Light Metalic Blue
    1988 Camaro

Greetings Y'all!

Well I'm not completely new to LS1.com. I've visited many times before and this is my first post. My name is Tommy Thomson, I live in La Porte, Texas. I currently drive a '01 Silverado with minor mods and a personal tune with HP Tuners. I do own a '88 Camaro that will soon be my project car. I am the only owner of this car as it was my high school grad present from my parents. Its in hibernation in my brother-in-laws barn. While planing its resurection I've stumbled across a y in the road to rebirth as to what the power plant should be. So I'll pose this questioin to you guys and see how the opinoins vary. It will be a daily driver of about 250 to 300 miles weekly. I would like at least 450rwhp and get the best possible MPG(T-56 trany upgrade already figured in). The easiest path to power is cubic inches, which means at least 400 cu in, and probably around 12 MPG in town. My other idea is a 5.3 like whats in my silverado and an STS rear turbo. Better MPG around town at 5 to 6 psi ( maybe 16 mpg) if I stay out of the boost, and possibly 10 to 12 psi with a boost controller for max HP. I think either way my HP goals are possible, I'm not sure if the MPG goals are realistic. The camaro has never had anything other than the stock 305TBI joke GM put in back in 1988, so any upgrade will be a huge performance boost. Looking forward to you ideas. attached is a pic of my old "Blue Canoe"
    Thanks for your time.

Tommy

Light Metalic Blue
    1988 Camaro

?????????????????

did I violate some posting rules? No one has posted a reply. Let me know if I should have posted this somewhere else.

Tommy

Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

No posting violation, welcome to the site Tommy
    CCW SP 500s 18x10 275/35 18x11 295/35
    SLP CME with GMMG style catback
    Painted manta stripe

Quote Originally Posted by konigandy6 View Post
    I'd rather be bi than full homo!!!!

2 SS's are better than 1 Jays00ss's Avatar

NBM / Silver
    00 SS / 71 SS Elcamino

Hello and welcome!!!
    2000 SS Camaro Heads, Large cam, Fast 90, 9"w/430's and locker, yada yada yada... you get the picture

1971 SS ElCamino 402 Big Block 550HP

2006 Silverado 2500HD 496 cubic inches of pure muscle

Black Cherry/Gold
    1998 Z28

welcome

Thread Information