Evr sena bdgr killa snak? Roastem's Avatar

Pewter
    '99 Z28 M6

Pics of Z06 Vette Brake Conversion for F-body

I installed the 13+ inch front Durastop drilled/slotted Vette rotors up front. They also have the COOL curved vane feature for drawing air into the rotor while its turning. The rear Durastop drilled and slotted Vette rotors DO NOT FIT the F-bodies. I had to order the Durastop rear performance rotors for the F-body, and they do not come drilled or slotted.

I also installed the Z06 front and rear red calipers with the carbon ceramic Durastop performance pads all around. The KORE3 Industries brake conversion kit was installed also, which consisted of two nicely gold finished mounting brackets for each wheel. WARNING: To install this kit you will need some sort of metal SAWZALL, b/c you have to lop off the lower mounting lobe for your stock PAB's. ONCE you do this, you WILL NOT be able to use your stock brake parts AGAIN, not unless you have a welder handy.

I also installed the stainless steel brake line set from Goodrich, which is very nice and comes with everything you need. I highly recommend installing these SS brake lines when you do this conversion.

I started with the rotor farthest away from the brake cylinder, and worked my way to the closest. Bleeding each as I finished them, to ensure no air is present in the brake system.

RESULTS: Most awesome non-power mod ever done to this car. The pedal is stiffer than me with Pam Andersen rubbin' it. There is absolutely no fade, and if you stab the brake be prepared to eat a steering wheel, get a nasty seat belt burn, and crack the windshield with your forehead. Ever heard of "throw out the anchor braking?" Well, this is it! They feel strong enough to stop a 747.

I had 1000 bucks tied up in parts, anyone interested in the PBR brakes I took off my Z? I got the rotors, calipers, PAB's, and brake lines FOR SALE.

Look at the profile pic for a full view of the car from the side, the brake upgrade is obvious, even from a distance!
    Last edited by Roastem; 07-07-2006 at 07:59 AM.
    Heads 'n Cammed, Moser 12, 3.73's, Weight Reduction, 13" Brembo Kit
    BMR track suspension, full exhaust, the works...
    412whp/394wtq 1/4 mile slip coming soon!
    Gone: '01 Laser Red Cobra 3.73's/Full Bolt-ons

Black
    1998 Z/28

well lets see some pics
    http://img519.imageshack.us/my.php?image=wheelieke5.jpg361hp 351tq 98 Z/28 A4 SLP Lid/Smooth Bellow/LM2 K&N Filter Pacesetter Headers TSP Y Pipe Z06 Style Wheels B&M shifter Yank 3200 Prothane Motor/Trans Mounts Torquer V2/7.425" p-rods/Comp Springs
    $, the replacement for displacement.

1998 WS6, 1969 Camaro

What are the pbr brakes?

Black
    01 WS6

Do you need the mounting brackets for the rear brakes? Do you also have to cut the lobes off the rear brakes?

Thread Information