Yellow
    2015 Z06 Coming, 2014 Z51

Shaft Mount Rockers

Plain and Simple - The Best Rockers you can buy for your LS1, LS2 or LS6.

$300.00 a set plus shipping. This price CAN'T be Beat.

Everyone talks about rocker nose weight. These rockers are the strongest available at any price and have less nose weight then the factory rockers. Most of the other aftermarket rockers offer valvetrain stability but this comes at the cost of heavt nose weight. That means the engine can't "ramp" or accelerate as fast through the power band.

If you can find a better set of rockers, please send me the link. I can't be done. This offer is to the first 20 customers
    •Fits 1997-06 LS1, LS6 & LS2 powered engines
    •Direct OEM replacement, won't void your factory warranty
    •Adds 8 to 11% more horsepower by adding more lift to your factory camshaft
    •Can increase mileage by 10 % to 15% (ideal for truck and SUV applications)
    •Shaft mounted design improves high speed stability and reliability over factory stud mounted design
    •Integrated oil passage in the front of each rocker arm supplied proper oiling to the valve spring
    •Large trunnion & more needle bearings to spread the load, integral pushrod seat
    •Computer designed and machined from 7071 aircraft alloy
    •Includes extruded aluminum arms, precision alloy steel trunnions and shafts and posilok nuts
    •Installs in approximately 3-4 hours (may doubling up on valve cover gaskets, hardened push rods may be required for applications not equipped with screw-in studs and push rod guide plates or when using extremely heavy valve springs)

Why Granatelli Roller Rockers?
    Granatelli Roller Rockers are precision-engineered levers designed to overcome the inherent faults created by low cost factory rocker arms. Factory applications are prone to failure, which can result in an expensive engine rebuild. When combined with the proper Granatelli valve springs they offer a powerful performance punch.

How are Granatelli Roller Rockers constructed and what are the benefits?
    Computer designed and machined, Granatelli Roller Rockers use a high strength extruded 7071 aircraft alloy that house hefty needle roller bearings and roller tips to reduce friction. A Granatelli Roller Rocker equipped engine responds more quickly than its standard counterpart. In high performance engines with Granatelli Roller Rockers and stronger Granatelli valve springs, considerable horsepower gains are common over conventional rockers.

Will standard rockers covers fit?
    The 1.7 Granatelli Roller Rocker Arm is designed to fit under the standard covers, but some may require taller covers. Often using two rocker cover gaskets glued together and longer bolts are a quick and easy fix.

What are the advantages of shaft mount rockers?
    Granatelli Roller Rockers are designed for shaft mounting. This makes the rockers more stable and reliable at high rpm’s and in many cases results in a significant horsepower gain over standard stud mounted rockers, where the studs are prone to flexing, particularly where heavier springs are used in performance applications.

How can Granatelli Roller Rockers extend the life of my cylinder heads?
    Standard non-roller rocker type arm push and pull the valve stem sideways every time the valve is opened. This causes the guides to wear prematurely, which in turn causes the valve seat to deteriorate. With a Granatelli Roller Rocker, the roller tip prevents this side loading, giving the guide and stem the best chance of survival, making them ideal for not only performance engines, but standard engines as well.

Do roller rockers need special push rods?
    Usually no, with the exceptions being -

1. When screw-in studs and hardened guide plates are to be fitted (on engines not fitted with them originally). These need hardened pushrods.

2. When extremely heavy valve springs are fitted a more robust push rod than standard may be required.

What about my mileage?
    While not sold as mileage enhancers, Granatelli Rocker Arms create an improvement in valve train geometry therefore the engine does not work as hard to "intake" the same amount of air which in turn means a more efficient combustion dynamic. This translates to better mileage while gaining an 8% to 11% increase in power.

A 10% to 15% improvement in mileage is not uncommon. This makes the Granatelli 1.7 shaft mount rockers a grand slam bolt on option for performance minded LS1, LS2 and LS6 based sports cars as well as all 4.7, 5.3 and 6.0 based SUV's

Why are Granatelli Roller Rockers not color anodized to make them look fancy?
    An anodized arm is weaker! Anodizing actually degrades the aluminum reducing its tensile strength and reducing the life cycle of the arm. Anodizing is an electrochemical process that produces a clear or colored coating. This coating is extremely hard and is "notch sensitive". Even slight "dings" from careless handling or slight scratches like those from feeler gauges can cause a "stress riser" precipitating cracking and subsequent arm failure.

Should I run a higher than standard rocker ratio?
    Most cam grinders today specify rocker ratios higher than standard for specific camshaft grinds. We find in most cases the 1.7 ratio shaft mount Granatelli Roller Rockers gives you the best results.

I am fitting larger diameter valve springs. Will I have any problems?
    It is imperative that you check for clearance between the rocker arm and the spring retainer combination in the fully open and closed positions. Allow at least .060" (1.5mm) clearance. The 1.7 ratio shaft mount Granatelli Roller Rockers have adequate clearance for most applications however those that don't can be notched by a competent engine machine shop for at a nominal charge.

What tappet settings do I use when fitting roller rockers?
    The tappet settings remain the same a s specified for your camshaft.

Should I reduce the oil supply to the top end when using roller rockers?
    A roller rocker requires far less oil for lubrication than a standard type of rocker, so it is not uncommon for engine builders to restrict the amount of oil to the top end. Granatelli Roller Rockers incorporate an oil passage in the front of each rocker arm to supply oil to the valve spring. In highly stressed engines the cooling effect of the oil on the valve spring can be critical, so the decision to reduce oil supply should not be taken lightly.

What is the warranty on 1.7-ratio shaft mount Granatelli Roller Rockers?
    We have so much confidence in the quality of the 1.7 ratio shaft mount Granatelli Roller Rockers they are guaranteed against faulty workman! ship or materials for a period of 12 months from date of purchase This includes the extruded aluminum arms, precision alloy steel trunnions or shafts and posilok nuts.
    Last edited by Granatelli; 03-04-2006 at 05:43 AM.

Gold
    1998 Formula

What is the part number for these?

Gold
    1998 Formula

Yikes not sure how all those posts happened Sorry

Gold
    1998 Formula

Can I get these at summit

Yellow

part number is 510001

You can purchase them from Summit but not at these prices

pewter
    1999 Z28

I have a 1999 Z-28 with an LS1. Do the valve springs also have to be repaced if I use these rockers?

Yellow

Quote Originally Posted by Slopoke
    I have a 1999 Z-28 with an LS1. Do the valve springs also have to be repaced if I use these rockers?
    If they are stock and have never been replaced - now is a good time. I can include them for $75.00

LS1/LS6/LS2
    H.D. Valve Springs

•Fits 1997-06 LS1 & LS2 Powered Engines
    •Direct OEM replacement, won't void your factory warranty
    •Design to increase HP when used with camshafts that do not exceed .560" lift single shiv spring design
    •Design to increase HP when used with camshafts that exceed .565" lift - Dual shiv spring design
    •Eliminates loss of approximately 20HP from stock springs giving out after 10-20 high performance runs
    •Ideal for high performance car and truck/SUV applications
    •Includes all necessary hardware

Thread Information