Charleston, SC, but originally from Gainesville, FL

SILVER
    2002 Z28

What Do You Really Think?

Well, recently purchased a 2002 Z28 (had a 1999 Z28 and recently sold my 2000 Vette) and I am building my list of mods. It currently has a MAGNAFLOW muffler on it (that is it, bone stock) and I had a SLP LM and the MAC mid-lengths on my 1999 and it was aggressively loud.

What are your thoughts on the LMs?

The reason I ask is since I had my 1999, things have changed and I am looking for opnions.

Micah
    1999 Z28 - Sold.
    2000 CORVETTE - Sold.
    2002 Z28
    2005 SILVERADO Z71 - CREW CAB

sunset orange
    2001 SS VERT

Start out by getting you a airlid and then get you a used SLP dual/dual cat-back exhaust from one of the members on here if your worried about it being loud. Followed by some longtube headers and that would be a good start.

Wants to be Snowboarding FuhBreezeE's Avatar

Stg IV a4
    '99 TA Ws777

If you liked the way the LM sounded then go for it! There are MANY different combinations of exhaust systems to run, drop the mac mid-lengths. Waste, like droptop said, get some LT headers. They're far more aggressive. Again, SLP or Whisper make cheap, effective airlids for these cars. www.thunderracing.com That site will make you feel like a kid in a candy store, enjoy! And upload some pics of your ride!

Red
    2001 ws6

with LT's your guna get rasp with a LM

Jetstream Blue Metallic
    2008 Z06 Corvette

Less rasp with LT's if you run cats though. I have SLP LT through a complete LM system with cats, followed by just the resonator (not the muffler) and it is raspy, but not as bad as without the cats, which I'm actually thinking of removing due to ground resrictions. They are the first to hit, but my car is lowered too. Takes some pretty understanding neighbors if you run this system, and I leave for work at 2AM! Good thing I live on a hill, I roll it down the hill and fire it on the next block over so people I don't know hate me. lol

SILVER
    2002 Z28

Quote Originally Posted by fabrizi View Post
    If you liked the way the LM sounded then go for it! There are MANY different combinations of exhaust systems to run, drop the mac mid-lengths. Waste, like droptop said, get some LT headers. They're far more aggressive. Again, SLP or Whisper make cheap, effective airlids for these cars. www.thunderracing.com That site will make you feel like a kid in a candy store, enjoy! And upload some pics of your ride!
    Thanks guys for your inputs. I am VERY familiar with thunderracing.com, and I did post up some pix:

http://www.ls1.com/forums/showthread.php?t=73414

1998 Firebird Formula WS6

i would say try a cutout you can get one for $25 and then the price of install.

SILVER
    2002 Z28

Quote Originally Posted by 180ls1 View Post
    i would say try a cutout you can get one for $25 and then the price of install.
    Not what I am looking to do. At least the LM has some sort of resonator to tone things down a bit. Appreciate the suggestion.

Jetstream Blue Metallic
    2008 Z06 Corvette

Just for the record...because until I bought one, I didn't know. The SLP resonator is nothing but a empty piece of pipe. There's NOTHING going on in there! Sure it looks pretty, all polished and stainless steel, and I'm sure the engineers will tell you that the dimensions will bounce the sound waves off inside bla bla bla...but for the average layperson...it's an empty piece of pipe okay!

Black
    1995 Chevy LS1 S10 Blazer

hmmmm I wonder if they are tested vs just a a piece of pipe...be interesting to see what the difference is.
    Quote Originally Posted by 01LSS6Camaro View Post
    Just for the record...because until I bought one, I didn't know. The SLP resonator is nothing but a empty piece of pipe. There's NOTHING going on in there! Sure it looks pretty, all polished and stainless steel, and I'm sure the engineers will tell you that the dimensions will bounce the sound waves off inside bla bla bla...but for the average layperson...it's an empty piece of pipe okay!

Thread Information