Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Pewter
    2002 WS6 Trans Am

Green LED interior mod

Here's some pictures of my green led modification. I used green leds since the majority has used blue LEDs.
    Dave1970
    SE Texas (High Island)
    2002 WS6 TA
    Strano Performance Sway Bars and Springs
    UMI Performance LCAs, PHB, Adj. TQ., drive shaft safety loop, & TA relocation bracket
    Koni SA shocks
    Textralia Clutch, T56Rebuilt Trans, Pro 5.0 shifter w/ Lou Short Stick, & McLeod adj. master cylinder

Black
    2000 WS.6

Looks good man, nice job. You're right, I don't think I've ever seen green lights in a car like that...

Arctic White Hardtop
    '98 Formula M6

Thats awesome, im going for the bluish-green look. I might try installing some Autometer Lunar series gauges. And maybe some turqouis neon, under the driver and passenger dash area. (but not bright, very low-key)

SOM
    01 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by Dave1970 View Post
    Here's some pictures of my green led modification. I used green leds since the majority has used blue LEDs.
    where did u get the leds from and how much?

Pewter
    2002 WS6 Trans Am

01SOMSS!,
    I bought the 194 style and 74 style bulbs from autolumination.com. I also bought my 3mm and 5mm LEDs from superbrightleds.com. Both sites have a decent selection of colors and intensities of LEDs to choose from. Hope this helps. The LEDs ranged from say $2 to $9 per bulb. Some of the guys/gals on LS1Tech buy in bulk and make their own LED circuit boards also. I think I have around $100 +/- some for my complete interior change over. This includes the price of the custom HU mount, Camaro SS gauge cluster, Camaro headlight switch, and Camaro HVAC controls (had to buy 2). Ledgauges.com also has some pre-wired set-up for the HVAC, Headlight, and door panels for Camaro/Firebirds. His user id is LS1_SS on LS1Tech.com. I have not used his products. I have read good things about his products.

Detailing + Design third_shift|studios's Avatar

My life is a
    Ben Stiller movie.

I love it. Initially i thought it was kind of a rice-color, but honestly, they look really nice. very modern/unique combination, man! Reminds me of a space-lego set i once had; i meant that in the nicest way possible

Arctic White Hardtop
    '98 Formula M6

Quote Originally Posted by third_shift|studios View Post
    I love it. Initially i thought it was kind of a rice-color, but honestly, they look really nice. very modern/unique combination, man! Reminds me of a space-lego set i once had; i meant that in the nicest way possible
    LOL, I remember that.

My life is a
    Ben Stiller movie.

my only question; are the lights on the door handles really that bright? seems like they'd be inconvienent during night driving

Madeche Vision...soon The Scientist's Avatar

NBM
    '98 Ram Air Formula

Nice job...seems like it was a lot of work. I just noticed that your in high island. I drove through there last weekend on my way back to galveston. I'm guessing there is not much to do there?

Pewter
    2002 WS6 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by The Scientist View Post
    Nice job...seems like it was a lot of work. I just noticed that your in high island. I drove through there last weekend on my way back to galveston. I'm guessing there is not much to do there?
    Quote Originally Posted by third_shift|studios View Post
    my only question; are the lights on the door handles really that bright? seems like they'd be inconvienent during night driving
    Scientist, your right there's not much there. I was born and raised there. Thankfully, I work with General Electric now and travel for my work. It still a decent rural town. It was work for me, since I'm not electrically inclined. I'm more mechanical in nature. It was fun to learn and do something new. I hated the red interior lighting.

third_shift: Yes they are bright but they don't bother me at night. I've had the car out a couple of nights since completing the doors. I like being able to see the switches. I had originally used a #74 LED bulbs in the factory socket and there was no illumination at all. I could play with didn't resisitor values if I wanted to lower the brightness. But it's nice as is for me. I'm thinking about adding some cold cathode green tubes under the dash to illuminate those areas. I plan on tying them into the theater lights on the car. I.e. on with the doors open then fade off after they are closed. Actually, the green is much easier on my eyes than the red was. On LS1Tech.com site under appearance/detailing section, some of our other members have done Camaro's in red and TA/Camaro's in blue LEDs. They are nice. Did green since it hadn't been done.

My life is a
    Ben Stiller movie.

i think you got it right on man, the cold cathodes are gonna be overkill. looks good as is...

2000pontiac6
    looks clean, i like it

Black
    1998 Camaro Z28

Looks great! Congrats! The green seems to work perfectly.

Silver
    2002 Z28

I am working on Blue ones myself, I am just a little worried about cutting into some of the wires and putting the LEDs in. I did the easy ones like the doors and I have blue gauges and of course the snap in HVAC ones.

One thing though, my Blue LEDS in the door... the right side was very dim, could barely see. I switched bulbs, and the bulbs were fine, its that door itself so I dunno what it is.

I coop for GE myself dave, up here in Louisville though.

Pewter
    2002 WS6 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by jmhvenom View Post
    I am working on Blue ones myself, I am just a little worried about cutting into some of the wires and putting the LEDs in. I did the easy ones like the doors and I have blue gauges and of course the snap in HVAC ones.

One thing though, my Blue LEDS in the door... the right side was very dim, could barely see. I switched bulbs, and the bulbs were fine, its that door itself so I dunno what it is.

I coop for GE myself dave, up here in Louisville though.
    Did you get all the red plastic insert out of the trim piece? I think the #74s were not as bright when I used them in the trim piece. That's why I placed a 5mm LED just inside the opening above the door panel. Here's a couple of links on the door panel subject.

http://www.keliente.com/hvac.htm
    http://www.lastofthebreed.com/Instal...oorHandle.html

Hope this helps, Dave

Silver
    2002 Z28

Yea I used Keliente guide. I bought new door panels (Leather) so I will see if these work better. The drivers side door looks great.

Black
    1998 Chevrolet Camaro SS

How hard is it to install the LED's in all those areas you did? I want to go with a blue theme on the inside since im going blue accent on the outside as well. I just heard that changing the the bulbs to LED's on the inside was a pain in the ass....(I am hoping it's not =/)

Artic White
    2002 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by chaosinfinite View Post
    How hard is it to install the LED's in all those areas you did? I want to go with a blue theme on the inside since im going blue accent on the outside as well. I just heard that changing the the bulbs to LED's on the inside was a pain in the ass....(I am hoping it's not =/)
    Reference this site. http://www.keliente.com/LED.htm. 194 LEDs can be bought now a days to be plug and play. Autolumination is a good place to get some.
    2002 Artic White SS 35th Wheels|Full Hotchkis Suspension|Koni SA|Magnaflow CME|SLP lid|www.fquick.com/The_Guz

mystic teal
    1998 z28

did same thing and did ones in all my vents

looks good

Black
    1998 Camaro Z28

It's really not that hard to do. Those green LEDs came out lookin hella cool. Depending on how involved you wanna get, and are comfortable working with your car's lighting wiring, it's pretty straight forward. I went with the UV look. (sorry bout the dark pics)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information