blue
    98 T/A LS-1

Question push button start?

Would it be possible to add this feature? Like found in the newer Nissans? I think it would be pretty cool. Just a thought

Impounded

Atlantic Blue
    2005 Legacy GT Stage 2

Its been in the viper, s2000, BMW for a while, i like it. Makes you feel liek your drivign a true sports car or high class car

black trans am

my buddy had one put on his 02 bmw m3, he used a s2000 button, so any thing is possable

1966 Corvette Coupe

keyless start? or just push button?

pushbutton is easy... keyless it hard if you dont want your shit stolen... though you might oculd retrofit a kit like the digital gaurd dawg (for bikes) to do what you want...

Thought about it on the vette, but since i want to sell it not really reason to do it... so i guess ill just go ahead and share that sweet lil product with you...

-me

Red
    2001 Trans Am

how much does it cost?

blacker than wesleysnipes
    98' trans am

Quote Originally Posted by predator View Post
    keyless start? or just push button?

pushbutton is easy... keyless it hard if you dont want your shit stolen... though you might oculd retrofit a kit like the digital gaurd dawg (for bikes) to do what you want...

Thought about it on the vette, but since i want to sell it not really reason to do it... so i guess ill just go ahead and share that sweet lil product with you...

-me
    the new vettes have keyless start..how are they easy to be stolen? you need to have the key fob with you .

1966 Corvette Coupe

Quote Originally Posted by shady milkman View Post
    the new vettes have keyless start..how are they easy to be stolen? you need to have the key fob with you .

well yes... but that is the point im trying to make... Vipers and SRT-10 Rams require the key still... you just ge to push a button to start it which i think is lame...

The new vettes use a pretty complicated triangulation system using RF signal... thats what keeps them from getting stolen...

The Digital Gaurd Dawg is basically that but for a bike and more of a radius thing than a triangulation thing.... its not gonna pop your trunk or unlock your doors when you approach, but it will keep your car from starting if you arent near it...

I was simply saying that if you want it where you dont have to use your key you need some type of RF system... or you have to hard wire it... which might end up in a stolen car...

http://www.motorcycle.com/products/d...tem-68838.html

and seriously i give you the name of the product and you cant google it to see how much it cost?

-me

BTW if you actually pull this off i want full credit and this to be called the "predator mod"....

98' trans am

Quote Originally Posted by predator View Post
    well yes... but that is the point im trying to make... Vipers and SRT-10 Rams require the key still... you just ge to push a button to start it which i think is lame...

The new vettes use a pretty complicated triangulation system using RF signal... thats what keeps them from getting stolen...

The Digital Gaurd Dawg is basically that but for a bike and more of a radius thing than a triangulation thing.... its not gonna pop your trunk or unlock your doors when you approach, but it will keep your car from starting if you arent near it...

I was simply saying that if you want it where you dont have to use your key you need some type of RF system... or you have to hard wire it... which might end up in a stolen car...

http://www.motorcycle.com/products/d...tem-68838.html

and seriously i give you the name of the product and you cant google it to see how much it cost?

-me

BTW if you actually pull this off i want full credit and this to be called the "predator mod"....

at the predator mod comment..and yea your right

Black
    99 SS

yea my buddy has it in his formy

http://www.shop.feslerbuilt.com/prod...6&productId=21 here ya go that link has a kit to put on any car....you can try it out....

Impounded

Atlantic Blue
    2005 Legacy GT Stage 2

When you remote start the new GM vehicles which have 1000ft remote start from factory, you still need the key if you wanna drive it anywhere. Even the vette

98' trans am

Quote Originally Posted by LGT Guru View Post
    When you remote start the new GM vehicles which have 1000ft remote start from factory, you still need the key if you wanna drive it anywhere. Even the vette
    you dont put the key in.i'm %90 sure on that. i drove a 07 i remember i was confused.

1966 Corvette Coupe

Quote Originally Posted by danman987123 View Post
    http://www.shop.feslerbuilt.com/prod...6&productId=21 here ya go that link has a kit to put on any car....you can try it out....
    you still need a way to get your ignition into the "on" position... hence a key, hardwire, or an RF kit like i posted about...

Like i said the push botton is easy... its gettign the ignition into the on position that is the hard part...

Quote Originally Posted by LGT Guru View Post
    Vette has keyless ignition the only key hole in the whole car is near the plate for the trunk (emergency open)... There is also an emergency start slot in the glove box, but its not a key hole to my knowledge. its more a place for the key fob to plug in...

Does a vette even have remote start?

and yes... on vehicles that require a key to start (silverado and the like) if you remote start it you have to put the key in the ignition to go anywhere...

Quote Originally Posted by shady milkman View Post
    you dont put the key in.i'm %90 sure on that. i drove a 07 i remember i was confused.
    your right... no key...

-me

Thread Information