Thread: -Need Help-

pyro71985

-Need Help-

Im trying to figure out what I should buy, my plans for now are to set up a 100-150 shot and my future forsees a turbo setup maybe twins. Now I dont want to have to buy parts twice, so what would be some good parts to start me in the right direction? Meaning bolt ons not turbo parts.

Red
    1998 Pontiac Trans Am

Basic bolt ons are basic bolts ons for turbo and NO2 setups. The only thing that would be wise is getting the LSX manifold with the burst panels. I'm doing my turbo by the end of the year, and just to forwarn you, if you want the power, you have to spend the bucks and do it right. For a Turbo, you need the proper cam, fuel system, which btw, you may want to look into for the NO2 setup as well. With the Turbo you'll also need a strong bottom end preferably with low compression pistons so you can have fun with more boost.

SOM
    '01 Camaro SS

Well, there are going to be some differences between a N20 setup and a turbo setup - like the headers for example. Unless you plan on installing an STS rear-mounted turbo kit, you're going to need custom headers for the turbo where as a N2O setup will work best with your everyday longtube headers. A lid is another part you'll have to buy that goes to waste. My point is, pick one or the other and put your money in the right spot. If you really want to do both, expect to spend money on things that'll be useless later. The up side is, you can always try to sell them in the For Sale section later on.

Thread Information