Silver, Black
    03 Viper, 05 Escalade

Who has been to a seized vehicle auction?

I have heard about these auctions and I have wanted to go to one. Has anyone anyone ever been to one? I once paid 35 bucks for this site that was supposed to tell you where these auctions were but all I did was get fucked out of my money.

blue
    83 mustang 347

you can find good deals but if you dont watch out you will get 'lemons' to say in the least. I have a buddy from up in buffalo ill cehck with him to see if he knows anything about where they are held at up there and get back to you

Gray
    2012 Challenger R/T

Buddy of mine does the Houses ..Says there is a lot of 'company's" that come in a scarf up all the good deals .....

impulse blue
    06 GTO

I went to one in PA. A friend bought an old detective car. There were siezed vehicles there. Most are junk. Go to google and type in NY state auctions or something like that.

LeMans
    2005 Corvette 2005 GTO

Ive been once, its all about picking a day when the big dealers arent there. I did see a 98 vette go for 12k though

I ain't No Tire Kicker!

Red
    1991 Honda Civic 4Dr LX

I have been to lets say lots... I work for a small car lot that goes to most of these seized vehicle auctions. If we get a junkie that would take too much work to fix, then we part it out and sell it from his shop or on ebay®.
    My buddy likes to buy the old used cop cars and fix them up and sell them at low prices, even with low miles on it i think he sold one for 3,500
    which ain't bad... Most of the time we get there way before it starts, I mean what better timeing than to be there almost before noone else is!!!!!!!!! Then we go inside and get our tags and shoot out to the lot where all the cars are, (Yes they have the keys inside them so you can start them, but you may not drive them) Most of these cars are okay, we go to one that will place the Junkers on one half of the lot and the good running ones on the other. My buddys car lot is not a Salavge yard yet... He does have the space and paper work for it 2 be one but he is doing alright for now... My Buddy just awhile back got a Vett for 9K, yep you heard that one right y'all,
    Back end had been hit hard, so we bought it to strip it and sell the parts, well, let just say now its a fun car... Took the back end off, replaced it with one from junk yard and drive just fine... Its in the carlots name, he has said he will not sell it... LOL. But yeah, they are hard to find.. Just search on google like someone else said.

Silver, Black
    03 Viper, 05 Escalade

Quote Originally Posted by ztrouble View Post
    you can find good deals but if you dont watch out you will get 'lemons' to say in the least. I have a buddy from up in buffalo ill cehck with him to see if he knows anything about where they are held at up there and get back to you
    Thank you very much, I apperciate it.

Quote Originally Posted by BadBlueBird* View Post
    Ive been once, its all about picking a day when the big dealers arent there. I did see a 98 vette go for 12k though
    That's exactly what I'm looking for...A nice low mile Vette. God it would be nice to find a c6 for about 25 grand or so.

Impounded
    Quote Originally Posted by cujo View Post
    I have heard about these auctions and I have wanted to go to one. Has anyone anyone ever been to one? I once paid 35 bucks for this site that was supposed to tell you where these auctions were but all I did was get fucked out of my money.
    why pay money for information which you can just ask around and get it for free?

Silver, Black
    03 Viper, 05 Escalade

I was young, dumb, and nieve when I paid and was before I was ls1.com obsessed lol. Now I know if anyone around here knows anything about these auctions or whatever the case is, I can come here.

Thread Information