Thread: sirius mounting

Red
    '99 T/A

sirius mounting

I just bought the sportster 4 one today. I am going to have best buy install it tomorrow. I have looked everywhere and I can't seem to find one decent picture of where people have mounted the unit in their trans am

also I know it comes with a suction cup.... i'm worried about that though because I have my radar dectector and sometimes that falls cause the heat... I don't want my unit falling lol. anyone have any pictures? I am just leaving my factory radio in there... i don't have an aftermarket head unit with sirius ready.

Slower Than a 3rd Gen juiced99ws6's Avatar

Mystic Teal
    99 Trans Am & 01 CBR 929

I put mine in the center console with a custom bracket. easiest way to mount and have everything hidden.

Black on Black
    2000 Trans Am Ws6

Quote Originally Posted by DeanasDork View Post
    I just bought the sportster 4 one today. I am going to have best buy install it tomorrow. I have looked everywhere and I can't seem to find one decent picture of where people have mounted the unit in their trans am

also I know it comes with a suction cup.... i'm worried about that though because I have my radar dectector and sometimes that falls cause the heat... I don't want my unit falling lol. anyone have any pictures? I am just leaving my factory radio in there... i don't have an aftermarket head unit with sirius ready.
    The company Metra actually makes a universal metal bracket which mounts the unit just right of the radio using the factory radio bolts and looks amazing plus the wires slide right behind the dash so u dont have to see them and the antenna i have hidden in the vent on top of the dash and signal never cuts out. You can purchase this bracket at your local Circuit City for around 30.00 dollars.

Thread Information