Pewter

98-02 F-bods vs Lamborghini murciealgo

Question Stock for Stock how bad would a Lambo murcielago pull a ls1 F-body juss curious?

Detailing + Design third_shift|studios's Avatar

My life is a
    Ben Stiller movie.

lambos are all wheel drive 600hp, 5.7L, DOHC v12's. it would rip so fast out of the dig that T/a would look like it was going in reverse. I used to have a video of an Ls1 vette [modded] beatin' up on some euro exotics like lambos and carerra's. all at high mph range...no digs though...

anyway, yeah, you'd get raped b/c those small pistons can hit the high rpms way quicker than your big fat ones.

Madeche Vision...soon The Scientist's Avatar

NBM
    '98 Ram Air Formula

Lets see...do the math and you are matching up a high 11 sec to low 12 sec awd car againist a mid to high 13 sec rwd car. What do you think is going to happen. A Murcielago owner would tell you to come back when you are twin-turbo'ed and awd.

Awaiting Activation
    this shouldnt even be a question, let alone answered. How can u compare a $350,000 italian supercar to a $35,000 american car. It just doenst work that way. 0-60 comes up in about 3.5 seconds. It takes an ls1 what 5-5.5 seconds to do that. Do u honestly think if u go out and buy a $350,000 sports car with 600bhp, ur even gonna get any competition from a $35,000 car??? Im not saying the LS1 is slow, hell it was made to pick on ricers and stangs and other cars with decent HP. But verrrrryyyyy few LS1's (street legal) can even THINK about running with a lambo.

Pewter

O i was juss curious cuz my buddy has an 00 ss m6 with full exhaust and heads cam package and nitrous puts like 500 sumthin at the wheels and a guy we know has a murcielago with exhaust and sumthinelse minor but ya they r talkin about runnin em i think my buddy has a good shot what do u all think? and please dont try and be assholes juss askin cuz im bored

Detailing + Design third_shift|studios's Avatar

My life is a
    Ben Stiller movie.

NOT SO STOCK FOR STOCK ANYMORE!!!!That's a whole different car now man!! the compression is gonna me massive he actually might give the lambo a hard time, but still the lambo will destroy him on the launch. Go from a dig, go from a roll, and for fuck's sake GET IT ON VIDEO! This wil be a bad ass race...

I'm seriously thinkin the SS might take the top end; depending on his compression

you should have put this in the AAG forum, not here, there' not enough exposure. I know we're talking abotu 350,000$ performance car, but we're not talking stock for stock anymore. I guess we mullet-heads are the "ricers" to exotic owners, eh?

White
    2001 Trans Am

Oh yea, I definantly want to see this!!!!!!!!!

Pewter

Ya I will definitaly get it on video so i can yall its gonna happen like this coming up friday or saturday not sure yeet but for sure this weekend ill post the video as soon as i have its gonna be bad ass till then guys later.

00' Camaro SS, 03' z71

Wow.. you guys.. just wow.

Madeche Vision...soon The Scientist's Avatar

NBM
    '98 Ram Air Formula

I was pulling onto I-10 eastbound out of San Antonio when I spotted a yellow Lambo about a half mile ahead of me. A few exit later he stopped for gas but I continued on. About an hour later I spot this small yellow thing in my rear view. My heart started beating a little harder and little faster. You know the feeling. I slow down a little bit but not too much and sure enough it is the same yellow Lambo. This time I can tell it is the younger brother, a Gallardo. Traffic is pretty bad as we were getting close to Houston but it was 3 lanes wide so I was hoping to have room to run. He pulls up behind and as we pass a semi truck, I pop the throttle to let him know that I have a little something. Eventually he pulls on side of me in a low gear and pops it a couple of times. I punch it and so does he and guess who is pulling. i am for the first 5 seconds and by this time he is behind my rear wheel...when for no reason this jackass in a truck switchs into my lane and cuts my race short. The lambo crosses two lanes and takes the shoulder to get around a couple of more cars. Needless to say he didn't want anymore...Gave me the peace sign out the window and continued on his way, at 100 mph. It may not have been much but I am putting that one down in the win column.

Black
    99 SS

Quote Originally Posted by ws6guy559 View Post
    O i was juss curious cuz my buddy has an 00 ss m6 with full exhaust and heads cam package and nitrous puts like 500 sumthin at the wheels and a guy we know has a murcielago with exhaust and sumthinelse minor but ya they r talkin about runnin em i think my buddy has a good shot what do u all think? and please dont try and be assholes juss askin cuz im bored

only 500 with H/C and N20? i think the SS has the upper hand here

Black/Gold....Now Sold...
    10th Anny. Firehawk #001

2006 Lamborghini Murcielago:

Specifications
    Engine
    Type: V12
    Displacement cu in (cc): 378 (6192)
    Power bhp (kW) at RPM: 580(426) / 7500
    Torque lb-ft (Nm) at RPM: 480(650) / 5400
    Redline at RPM: 8000
    Brakes & Tires
    Brakes F/R: ABS, vented disc/vented disc
    Tires F-R: 245/35 ZR18 - 335/30 ZR18
    Driveline: All Wheel Drive
    Exterior Dimensions & Weight
    Length × Width × Height in: 178.6 × 79.8 × 44.3
    Weight lb (kg): 3637 (1650)
    Performance
    Acceleration 0-62 mph s: 3.8
    Top Speed mph (km/h): > 205 (> 330)
    Fuel Economy EPA city/highway mpg (l/100 km): 9/13 (21.5)

Base Price: 2006 Lamborghini Murcielago - $279,900 / 223,880 € (last update: 2/3/2006)

Surprised at the weight....these are little suckers. But still, at 580bhp/480awtq, it's not even close....stock for stock as in the thread title.
    Last edited by Shpoone; 09-06-2006 at 05:51 PM. Reason: comment about thread title

Thread Information