Black
    1999 Camaro Z28 A4

What constitutes a Stripper Camaro?!?!?!

Exactly what I asked... what makes one a Stripper...how do I know that mine could be one... or whatever... and if someone knows... HOW MUCH DO THEY REALLY WEIGH!?!?!?!

Thanks, Much appreciated!

Black With T-Tops
    96 Z28 M6

Manuel windows, cloth seating or however you call it, hard top, 15 inch non chrome rims, basicly no options at all cept the LS1

Navy Blue Metallic
    '00 Formy A4

I can't see there really being that much of a difference between a loaded and stripped car.

To me, a real stripper has no power option of any kind including steering, no a/c, no radio, no heater. Granted, you can't buy cars like that anymore, but you used to, and I think that's where the term came from.

Unless you're building a pure drag car, a few minor bolt ons would probably offset the weight difference between a stripped car and a loaded car. I'll sacrifice a couple tenths for power options, A/C, and t-tops. I'drather have the convenience options for the 99.9% I'm driving the car o nthe street, vs. the .01 % of the time that it's at the track.

Black
    1999 Camaro Z28 A4

Quote Originally Posted by JwMonE99 View Post
    Manuel windows, cloth seating or however you call it, hard top, 15 inch non chrome rims, basicly no options at all cept the LS1
    I can see why the lack of electric motors would make the car like 15lbs lighter all around... I don't see the point of Clotch seats being lighter cause they do come electric... I got Hard top... and the none Chrome rims... IMHO see like they would actually be lesser quality and probably heavier...

I guess my car isn't that far from being that then..... that's good to know... my car is "light"...

Black
    1999 Camaro Z28 A4

but...I still wonder...has anyone weight their Camaros?!... to get a accurate weight reading?

white
    2002 z28

Quote Originally Posted by Rikki_SeVeN View Post
    I can see why the lack of electric motors would make the car like 15lbs lighter all around... I don't see the point of Clotch seats being lighter cause they do come electric... I got Hard top... and the none Chrome rims... IMHO see like they would actually be lesser quality and probably heavier...

I guess my car isn't that far from being that then..... that's good to know... my car is "light"...
    the term STRIPPER, is ment buying the cheapest fast production car with fewest amount of items making it bacically a car and motor. somebody who just wants the speed and no need. mopar was big on this offering the biggest engine, best drive train, and no luxeries like bench seats, and radio, and very few plexi window.

the point is to buy a stripper is to have a fast car off production with nothing really in it making the cost real cheap but still fastl

white
    2002 z28

there was a artical on gmhight tech seeing if there should be a striper on the new maro i think it was about half and half

Thread Information