Thread: What to do...

Montego Blue
    '07 BMW 328Xi Coupe

Question What to do...

I don't really know how to start this off so I'll just get right to the point. I bought my 3.8L convertible bird a few months ago (6 or so) and have already put on a WS6 hood and Magnaflow exhaust. I love my car to death but I just wish I had the V8 power. So I have 2 options, my father is looking at sending my car down to Force Fed Fabrications to have a custom Turbocharger kit put on. Or, I can sell it and find myself an LS1 Bird. I still have yet to hear about the cost of this package but my guess is around $5,500+. Would appreciate suggestions on this matter tremendously. Thanks.

red
    2000 trans am WS6

if your gonna spend that much on a turbo system i would just sell the car and get an ls1. you will never get the power and sound out of that v-6.

NBM
    2001 Trans Am WS6

Agreed, I had a V6 Bird and you can see the choice I made. Couldnt get myself to mod a V6 when I knew i would just be playing w/ myself unless I had the 8

Life in the Fast lane sunsetorangess's Avatar

Met. Sunset Orange
    01 SS

You wont be happy until you upgrade. With the v6 you will be limited but with the v8 the options are unlimited....
    Find yourself a ls1 and you wont regret it
    J
    2001 SS, Its not the car its the Driver that matters....

Navy Blue Metallic
    2000 Camaro Z-28 SS

If you want to keep your insurance rates down keep the 6 and build like a gn. If you don't care about insurance rates I would sell it and get a LS1.
    2000 SS #1827,NBM,A4,leather,t-tops,lid,eibach springs,hotchkis lca's,slp lid,slp cold air induction,slp loudmouth,baer brakes up front,13.11@107 on street tires,12.90@109 on dr's....time for the cam and intake to be installed

Pewter
    2000 TransAm

Quote Originally Posted by SSmoky01 View Post
    If you want to keep your insurance rates down keep the 6 and build like a gn. If you don't care about insurance rates I would sell it and get a LS1.
    I just recently traded in my 2000 V6 Firebird on a 2000 T/A and OMG the power difference!! I had alot of upgrades and an expensive exhaust. I thought it sounded pretty good but the rumble of my T/A has NO COMPARISON!! Also my insurance only went up $20 bucks extra a month. Guess it depends on your insurance provider I have USAA... Good luck

red
    1995/2002 camaro z28's

i love my v8, but a powerful v6 would be sick, you can make power out of any engine, just takes money, and just imagine walking all over some v8 with your 6

Montego Blue
    '07 BMW 328Xi Coupe

Quote Originally Posted by caveblazin View Post
    I just recently traded in my 2000 V6 Firebird on a 2000 T/A and OMG the power difference!! I had alot of upgrades and an expensive exhaust. I thought it sounded pretty good but the rumble of my T/A has NO COMPARISON!! Also my insurance only went up $20 bucks extra a month. Guess it depends on your insurance provider I have USAA... Good luck
    I have USAA too and the insurance on the convertible is something like $430ish every quarter. I don't know though, I love the idea of keeping my already awesome car (minus the engine) and turning it into a V8 stomper but if we have this damned turbo put on the total cost spent on the car would be somewhere around $20K. Thats like paying for a WS6 with like 20K miles on the odo. So which to choose is gonna be a huge problem.

Thread Information