Thread: waste of gas

LS1 BITCHES

midnight blue
    2000 firebird formula

waste of gas

last night i changed my plugs, which was much easier than everyone said it would be, and i pulled my AIR off so i went for a cruise. at the end of the night i saw a 94-98 cobra at a gas station and i pulled in and asked him to race and he agreed. when he started his car i could tell he had exhaust and it sounded like a mild cam too. we went out to a back road and ran em. i told him i stop at 120 and he said his speedo was broken and he'd stop when i stopped. well my bird has been hookin like crazy lately and i pulled hard and by 90 he was at least 7 cars back, and i was hopin for some fun. he followed me for a while but stayed way back. cobras are a waste of money unless they're 03-04 beasts.

Quote Originally Posted by knewsock View Post
    cobras are a waste of money unless they're 03-04 beasts.

careful, a late 90's geared cobra with a few bolt ons can be a handful. boosted cobra would really hurt your feelings. not flaming you at all BTW, nice run. what you drive and what mods?

Black
    1987 Grand National

Quote Originally Posted by knewsock View Post
    last night i changed my plugs, which was much easier than everyone said it would be, and i pulled my AIR off so i went for a cruise. at the end of the night i saw a 94-98 cobra at a gas station and i pulled in and asked him to race and he agreed. when he started his car i could tell he had exhaust and it sounded like a mild cam too. we went out to a back road and ran em. i told him i stop at 120 and he said his speedo was broken and he'd stop when i stopped. well my bird has been hookin like crazy lately and i pulled hard and by 90 he was at least 7 cars back, and i was hopin for some fun. he followed me for a while but stayed way back. cobras are a waste of money unless they're 03-04 beasts.
    I just don't understand these comments. I believe some of you LS1 owners just think from a stock perspective and forget that mustangs have a million aftermarket parts. You have know Idea what a cobra with some mods could do it seems especially blown or turbocharged. Just because the LS1 is faster out of the gate doesn't mean it's faster in the end and everyone should be driving one. I'm a diehard GM fan and have been for over 20 years, but some of the comments make me think a few of you have a superiority complex. It just leads to a severe beating when you cross the wrong car.

LS1 BITCHES

midnight blue
    2000 firebird formula

i have a 2000 formula with slp headers and y, loudmouth, MAF, cold air, lid,and tune.

1997 Formula & 2003 cobra
    cobra's engine responds to mods a lot better than LS1 engine.. but they are both great and fast cars.. good kill.. never underestimate any cars on the street, you never know what is under the hood.

Black
    99 SS Vert M6

Quote Originally Posted by whitelightnin99 View Post
    careful, a late 90's geared cobra with a few bolt ons can be a handful. boosted cobra would really hurt your feelings. not flaming you at all BTW, nice run. what you drive and what mods?
    True. A bud of mine bought a 99 new. He had it recalled because of a class action suite about horsepower. When he gotter back it was pretty tuff. I think he said they(dealer) put on new exhaust and intake manifold. I had a bone stock 2000 SS and if I wasn't perfect he'd win. SOB always got the jump. I'd have to catch him in 3rd. It was hard, man.

Thread Information