White
    1998 Camaro SS

i have the conection...where do i get software for cheap?

I have a connection to hook my camaro up to my laptop. All i need now is some software. I don't have alot of money to spend, where can i get some free or trail or used or something software.
    To be able to see whatis going on is nice, but to be able to change things like the skip shift is better. Thanks

Don't know about any free, trial or used suites - but I'd take a look at hptuners if looking for tuning software.

Token V6 Guy

Silver
    2000 Grand Prix GTP

werd...your not going to find any freeware...definitly check out www.hptuners.com for tuning software...starts at $499 & you can tune up to & over 4 vehicles with your initial purchase depending on how you license the vehicles.
    Support for HPTuners

White
    1999 Camaro Z28 Conv.

Jet's DST is also $499. This is what I've been using and I've been happy with it.

Arrest Me Red
    1997 Formula

Just an idea: if money is an issue, rethink.
    What you need is software that will scan and log, and software that will modify your ECM. From what I understand, one package will do all (I have an LT1, which is different). Then you need a wideband O2, to get accurate AFR readings. I use an LM-1, but there are several quality ones available.
    Best of luck.

Midnight Blue
    1999 T/A

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/VPW-O...spagenameZWDVW

there are some links in the middle of the page that i belive are all open source and should get you somewhere...not sure where... but somewhere

Quote Originally Posted by In_style View Post
    I have a connection to hook my camaro up to my laptop. All i need now is some software. I don't have alot of money to spend, where can i get some free or trail or used or something software.
    To be able to see whatis going on is nice, but to be able to change things like the skip shift is better. Thanks

where did you get the cable from? or cost? I need to get a cable but the lowest i have found is like 30 bucks.... kinda pricey for a cable.

Quote Originally Posted by foff667 View Post
    werd...your not going to find any freeware...definitly check out www.hptuners.com for tuning software...starts at $499 & you can tune up to & over 4 vehicles with your initial purchase depending on how you license the vehicles.
    499... They have a military discount?

whits
    1999 camaro z28

Just buy a "skip shift elimiator" for $15 to $25; do a Google for this phrase. Lots of sources

Token V6 Guy

Silver
    2000 Grand Prix GTP

499... They have a military discount?
    $499 comes with one of the best scanners on the market & up to 4pcm locked licenses with an option for unlimited year/model locks & real time tuning. You won't see any further discounts anytime soon, but right now its the best deal going. The Jet package doesnt come with a scanner standard nor do they offer any custom operating systems or LS2 tuning

Thread Information