2000 Pontiac Trans-am WS6

SLP's LS1/LS6 INTAKE MANIFOLD.

Has Anyone Installed This? Looking For Feedback.
    Thanks.

Black
    1998 Pontiac Trans Am

Everything you need to know....

http://www.ls1howto.com/index.php?article=5

Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

I think he is asking about the SLP brand of intake specific.

05 Wrangler
    00 Z28 sold :-(

Yup...just installed my slp ls6 the other weekend....so far no probs and have a good top-end SOTP gain. You have to modify the egr tube that goes into the intake....basically you have to hacksaw off the head to make it fit the brass fitting. I also put some high temp rtv around where the tube and fitting come together...just for shits n giggles. I recommend taking some beers out there and taking your time...it might take longer then you think. I'll post a pic of it later...hard to tell a difference visually while installed, but it's a good 1/2 taller then the ls1 manifold.
    Last edited by SeVeReDiStOrTiOn; 02-17-2006 at 09:55 AM.

Hey severe distortion, did you have to make modifications for the wiring harness on top of the block and the coolant tubes? I've read some installation issues concerning having to make additional modifications in addition to the EGR tube.
    Thanks.

Red Tint Jewelcoat
    2008 Trailblazer SS

The SLP intake is nothing more than a GM piece.
    If you are wanting to keep EGR on the car, SLP does the work for you and reams you for an extra $50.

Check the for sale sections for better LS6 intake prices.
    I made the mistake of ordering mine from SLP. After I searched more...found one for much cheaper. Check out LS1.com's sponsor list.

LS6 intake is a great mod though. No matter where you get it.
    2008 Trailblazer SS
    Yank PTB3600, Kooks 1 7/8" LT's, 4" intake, E-fans, Magnaflow, Sonnax kit, tranny cooler, tune.
    Lowered, HID's, tinted.

1999 Pontiac Trans Am WS.6 #1747 SOLD
    531.1 RWHP 481.3 FT/Pounds all motor.

05 Wrangler

Quote Originally Posted by Ponti-MANIac
    Hey severe distortion, did you have to make modifications for the wiring harness on top of the block and the coolant tubes? I've read some installation issues concerning having to make additional modifications in addition to the EGR tube.
    Thanks.
    The coolant tubes yes...wiring harness no. The slp manifold comes with everything you need...the manifold itself has new gaskets for the TB and for the manifold itself. It also comes with the new coolant tube and 2 plugs for the back of the block that you need to put on...and comes with a new map sensor. It's really easy, hardest thing for me was getting the old manifold off...it catches on everything. I ordered mine from thunder and they get it from slp I believe....either way it was packaged very well with no damage when I recieved it. It was back ordered though so it took about 5-6 weeks to get...which still isn't that bad.

EDIT: I just figured out what harness you're talking about You're talking about the knock sensor wiring right? Well if that's what you're talking about you do have to remove 2 green clips that hold the wiring to the old coolant tubes...it's just tape that is holding the clips on. The clips won't fit under the new manifold because it's flat.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Lous
    The SLP intake is nothing more than a GM piece.
    If you are wanting to keep EGR on the car, SLP does the work for you and reams you for an extra $50.

Check the for sale sections for better LS6 intake prices.
    I made the mistake of ordering mine from SLP. After I searched more...found one for much cheaper. Check out LS1.com's sponsor list.
    Yes it's just a modified gm piece...but the seller for me was that it came with the coolant tube and plugs. Those are about $60 themselves from the dealer...and the plugs can be hard to find. Plus i'm lazy and didn't wanna mod the manifold for egr.
    Last edited by SeVeReDiStOrTiOn; 02-17-2006 at 05:07 PM.

Red Tint Jewelcoat
    2008 Trailblazer SS

Don't get them from the dealer.
    They should be like $30 from a sponsor.

Exclamation

[QUOTE=SeVeReDiStOrTiOn]The coolant tubes yes...wiring harness no. The slp manifold comes with everything you need...the manifold itself has new gaskets for the TB and for the manifold itself. It also comes with the new coolant tube and 2 plugs for the back of the block that you need to put on...and comes with a new map sensor. It's really easy, hardest thing for me was getting the old manifold off...it catches on everything. I ordered mine from thunder and they get it from slp I believe....either way it was packaged very well with no damage when I recieved it. It was back ordered though so it took about 5-6 weeks to get...which still isn't that bad.

EDIT: I just figured out what harness you're talking about You're talking about the knock sensor wiring right? Well if that's what you're talking about you do have to remove 2 green clips that hold the wiring to the old coolant tubes...it's just tape that is holding the clips on. The clips won't fit under the new manifold because it's flat.

Yes I am refering to the knock sensor wiring. I read somewhere about having to grind a channel into the "flat" bottom of the intake to prevent crushing the harness but it sounds as though you did not have to go to that extent. Thanks for your help.

Yes I am refering to the knock sensor wiring. I read somewhere about having to grind a channel into the "flat" bottom of the intake to prevent crushing the harness but it sounds as though you did not have to go to that extent. Thanks for your help.

05 Wrangler

I hope the wiring isn't crushed under it...but I haven't had any probs yet so it should be fine. Anyway here's a few pics of the manifold in the box and on the car. If you order from our sponser thunder racing like I did...it'll come packaged very well like the one in the pic. And the tube and plugs that you need are on that white cardboard in the pic.

Silver
    1998 WS6 M6

I never had any issues with myne. I dident like the fact I had to Hack the EGR tube up. Just asking for an egr leak if its not sealed properly. Overall it made a huge difference up top. I think I gained about 3mph trap speed and the car reved alot freeier all the way thru the RPM band. This was on my old 99. Id probably agree that atleast checking out other brands wont hurt.

Thread Information