Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

black
    1999 v6 camaro

Looking for supercharger for 1999 v6

Hello,

First time poster here. Nice forum. I wanna put in a supercharger into my 1999 v6 camaro.

So where can i get one used, new, what kind?

Can this be installed myself? Need anything special for installation? Can it be installed in stock 1999 v6 auto transmision.

Black
    2001 SS

Sell it and get a V8.

black
    1999 v6 camaro

Quote Originally Posted by 01SCSS
    Sell it and get a V8.
    No way man, gas prices waaayyy tooo high. I do too much commuting, about 60 miles 3 days a week.

Unless there is not much difference in gas usage between a v6 and a v8? But as is now i get 30 mpg, don't know how but i tested this last night. Ran 60 miles exactly 2 gallons of gas. Only had 6 bucks on me and was forced to get 2 gallons.

Modding is an Addiction bww3588's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dbacs2194
    No way man, gas prices waaayyy tooo high. I do too much commuting, about 60 miles 3 days a week.

Unless there is not much difference in gas usage between a v6 and a v8? But as is now i get 30 mpg, don't know how but i tested this last night. Ran 60 miles exactly 2 gallons of gas. Only had 6 bucks on me and was forced to get 2 gallons.
    actully, a V6 has to work harder to get the car moving, if you get an M6 LS1 you will average about 26 MPG, and probably over 28-30 on the highway. you looking to spend atleast 1K for a blower, that 1K can be put toward the purchace of a V8 car and still probably have more power than you could get with a blower on the sixer. and your gas mileage will be close to the same.

Light Pewter Metallic
    2K Camaro Z28

Hello,

First time poster here. Nice forum. I wanna put in a supercharger into my 1999 v6 camaro.

So where can i get one used, new, what kind?

Can this be installed myself? Need anything special for installation? Can it be installed in stock 1999 v6 auto transmision.
    Wrong board to ask this question. Go to Fullthrottlev6.com for your v6 inquiries as more people there are willing to help you answer your questsion. I also own a L36=v6 Firebird and a member of that particular messageboard.

black
    1999 v6 camaro

Quote Originally Posted by bene
    Wrong board to ask this question. Go to Fullthrottlev6.com for your v6 inquiries as more people there are willing to help you answer your questsion. I also own a L36=v6 Firebird and a member of that particular messageboard.

Cool thanks, finally a reasonable response.

Black
    2001 SS

Cool thanks, finally a reasonable response.
    What? Yor asking about milage and a supercharger in the same question. I get fine mileage(20mpg) when I'm not in the boost. Horrible mileage when I'm in the boost, oh yeah and thats all the time! I hate V6 camaro owners, you might as well have bought a fuckin honda, that'll get you mileage. And horsepower is way easier to come by, just throw a NOS and Greddy sticker on there.
    2001 Onyx Black SS
    ATI D1-SC Procharger
    Mcleod Twin DIsc Clutch
    QA-1's all around
    BMR LCA's,SFC's,TA,PHR

your parts guy!!! 1fastcamarosss11's Avatar

trans am 00 ws6
    1998 camaro ss vert

What? Yor asking about milage and a supercharger in the same question. I get fine mileage(20mpg) when I'm not in the boost. Horrible mileage when I'm in the boost, oh yeah and thats all the time! I hate V6 camaro owners, you might as well have bought a fuckin honda, that'll get you mileage. And horsepower is way easier to come by, just throw a NOS and Greddy sticker on there.
    wow

black
    1999 v6 camaro

Aaaah ha ha ha ha. Dood stay off the roids. Anyways i don't do much racing. Just the amount that i get from challenges on the highway. Which is pretty often, but not enough to go all out on mods.

Anyways you need to enhance your calm, man. Chill out its just a car. Not everyone has the money to shell out on a v8. As it is i got my v6 for wicked cheap and still paying for it.

This is my last post on this forum. Waaaayyy to hardcore for me. I'll be over on the v6 board.

trans am 00 ws6
    1998 camaro ss vert

Aaaah ha ha ha ha. Dood stay off the roids. Anyways i don't do much racing. Just the amount that i get from challenges on the highway. Which is pretty often, but not enough to go all out on mods.

Anyways you need to enhance your calm, man. Chill out its just a car. Not everyone has the money to shell out on a v8. As it is i got my v6 for wicked cheap and still paying for it.

This is my last post on this forum. Waaaayyy to hardcore for me. I'll be over on the v6 board.
    don't make one person make you leave there are good people here you just ran across a bad seed that's all. thanks jeremy

Black
    2001 SS

Good riddance!

trans am 00 ws6
    1998 camaro ss vert

Good riddance!
    not tring to be "that guy" but you can't talk to people here like that. read the rules then think. good day.

Black
    2001 SS

Look here, most V6 Camaro owners are either domestic rice, with big wings and ground effects, and fart can mufflers. Or old ladys, who always wanted a camaro but didn't want the high insurance of a V8. As other posts have said he could have the same power and less problems if he just got a V8. As for bringing up milage? You ain't gonna get good milage on a V6 blower car anyway. BTW how many people put blowers on their cars and worry about milage. Not looking to flame anyone, but seriously if your concered with milage and high gas prices why are you even considering a blower. Just keep you car stock, keep getting 30mpg(yeah right) and enjoy the V6 forums.

Light Pewter Metallic
    2K Camaro Z28

Talking

Look here, most V6 Camaro owners are either domestic rice, with big wings and ground effects, and fart can mufflers. Or old ladys, who always wanted a camaro but didn't want the high insurance of a V8. As other posts have said he could have the same power and less problems if he just got a V8. As for bringing up milage? You ain't gonna get good milage on a V6 blower car anyway. BTW how many people put blowers on their cars and worry about milage. Not looking to flame anyone, but seriously if your concered with milage and high gas prices why are you even considering a blower. Just keep you car stock, keep getting 30mpg(yeah right) and enjoy the V6 forums.
    You do have a point but I'm sure you can say your point across a little on a positive side. If you're not willing to help the guy, well... just STFU.

millenium yellow
    2002 corvette Z06

so what did you spend on that 99 V6?

im guessing for the added price of a blower.... you can have a Z28 or SS
    and actually have a motor worth modding.

ps. there are deals out there....

my uncle just sold his 98Z28 w/50K miles, 4:10's, intake, shifter, HPP3, etc.... 360hp
    for $10,000. and with a double overdrive 6 speed.... its easy to nail down great MPG on the highway's.

good luck.
    315rwhp 98 SILVER Z28 (3500lbs)- SOLD
    400rwhp 99 HUGGER SS (3375lbs)- SOLD
    340rwhp 02 YELLOW Z06 (3040lbs)

black
    1999 v6 camaro

Yeah i paid 5000 for my 99 v6. Maybe i can sell it, but i still owe 3000 on it. That wouldn't give me much money towards a car with a better engine. I'll keep my eyes open.

I'll look into the blower too.

To tell you the truth i've always and still want a v8, its just that the person who had this camaro knew my family. It was in an accident and suffered cosmetic damage. The dealer did an excellent job restoring it and kept it at a low price for me. Had it ok'd with my mechanic (uncle) and I bought it because it was a great deal.

So i don't think i will be able to afford a newer v8 for a few years at least.

Modding is an Addiction bww3588's Avatar
    you can pick up a decent LT1 for around 5K. just a thought.

Black
    2000 TA Built

5000 bucks for a wrecked....99 v6? should have done ur homework.....

black
    1999 v6 camaro

Quote Originally Posted by ls1kid16
    5000 bucks for a wrecked....99 v6? should have done ur homework.....

Its not wrecked, its restored to new. It had the front fender ripped off and some damage to the nose. 5000 is cheap around here. I haven't seen a v8 camaro new body style for less than 9000 in this area.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information