PCM For Less customers please enter

I had my car put together with some cam and head upgrades, and I had a mail order tune done by PCMForLess... Its running ok, just alittle rich and the knock sensor hates the idle... but I have 2 concerns. When I plug my OBD2 scanner in now, instead of reading that the vehical is a 1996 Pontiac Trans Am 5.7 like it used to, it says its a Buick Roadmaster 2.2L or something... all I have to do is change the settings in the scanner and it reads the sensors, but I'm wondering if they sent me a generic computer from another type of vehical? I dont have a problem with this as long as it runs right and still passes inspection, but it also comes up with a different vin number and shit! Can this be reprogrammed? Any problems down the line (like when i go to get it dynotuned?)

Also, I wanted to install my LT4 knock modual that I have to get rid of that false knock during idle, but can I even do that now that this computer possibly isnt even from an LT1???

[]D [] []V[] []D
    1999 trans am

Quote Originally Posted by grandkodiak View Post
    I had my car put together with some cam and head upgrades, and I had a mail order tune done by PCMForLess... Its running ok, just alittle rich and the knock sensor hates the idle... but I have 2 concerns. When I plug my OBD2 scanner in now, instead of reading that the vehical is a 1996 Pontiac Trans Am 5.7 like it used to, it says its a Buick Roadmaster 2.2L or something... all I have to do is change the settings in the scanner and it reads the sensors, but I'm wondering if they sent me a generic computer from another type of vehical? I dont have a problem with this as long as it runs right and still passes inspection, but it also comes up with a different vin number and shit! Can this be reprogrammed? Any problems down the line (like when i go to get it dynotuned?)

Also, I wanted to install my LT4 knock modual that I have to get rid of that false knock during idle, but can I even do that now that this computer possibly isnt even from an LT1???

send it back to brian... he is a great guy and will make sure it gets fixed for you... have you e-mailed him and told him yet? i trust no one else to tune my car... only brian

Yea I sent him an email but he hasnt gotten back to me in a few days now. Guess I'll call Monday.

PS I felt adventurous and opened it up, the LT4 knock modual fit fine and completly solved the knock issue, but I'm still concerned that the computer comes up with a seperate VIN number and as a completly different vehical! I could care less if it works but the DMV is reallllly not going to like it.

Thread Information