Silver, Black
    03 Viper, 05 Escalade

Ebay account jacked! help!

My ebay account has been jacked. My trans am price was lowered by 2500 and then someone ended it. Someone is ALSO SELLING A JETTA UNDER MY ACCOUNT!!! I closed my paypal account...How do i fix this? can you call ebay? I use ebay alot but This is freaking me out. I also changed my ebay password. Suggestions please!

Detailing + Design third_shift|studios's Avatar

My life is a
    Ben Stiller movie.

http://pages.ebay.com/securitycenter/?ssPageName=f:f:US

see wehre that takes you. Fuck, that sucks man

Visualize°Design°Create SSwt00SS's Avatar

'18 CTS-V
    '13 ZL1

Quote Originally Posted by cujo View Post
    My ebay account has been jacked. My trans am price was lowered by 2500 and then someone ended it. Someone is ALSO SELLING A JETTA UNDER MY ACCOUNT!!! I closed my paypal account...How do i fix this? can you call ebay? I use ebay alot but This is freaking me out. I also changed my ebay password. Suggestions please!
    go directly to ebay, contact and start sending them e-mails now stating what happened. back up all your e-mails associated with your car sale. tell them you also have unauthorized items for sale on your account that you have no connection too.

happened to me last december and they waived all fees, charges, etc from a camera that someone listed on my account. listen to what they have to say, change your password and change your e-mail address that's associated with your e-bay account to a new one. that's what I had to do.

My life is a
    Ben Stiller movie.

DID i ever mention that I HATE EBAY!

"now,you pissed us off!!" Trouble maker's Avatar
    That was that E-mail that you opened from your earlier post,that I told you was a scam.As soon as you opened that,he or she was able to hack your E-bay account.The same thing happened to a buddy of mine and he was charged with selling 100 of those big ass bouncy jump things that they rent at partys!!It would have been cool if he received payment for selling those..but all he got was the listing costs associated with them!!!

Almost sounds like the old Nigeria scam... I had my FOrmula on Autotrader and kept getting e-mails saying this is so and so.. I have a check ready for the car, but I owe so-n-so so much.. so if I write you a check for 5,000 more.. you pay that person 4 and keep a grand.. and we'll pick up your car... well... the certified checks end up being fake, so you're out of a car, AND are reposnsible for the amount the check was for.... I ALMOST fell for it. "The same scam that my buddy got caught up in was from Nigeria also!!"
    ___AHH Shit......This should have been a quote!!! Sorry...._______________
    -Geno
    1985 Blue Camaro 2.8L auto w/T-tops
    1985 Brown Firebird 5.7L (360) 5-speed no T-tops
    1988 Blue Firebird Formula 5.0L auto w/T-tops (www.formulaproject.com)
    2002 Black Trans Am WS6 5.7L LS1 auto w/T-tops ASC# 5986, Feb 15, 02

Silver, Black
    03 Viper, 05 Escalade

Well finally after waiting in line on an internet chat room, I got connected to a representative on the phone. I got a "spoof" or fake email from ebay that look ligitimate and I got one from a guy interested in my car. Never put your e-mail in the item you're selling and never open any mail from ebay in your mailbox. Only open the ones in "my messages" on the ebay site. To be twice as safe, ebay sends one message to your "my messages" and a duplicate to your mailbox. All I know was this experience has been hell but at least I was credited all my money for both cars, no questions asked. For you selling cars on here, just be carful not to get burned.

My life is a
    Ben Stiller movie.

I FUCKING HATE EBAY

Black
    2000 Pontiac Trans Am WS6

I love eBay. I just hate all the scammers out there trying to take advantage!

Artic White
    2001 Camaro

I get stuff in my email that says I have stuff listed but its for some foreign name. I log in and there nothing on mine for sell so I dunno.

is your screen name bjermeyf or something like that this guy bought something from me waited about 2 weeks of not responding to my messages answers back finally and says someone broke into his account, so i had to relist the item

Silver, Black
    03 Viper, 05 Escalade

No thats not me, I'm cujo pretty much everywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by third_shift|studios View Post
    I FUCKING HATE EBAY
    Then don't use Ebay. That seems to be a pretty simple solution. No one cares that you hate ebay. That has nothing to do with this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Big D Z View Post
    Then don't use Ebay. That seems to be a pretty simple solution. No one cares that you hate ebay. That has nothing to do with this thread.
    Yeah it does..He is simply stating his opinion regarding E-Bay.The thread relates to E-Bay.He is anti-e-bay.Did I mention he hates E-Bay?
    Damn Big D,get a grip.....

RED
    2001 PONTIAC TA RAM AIR

Never click on those links that are sent passing of as ebay or paypal. I have received several scam emails saying that there is a problem with my account and I should follow the link provided to correct the problem. I received from both ebay and paypal scam email. Ebay and Paypal recommend that you of course do not go to the link. Instead forward the email to them so they can investigate the source. Also be careful for other scam emails passing themselves off as legit. It can be from Citibank, Bank of America, etc. In this time and age, you have to be very careful. Just heard today someone falling for a scam in which the person was told she won the lotto in Spain and send thousands of dollars to pay for the taxes.

Quote Originally Posted by Trouble maker View Post
    Yeah it does..He is simply stating his opinion regarding E-Bay.The thread relates to E-Bay.He is anti-e-bay.Did I mention he hates E-Bay?
    Damn Big D,get a grip.....
    No, its third_shift that needs to get a grip.

What does thrid_shifts hatred of Ebay have ANYTHING to do with cujo's problem? Does it answer cujo's question in anyway? No, it doesn't do shit for him and has nothing to do with the topic of this thread.

third_shifts first post was on-topic and answered his question...so why did he feel it necessary to post again...AND again that he hates ebay?? Did cujo ask what thought about ebay?

your parts guy!!! 1fastcamarosss11's Avatar

trans am 00 ws6
    1998 camaro ss vert

calm down guys no bashing i am stopping this before it goes to far. let it go now. all of you.

2000 Corvette

Almost fell, well, did fall for it too. I caught what I was doing after linking from my e-mail and changed my password in seconds. I think that saved me.

Thread Information