Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: G8

Something Diabolical... chuckie669's Avatar
    2000 C5 Torch Red

G8

Sorry, didn't know where the appropriate place to post this is. What does everyone thin about the G8? I think it looks pretty sweet and comes 361hp & 385lbs torque for under 30K. Yes, no?

http://www.pontiac.com/g8/

green
    98 formula

I love the idea of a car with nuts and style that can haul my family around although the new ctsv comming out has 550 hp supercharged saweet

black
    2002 WS6

That has been added to my to buy when can list.

black
    2002 firehawk 94 Z28

nope not for me looks like a cross between a lucerin and a elantra.

green
    98 formula

Quote Originally Posted by t-rock View Post
    nope not for me looks like a cross between a lucerin and a elantra.
    most people didnt like the gto either I just have a thing for shiney new cars and still like the old ones

Red/Silver/Black/Red
    TA-G8-Expe-L200-Camaro

Supercharged 620.... based is 550!!!

Quote Originally Posted by joejenkinsglass View Post
    I love the idea of a car with nuts and style that can haul my family around although the new ctsv comming out has 550 hp supercharged saweet

Red
    2001 ws6

personally i dont know why you would want a 361 hp car to lug your kids around in

Red/Silver/Black/Red
    TA-G8-Expe-L200-Camaro

Giving Up

Quote Originally Posted by basballny2 View Post
    personally i dont know why you would want a 361 hp car to lug your kids around in
    You don't know because you don't have any children I assume. Most people have to give up their TA when family comes around. A car seat does not fit in the rear properly.

Thus, they get some HP from a Sedan when losing the sport.

Red
    1999 Pontiac GTP

My kids love HP, I'm sure they would love a G8. I wish it had the 400 hp GTO engine.

Red/Silver/Black/Red
    TA-G8-Expe-L200-Camaro

Will Return

Quote Originally Posted by slowgtp View Post
    My kids love HP, I'm sure they would love a G8. I wish it had the 400 hp GTO engine.

I read that Pontiac is bringing back the GTO after this year.... they are working on it...... I doubt it will do well though.

Red
    2001 ws6

wuts the point of having all that hp? doesnt make sense, not like your going to use it with kids in the car and if u do ur a moron, wut do people really think there guna take this thing out at night time for there adreniline rush? if so they need to get a life

green
    98 formula

wuts the point of having all that hp? doesnt make sense, not like your going to use it with kids in the car and if u do ur a moron, wut do people really think there guna take this thing out at night time for there adreniline rush? if so they need to get a life
    I dont need it for an adreniline rush. I do have 2 f-bodies along with 2 trucks and an suv, my kids do like fast cars. I dont act stupid with or without them in a car with me, all out is for the track. If I were to get a life what do you think it should be like?

Black
    99 SS

i really like that car

Red
    1999 Pontiac GTP

I have alway had higher hp cars and know enough not to endanger the kids when they are in the car. They do like it if I goose the throttle from time to time. You can get on it a bit to feel the power without doing anything dangerous or against the law. I also drag race my family car and take it out on weekends to get my adrenelin rush. It runs mid 12's and will haul 4 kids wherever they need to go. So some people will welcome the power not everyone wants a small rough riding sports car. In your eyes the my GN must be worthless too, who would want to run 10's in a Regal.

I would own a G8...probably will some day. I guarentee it will see track time and more than likely see some light to light action as well but thats just me.

green
    98 formula

actually my wife would drive it more than me.

Red
    2001 ws6

your guna take a 2008?!? lets say G8 4 door sedan to the track? and y would i think the GN is a worthless car?

Sarge for AAG Emperor hutch1999's Avatar

06 HD Softail
    1998 Trans Am m6

I would rather have a slightly used cts-v if i was in the 4 door market. I like the caddys

Red
    1999 Pontiac GTP

your guna take a 2008?!? lets say G8 4 door sedan to the track? and y would i think the GN is a worthless car?
    It's as much a family car as a G8...well it isn't a 4 door but it seats 5. I guess I'm just use to performance 4 doors with the GTP. Many modded cars are 4 doors. Mine is a 2 door but I've had three 4 doors Trust me if I had a G8 I would race that thing every chance I got. I love racing and don't care how many doors a car has as long as it's fast. With 4 kids I have to have a car that can pull double duty. I had a 94 Z and the kids hated it. They couldn't see out of the back seat and they were jambed in it like sardines. So a performance family car is the way to go for me. kids Mon-Fri track on the weekend. Just because you have kids it doesn't kill your desire to enjoy performance. I really like the look on a TA guys face when the GTP blows bye car seat i the back....tooo much fun and trust me it has happened. No kid in the seat though I'm not Britney Spears

Red
    2001 ws6

i had a modded GTP before my trans am as well, great cars, im just saying i dont know why you would want to bring a 2008 G8 to the track

Red
    1999 Pontiac GTP

i had a modded GTP before my trans am as well, great cars, im just saying i dont know why you would want to bring a 2008 G8 to the track
    To see how fast it goes. What better way to break it in

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread Information