Thread: Another FNG

Blue
    1967 Chevy

Another FNG

How is everyone?

A little about me...

I am currently deployed in Iraq as an infantryman. The "guyswithguns" handle seemed appropriate given our current situation. ...a bunch of guys with guns driving around in trucks with guns. As we get closer to the end of this 16-month tour I can't wait to get gease under my fingernails again.

I have always been a Olds/Pontiac guy and have a 455-powered '71 Cutlass 2-dr hardtop and a '66 Pontiac Catalina sporting a 400.

I need another project car like a hole in the head, but I acquired my grandfather's 1967 Chevy full size car after he passed away. The price was right...free (thanks grandma!). It had sat in a barn for almost 15 years and has only 60xxx miles on it. Overall it is a very clean car. However, the stock 283 2bbl is locked up tight.

I would like to build this thing into a modern "Pro Touring" type car and am considering using an LS-series engine in it. The thing is, I know nearly nothing about this type of engine.

I am looking for milage with a respectable level of power. I also like the thought of weight savings from an all aluminum block and heads.

Right off the bat, I have a few basic questions:

Has anyone had any success putting an LSx engine into a 65-70 Chevy full size car?
    Any headers available or suitable exhaust manifolds?
    Which vehicles left the factory with aluminum blocks and heads?

Good to find this site. Thanks in advance

-guyswithguns

Paid 2 Post Daycrew SexOnWheels's Avatar

Blood Red
    Z28

There are many cars/trucks with LSx swap so ya it can be done!

Welcome to LS1.com

Thread Information