red
    1999 trans am

Body kit + Rims????

I'm waiting on my wings west front lip and my vizage side skirts. And I was wondering what rims would look good with set up? let me know what you guys think.

Red/Silver/Black/Red
    TA-G8-Expe-L200-Camaro

Thumbs up Some Setups

Quote Originally Posted by angrychicken View Post
    I'm waiting on my wings west front lip and my vizage side skirts. And I was wondering what rims would look good with set up? let me know what you guys think.
    Here some setup for you

WS6 Rice Extermination MaxPlusTen's Avatar

Medium Quazar Blue
    1997 Trans Am LT1

Go 19 rear 18 front chrome C6 wheels, ittl look hot.

Red
    1998 Trans Am Vert

Deffenitly Go With A Bigger Rim, Either 18 Or 19. If You Do A 17 It Will Look To Small Because Your Car Will Appear Lower To The Ground Now With The Body Kit. I
    1998 Trans Am Vert, M6, Soon to be full of goodies......

Red/Silver/Black/Red
    TA-G8-Expe-L200-Camaro

Lightbulb 18" in the Front

I am not quite sure 18" in the front will work well with U turns... maybe have 18 on my front, but I think it's 17s. Making sharp turn etc. will rub against those wheel well....... Just my 4 cent to the wheel sizes.

The more I see people with custom low profile rims, the more I think there care look somewhat imbalance from afar. Low profile tires without somewhat of a lowering to the ground does not look right unless you have ground effects to reduce the appearance distance.

Matthew

WS6 Rice Extermination MaxPlusTen's Avatar

Medium Quazar Blue
    1997 Trans Am LT1

Quote Originally Posted by matthewaqui View Post
    I am not quite sure 18" in the front will work well with U turns... maybe have 18 on my front, but I think it's 17s. Making sharp turn etc. will rub against those wheel well....... Just my 4 cent to the wheel sizes.

Matthew
    Deffinatly not... i have 18 inch C6 all the way around, never ever had a prob... stock demensions on my tires and handels just the same as the stockers.

red
    1999 trans am

wow. I didnt think thread was still alive. Any ways, I finally didnt get the vizage side skirts. I stuck with wings west. And as far as rims go. I went with black 17" Z06 rims. I still havent installed the kit yet though. But thanks for the comments.

Red/Silver/Black/Red
    TA-G8-Expe-L200-Camaro

Thumbs up Proper Installation

From another thread, I mentioned that I will reinstalled my Wings West skirt back on to my vehicle instead of Vizage.

I don't suggest on using the 3 sided tape... just remove them as a hold. Bolt pieces on using a couple extra screws. Pieces should be shoved against original skirt and past top point of existing kit. I made the mistake of not shoving them up enough the first time around. You should have at least 4 inch clearance..... if you have less than that, installation of the pieces is incorrect.

Matthew

red
    1999 trans am

So your saying just to install them over the existing?... Hmmm. And like you said with 4" clearance, I got the prokit springs so I dont know? Did you use screws for the lip as well. Also did you add the extra screws around the existing mounting screws...? If you have any pics that would be awsome.

Red/Silver/Black/Red
    TA-G8-Expe-L200-Camaro

Lightbulb Installing the Kit

Hey Chicky,

The side skirts goes over the existing ones, they are made that way. I think you will have enough clearance. Take those skirts and jam it up there to previer your clearance. Where your current OEM gives clearance, add half an inch to to that.

It's dark so I'm going out to my garage......... but I think all the pieces are screwed in at the wheel well. The doubled sided tape will hold the two rear and front lip in place along with the wheel well screws. The skirt, I suggest you take the extra measure and have at least 4 screws underneath.... Just check how the factory installed the Original skirt and you will see what I mean.

I just sanded my skirts today and will do a little more sanding after work tomorrow. I will snap you a quick photo of how those pieces should be fitted tomorrow. Last word, I will be ordering vinyls for the side pieces. Upon thinking long and hard, the vinyl will last for at least another ten year compared to priming and painting it.

As you know gravel and road debris will chip paint off of those pieces very quickly...... if you are having a shop paint them, it will be costing you in the long run.... if you vinyl the pieces, clean up is simple and road debris will not crack the paint. The best place to order the vinyl is off of EBAY....the vinyl comes in 5 different colors.

If you wait, check out mine when I am done installing them to figure out what you need to do. All in all, the front and back pieces will fit perfect...... it those side ones that will be a pain.

Matthew

Quote Originally Posted by angrychicken View Post
    So your saying just to install them over the existing?... Hmmm. And like you said with 4" clearance, I got the prokit springs so I dont know? Did you use screws for the lip as well. Also did you add the extra screws around the existing mounting screws...? If you have any pics that would be awsome.

Red/Silver/Black/Red
    TA-G8-Expe-L200-Camaro

Lightbulb Body Part Developed Thread

Check out this thread where I have posted big time on the Ground effects and what you can do to improve their appearance on your vehicle.

http://www.ls1.com/forums/showthread.php?t=52627

You own me one!

Matthew

Thread Information