2000 Pontiac Trans-am WS6

Diablo Predator Questions

1) What funtion disables the EGR P-codes and O2 P-codes?

2) What impact does the torque mgt funtion have on a 6 speed manual and what is the difference between the 3 options listed.

3) What tuning modifications does the preset "SLP performance pack" tune make.

4) When selecting the modify tune option, does that over ride the preset tune if it has already been downloaded to the PCM?

5) After I successfully download a tune I am able to go to the options menu and select "car tune" to see the current tune in the PCM, but then if I go back to that menu option after the programmer has been disconected to check the last tune it reads "no tune". Why is that?

I know this alot of questions but the manual doesnt explain stuf very well.
    Thanks.
    3 Time Trans-am owner and the son of a 4 time "classic" GTO owner
    The force is strong in my family

Borla cat back, SLP lid, SLP smooth bellows, Diablo Sport Tune, TB bypass, Ported & Polished TB, 160 t-stat, Amsoil Synthetic, Blown & Stroked in the back seat, flux capacitor on layaway........

LT's, 3400 stall, FIPK,CB
    2002 Z28

Quote Originally Posted by Ponti-MANIac View Post
    1) What funtion disables the EGR P-codes and O2 P-codes?

2) What impact does the torque mgt funtion have on a 6 speed manual and what is the difference between the 3 options listed.

3) What tuning modifications does the preset "SLP performance pack" tune make.

4) When selecting the modify tune option, does that over ride the preset tune if it has already been downloaded to the PCM?

5) After I successfully download a tune I am able to go to the options menu and select "car tune" to see the current tune in the PCM, but then if I go back to that menu option after the programmer has been disconected to check the last tune it reads "no tune". Why is that?

I know this alot of questions but the manual doesnt explain stuf very well.
    Thanks.

I have a Predator tuner I use on my 02 Z28, not sure if they have a newer one or not, but mine was the latest software a year ago.
    1)I can't disable the EGR etc codes with mine, mine has to have a cutom tune to do it, I had running with the devil do my tune. I can only clear a code that has been set off.
    2)I dunno, I have a A4, as far as I always knew it was to save from breaking the A4 tranny and has no impact on the M6, but I don't know.
    3)I have the non SLP version, it is just a slightly modified version of the stock diablosport tune that changes spark, timing etc.
    4)modify tune keeps your tune you have and makes the changes you add in when you modify it. So if you have the SLP tune, then modify it, it will add the modification on the SLP tune.
    5)have no idea.

Hey Rotwiler,
    Regarding my 5th question, does your programmer do the same thing? You said you had no idea as to why it comes up "no tune" but if yours does the same thing I won't be as concerned. Also, I know the tune is downloading successfully because the modifications I have made are appearent but the damn programmer reads no tune after I properly unplug it and then plug it back in and check the last tune in the options menu.

LT's, 3400 stall, FIPK,CB
    2002 Z28

I haven't checked. It may have nothing to do with the tune, it may be for a special tune. My Predator has a tick screen etc and it has nothing to do with anything, was for later upgrades they never did. the big thing is the Tune you change works. With mine it says tune installed and then my speedometer is always a pain after a new tune, sometimes takes 4 or 5 times to make it right since the gear change. I do like the Predator though for what it is it works, just the speedometer thing irritates me.

05 Wrangler
    00 Z28 sold :-(

under modify tune scroll all the way down and you'll see the egr, air and o2 codes. Under COT you'll find the common p0420 and 430 codes..

red
    2002 camaro ss

I'm using HP Tuners on my 02 M6 instead of the Diablo, but there was a noticable difference after disabling the torque management.

Quote Originally Posted by rnl35thss View Post
    I'm using HP Tuners on my 02 M6 instead of the Diablo, but there was a noticable difference after disabling the torque management.
    Now I'm really confused. I have an M6 but the rep at Diablosport told me that the torque mgt is for the A4 only and does nothing for the M6. So what difference did you notice?

red
    2002 camaro ss

It wasn't night and day but somewhat more eager

Thread Information