29-2006 at 05:47 AM.

triple-black
    2000 CamaroSS convertible

Quote Originally Posted by heliskiier View Post
    Thanks dude...it's the DeCarbons so I should be good! It's just that the tag on the new springs has a different number on it than the ones that are currently on the car. That's the confusing part. Sure appreciate your help. She'll be back together and rollin this weekend. Any way I can tell if the spare set are 1LE's by looking at the spring itself or the numbers on the tag that you know of?

BTW I love the 315's on all four corners...what did you have to do to get em to fit in there ?
    thanks.... the fronts were pretty much plug and play... the rear ones required BFH massage therapy

Paid 2 Post Daycrew SexOnWheels's Avatar

Blood Red
    Z28

Quote Originally Posted by heliskiier View Post
    ...It's just that the tag on the new springs has a different number on it than the ones that are currently on the car. That's the confusing part... Any way I can tell if the spare set are 1LE's by looking at the spring itself or the numbers on the tag that you know of?...
    The General does indeed use different part numbers for 1LE springs.

For 1994-1997 1LE the front spring part number is (LT1, 360 lbs/in): 22132561
    For 1998-1999 1LE the front spring part number is (LS1, 360 lbs/in): 22132887
    For 2000-2001 1LE the front spring part number is 22132561

These are all the part numbers given for 1LE springs as per 1LE.net if you have one of these numbers tagged on your spare set of springs they are in fact a different spring rate than your stockers.

Thread Information