Thread: SLP Air Box

Black
    2002 Trans Am WS6

SLP Air Box

I am looking to get the SLP Air Box for my 2002 TA WS6, everybody tells me that it makes that car faster and the exhaust louder. I have looked at them and can not tell the difference between the stock box and the SLP box...can anybody tell me what the difference is?

black
    2002 WS6

externally the large baffles on the side are removed maing for a much cleaner line to the intake increasing over all velocity of the air and allowing for larger CFMs

Navy Blue Metallic
    1998 Camaro SS

Thumbs up

you will be very happy with it...as am I....a good mod for the money
    1998 SS-Navy Blue metalic, 6-spd,Stainless OBX-R long tubes, t-tops, leather, 17" chrome ZR1's, magnaflow catback, slp airlid, mail order tune.......

Black
    1998 Camaro Z28

As Orcus said, the large baffles on each side of the intake are omitted. These (when stock) are used to help quiet down the air when entering the engine. This quieting of the air robs the engine of a good hp. If you look on the underside of the stock lid, you will see a whole bunch of ribs on the surface. Again, this is to help quiet down the airflow. AND again, this robs the engine of precious airflow. Hey, every little counts. An aftermaket lid is good for 8-12hp.

Thread Information