Collectors edition yellow
    2002 ws6

Good tuner near NJ

Does anyone know where a good tuner is in northern NJ? Bruce's Speed shop is not doing tuning right now and I have heard slp is not doing tuning anymore.
    I just put on long tube headers and a true dual exhaust dumped before the axles. My car backfires under load at mid rpm and has very poor power through the powerband and is barely driveable. I already replaced the front 02 sensors and had the rears deleted from the pcm. I tried the predator and when I install the performance tune the problem does improve a little bit, but I think I need to let a pro do the job. Any help is greatly appreciated.

thanks,
    Paul

Dead 2002 collectors edition m6

blue
    2002 WS6 Trans Am

I believe there is a tuner up your way called cartech. Call Jay Fisher @ Jay Fisher Pontiac in Elmer NJ. He deals with them alot and speaks very highly of them.

Silver
    1998 Pontiac Trans Am

I think SLP is still doing the tuning in your area....God to be able to drop my car off to them anytime would be great and you live in NJ.......call them up.....They are well worth the money......

Token V6 Guy

Silver
    2000 Grand Prix GTP

sounds like you have more issues then a poor tune.

Quote Originally Posted by foff667
    sounds like you have more issues then a poor tune.
    Yeah thats for sure. You should get it checked for DTC's.

Collectors edition yellow
    2002 ws6

yea, i'm sure I do have some other problems. It started out when I bought a predator and was sent the wrong one. When I tried to use it, my pcm was totally screwed. I sent my pcm and my predator to the company for them to reprogram. I also told the guy I wanted the rear 02's deleted from the system. I got it back and the car starts and runs, but very poorly. I think he deleted the 02's from the pcm already because I dont have any dtc's. I should at least have 2 because I dont have any cats. When I install the performance tune, the backfiring at mid-throttle is much less frequent, but there is still a major problem. I can't seem to figure it out, and I can't go much longer without a car to drive. I'm getting a little tired of driving my motorcycle in the rain.

At this point, i'm debating whether to put on some cat's and a cat back system rather than the x-pipe and bullet mufflers. I can't seem to find any cat's that will fit pacesetter longtube headers. This is very frustrating because this header job is quickly turning into a $2,000 venture and I dont have an operable car.

414 RWHP 395 RWTQ
    00 Black Ram Air Trans Am

TTP in teaneck NJ. They are REALLY good with LS1 cars. I am going there May 1

Silver
    1998 Pontiac Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by pmfarrelljr
    yea, i'm sure I do have some other problems. It started out when I bought a predator and was sent the wrong one. When I tried to use it, my pcm was totally screwed. I sent my pcm and my predator to the company for them to reprogram. I also told the guy I wanted the rear 02's deleted from the system. I got it back and the car starts and runs, but very poorly. I think he deleted the 02's from the pcm already because I dont have any dtc's. I should at least have 2 because I dont have any cats. When I install the performance tune, the backfiring at mid-throttle is much less frequent, but there is still a major problem. I can't seem to figure it out, and I can't go much longer without a car to drive. I'm getting a little tired of driving my motorcycle in the rain.

At this point, i'm debating whether to put on some cat's and a cat back system rather than the x-pipe and bullet mufflers. I can't seem to find any cat's that will fit pacesetter longtube headers. This is very frustrating because this header job is quickly turning into a $2,000 venture and I dont have an operable car.
    Not saying that it is your sole problem but if you just put headers on take a look at your sparkplug wires and make sure none of them have hit against the headers and burned......just had a new GTO do that.........backfired...ran like crap and found a burnt wire.....could be one thing wrong...the other is the predator programing....I've never liked those simply because they think what's good for one car is good for another....well...not all LS1's will run the same.......It sucks that you have to keep sending your programmer back to try and fix the problem....downtime sucks.......I would still go with the x-pipe and bullet mufflers.....it's just getting that tune down.....

Thread Information