Thread: I need help!!!!

Brazen Orange
    2006 GTO

I need help!!!!

Does anyone know how to take off the brake light that's in the rear window? I had a problem with the defroster so they replaced the whole rear window. But, when they did it, they installed a dirty @$$ window. My brake light looks stupid with all the crud infront of it. Would anyone know how to take that off so I can clean it?

Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

Two screws/bolts up through the trunk deck....I think.....

Brazen Orange
    2006 GTO

Sarge, I must say, you are the Man!

txcosmos
    no screws, but two clips. Be careful, they will break easily

Brazen Orange
    2006 GTO

Quote Originally Posted by txcosmos View Post
    no screws, but two clips. Be careful, they will break easily
    Could you explain it to me. I looked for the screws, then someone one the GTOforum, told me about clips. About pushing it down then sliding it back? Does that sound right? I'm confused...

txcosmos
    pull the carpet out of the back of the trunk, and look up into the rear deck. You will see the clips of the light assembly poking through. Just persuade the clips the other way and the whole assembly will pop out. There is a plug in there you will have to get.

Light just pops right back into place. Pretty easy really, just take your time finding it and be gentle.

Brazen Orange
    2006 GTO

Quote Originally Posted by txcosmos View Post
    pull the carpet out of the back of the trunk, and look up into the rear deck. You will see the clips of the light assembly poking through. Just persuade the clips the other way and the whole assembly will pop out. There is a plug in there you will have to get.

Light just pops right back into place. Pretty easy really, just take your time finding it and be gentle.
    I found the two clips...someone also mentioned J clips in the gtoforum.com....hmmmm.....and the plug....what's that?

txcosmos
    listen, there are two little puch clips that go through the speaker deck, to hold the light housing in place. Push them back out from the bottom. Then, of course there will be an electrical plug, to send power to the light housing. Puch the two clips out, and unplug the connector and the housing is free.

Not really a big deal, very easy. Just take your time and be gentle, because if you break something, it will be a bitch to get a replacement.

Thread Information