Black
    02 Z06

Is this a good deal (few questions)?

Well. i'm tired of the high mileage on my ws6 and I gave up on finding the perfect low mileage 02 black ws6. So I decided to try and buy a corvette. I think I found a pretty good deal on one. Let me know what you guys think.

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.js...r=BLACK#vdptop

I had a few questions to. I don't believe it has the climate control or the HUD. How expensive (if possible) would it be to get them installed at the stealership?

thanks for your time guys! i hope to move from the fbody club to the vette club pretty soon. I'm sure I would be one of the younger members lol.

black
    97 6-speed corvette

Not sure what they would charge but I got to imagine it will be in the thousands (thus the term stealership). I know the HUD would be cool option but what real reason do you need it? The tach on the winshield would be great for racing but I myself installed an adjusting shift light, and live fine witout the HUD. Also are you talking about corvettes top of the line climate control option? I have that option and can`t stand it. It has a mind of its own, turning on defroster or other things it thinks you need, meaning it will turn your AC compressor on at the wrong moment, (ready to race someone and now your missing 15hp UGH!) And with that stock 6-speed shifter it blocks the AC light so I was constantly looking around it to see if it was on or off, short shifter helped solving that.

Black
    02 Z06

yeah. I could definately see that. But to me. It's just the point of having the options. I'm kind of anal like that.

Do you think it's a good deal though?

1966 Corvette Coupe

i say no...

i just picked up a 2000 for $21,500 and it had 35k on the odo...

HUD and climate control... altough the a/c is kinda pain in the ass... oh and it had the thin 5 spoke instead of the wagon wheels...

i got kinda lucky on finding it and it is a hard top... but its still a damn vette...

oh and HUD... yeah its the bomb... every vehicle i buy from now on that it is available on will have it... vette gauges are kinda hard to see and that speed up on the windshield just kinda tells you ok watch out your in a vette and cops are looking for you... slow her down...

Black
    99 SS Vert M6

Quote Originally Posted by TransAmMan
    Well. i'm tired of the high mileage on my ws6 and I gave up on finding the perfect low mileage 02 black ws6. So I decided to try and buy a corvette. I think I found a pretty good deal on one. Let me know what you guys think.

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.js...r=BLACK#vdptop

I had a few questions to. I don't believe it has the climate control or the HUD. How expensive (if possible) would it be to get them installed at the stealership?

thanks for your time guys! i hope to move from the fbody club to the vette club pretty soon. I'm sure I would be one of the younger members lol.

It seems a tad steep for me. $21,500 for a 99 with almost 50k on it? Probably it's 3rd set of tires. Even if it is the 2nd set you'll be puttin them on soon. $18,500-$19,000 is maybe where I'd be. Still not a GREAT deal IMO. Don't buy from a used car dealer. There's plenty of private parties that NEED to sell.

Black
    02 Z06

yeah definately. The thing is. I wanted to trade my car in and I don't feel like going through the hassel of selling my current car even though that would be the smarter decision. I just don't have the time or patience right now. Do you think I shoulder off him 18 or 19 k and see what he says?

Stu
    You can do your own HUD conversion. There are a ton of writeups on corvetteforum.com

You can get one cheaper but that is what the blue book is for a 99 right now. As for the auto climate control......well the whole setup is different. It would be a pain and I have never seen it done. Doesnt mean it hasnt happened but I havent seen it.

Not Bad

Silver
    2002 Honda S2000

Quote Originally Posted by Huskerz1
    There's plenty of private parties that NEED to sell.
    You could say the same for dealerships. I literally drove by my S2000 for two months thinking "Dang I want one but its gotta be red" (I bought it anyways). When the dealer didnt want to give me the right price for my trade in I just walked out. The salesman came to me as I was leaving and told me he would talk to his boss the next morning and see what he could do. Needless to say I got a great deal on my trade in. There's plenty of choices out there and the dealer knows it. Dont buy from them unless you think your getting the best deal for you.

2007 GMC Sierra Duramax

Quote Originally Posted by TransAmMan
    yeah. I could definately see that. But to me. It's just the point of having the options. I'm kind of anal like that.

Do you think it's a good deal though?

It seems about right assuming it is in excellent condition.

The 6 speed adds to it.

There is always a better deal out there, and there is never a shortage of people who will let you know it..

Thread Information