BIGRED Z

Dog owners inside

Ron wants a dog, but right now we both work 12 hr shifts, and we own a condo with no yard that's exclusively ours, and it has a common entry, so you just can't let it out to do it's business.

We plan on building a house in the next few years and if things go as planned, I will be able to work out of the house and can be home to take care of it. The problem is, I hate that doggy smell. I've always had cats, which you can hold right up to your nose and not smell anything. The odor issue with cats is the litter box, and thanks to the litter maid (electric self cleaning litter box) there's no odor problem. I love cats, but the smell of cat piss is the worst smell ever!

But I hear there is an odorless dog called a Basenji, anyone have any experience with these breeds? They say it's a hypo-allergenic, odorless, barkless dog. Who knew?

Lori

Hercules
    All I can tell you is that I do know some folks in your living space condition who have litter box trained their dogs. One guy I know even did it with a Golden Retriever.

I do know that poodles are hypo-allergenic. Each breed has it's own characteristics though. Good luck

SUPREME member-oderator oneBADDz's Avatar

Custom Slate Blue
    99 B4C

My dogs are litter box trained, it was a pain and maybe not worth going through how much they wanted to dig in it when we started training them. The hypo-allergenic dogs are relative just like everything, might be and might not be depending on the person.

Edit: I have definitly SMELLED a basenji. . . a dog is a dog at the end of the day

Thread Information