Black
    2000 / SS

How to build pressure

I just turned the bottle on for the first time tonight (FINALLY!) It was pretty awesome watching that guage move for the first time! It was reading just over 900... I know it can go higher, i think 1200 is the highest safe level? What are some good ways to build constant bottle pressure? I know you can get a heater for the bottle, its probably worth noting that it's about 9:30 at night here in VA, so it's probably as cool as it gets at night here around this time of year, would this have anything to do with it?

I have to re-do my purge lines, im running them from the splitters to the back of the cowl (ss)... SHould I just use the copper lines you use on the back of ice makers?

Black
    1998 Pontiac Trans Am

You answered your own question. A bottle heater with a pressure sensor will keep the bottle at a constant pressure. Temperature can play a huge role in bottle pressure. The hotter it is the higher the pressure...assuming the car has been baking in the sun of course. If you don't want to invest in a bottle heater then you can always put the bottle in hot water but thats just a temporary solution and the pressure will start dropping...slowly but surely.

It doesn't matter what the highest safe level is. You want to follow the manu's recommendations. For example, my HSW kit is rated at 950psi so thats what I keep my bottle pressure at.

Thread Information