Thread: Camaro Vs. ___

Arctic White
    '00 Camaro M6 SS #3553

Camaro Vs. ___

This may have been asked before, but I've always been curious how my stock SS (2000) would fare against other fast sport cars that I either haven't stepped up to or haven't had the chance to. For example:

-Viper. Obviously the Viper of the past few years has it won, but what about the earlier models?
    -Corvette (see above)
    -Subaru WRX. Never seen them in action, but I've read they're at 300hp.
    -Toyota Supra. Not sure at all about their numbers.
    -'03-'04 Cobra. 390+ hp stock, I know, but like I said, I'm curious.
    -Porsche Boxster. I know virtually nothing about the performance of this car and there are a few in my area.

I'm sure there are a ton more that I could list, but I wanted to know everyone's opinions. Also, if anyone has any interesting race stories pertaining to this topic, I'd love to hear them.

blue
    1999 camaro ss #976

i would guess u might need more ponys for a supra they r kinda fast and a porshe

Black
    1999 Mustang GT

Quote Originally Posted by GungHoPopsicle View Post
    This may have been asked before, but I've always been curious how my stock SS (2000) would fare against other fast sport cars that I either haven't stepped up to or haven't had the chance to. For example:

-Viper. Obviously the Viper of the past few years has it won, but what about the earlier models?
    -Corvette (see above)
    -Subaru WRX. Never seen them in action, but I've read they're at 300hp.
    -Toyota Supra. Not sure at all about their numbers.
    -'03-'04 Cobra. 390+ hp stock, I know, but like I said, I'm curious.
    -Porsche Boxster. I know virtually nothing about the performance of this car and there are a few in my area.

I'm sure there are a ton more that I could list, but I wanted to know everyone's opinions. Also, if anyone has any interesting race stories pertaining to this topic, I'd love to hear them.
    Ummmm Porshe Boxsters are a joke..... If you race a stock WRX STI from a 40 Roll youll beat him,a dig...just make sure you got your DRs on.... A Corvette it all depends on the years, you can beat some, and others will make you look like a turd....Supra, just stay away from those damn things, they have so much potential it ridiculous+most supras are 600+ WHP....03-04 Cobra another car that has alot of potential, With 2K in mods the car can see high 11s...Early year viper (Stock) aren't much actually... I got the honor to race one in my 313 WHP SRT-4, and I would definitely say for a Viper I wasn't impressed, a Nicely modded SS would eat a early year Viper stay away from the SRT-10s though.

Hope I helped sorry about grammar...

Pewter
    02SS6spd VERT!

I want to race an nsx and an 03-04 cobra. Oh I want to race a supra too

Black
    1999 Mustang GT

Quote Originally Posted by 7camaro7 View Post
    I want to race an nsx and an 03-04 cobra. Oh I want to race a supra too
    If were talking stock you will beat a RSX, and a NSX. NSXs are sexy, but the power source is terrible inless modified. I also raced a NSX in my SRT-4 from about a 65 roll I pulled on him til 110, and let off.

03/04 cobra will pull you...

UberTapping Friction Pimp Anthracis's Avatar

18D Cock Diesel
    1999 Z28; 98 SS #2043 RIP

Stay Safe!!

I know I seem like a joy kill but be sure to race in a controlled and safe manner. Hopefully in uncrowded areas or in areas not densely populated.

Guys, I don't want to see any of you get hurt. I have seen way too many people hurt and killed in MVAs from street racing. Hopefully, you all are saving the racing for the raceway or strip.

If you do race, please be careful and don't lose control of your vehicle. Its ok to walk away to race another day. We talk about modding our vehicles but how many of us really address safety issues. I don't want to threadjack so I will start another thread for this.

-out

Black
    1999 Mustang GT

Quote Originally Posted by Anthracis View Post
    I know I seem like a joy kill but be sure to race in a controlled and safe manner. Hopefully in uncrowded areas or in areas not densely populated.

Guys, I don't want to see any of you get hurt. I have seen way too many people hurt and killed in MVAs from street racing. Hopefully, you all are saving the racing for the raceway or strip.

If you do race, please be careful and don't lose control of your vehicle. Its ok to walk away to race another day. We talk about modding our vehicles but how many of us really address safety issues. I don't want to threadjack so I will start another thread for this.

-out
    Ya, I agree. I admit I am a dumbass at times, but make sure there is some thought before you do it.

-Scope it out for cops
    -Find an area to pull into to come out at the right time, when traffic is low.
    -Make sure there is no sudden turns, and make sure the road is in good condition. No rain, potholes, and so on.
    -Or you could just goto the track, but we all know that never works out.

"Street Racing is the most fun you can have with your pants on"

Pewter
    02SS6spd VERT!

Thumbs up

-out
    Thanks, I never do it in the city unless it's just up to the limit with no one in front of us.

I rarely do at all and I always keep in mind that I'd rather lose a stupid race than hurt myself or others. I only do when there is a good opportunity. I plan on doing most if not all of my racing at the drag strip.

UberTapping Friction Pimp Anthracis's Avatar

18D Cock Diesel
    1999 Z28; 98 SS #2043 RIP

Cool

Good stuff guys! Its important to be safe. It is our lives after all. Its good to know that we are responsible enough to keep these things in mind.

Black
    1999 Mustang GT

Good stuff guys! Its important to be safe. It is our lives after all. Its good to know that we are responsible enough to keep these things in mind.
    Also, I know its cool to video tape, but try to keep it "JUST" you in the car. There was a girl killed in a 97 Trans Am... she dies, and the boy friend lived. He was racing on the street.

I am guilty of this as well, just want you all to be considerate.

Awaiting Activation
    porsche boxster what a joke!

Thread Information