Thread: Traction help

SUPREME member-oderator oneBADDz's Avatar

Custom Slate Blue
    99 B4C

Traction help

I need serious traction help, even at 45-50 it gets squirly as hell and I get nowhere. Tell me how to spend some $$$$$ lol. Seriously though is that normal? On a roll if I'm doing less than 60 it'll break em loose and I don't mean just a chirp. I don't know where to start other than tires, and ride height is not on my mind, just traction

Pewter Metallic
    '00 Z/28

New Torque Arm & Lower Control Arms are what I would change out 1st. Spohn, BMR, & UMI are great company's to buy this from.

Quick Silver
    2002 Z06

As far as I know we all have that problem initially. I chose to get good tires. I spend that last 3 years buying different tires everytime the old ones were worn until I found some that hooked great. Stock good years didn't go so well. Then I went to some Kumho and they worked okay at first but after I got my cats off and a new mufler they stopped working. May have just been they happened to get worn at the same time maybe not. I just recently went with a set of BFG Drag radials and now need sub frame connectors quick. I don't even brake loose for a scratch when I shift into 2nd and 3rd the whole front end raises up and it just lunges.. Its pretty cool. I cannot recommend the tires for everyone though they are real soft and i'll be lucky if they last 10k but hey I only drive it about 12k a year anymore so $300 for 2 tires every year is okay with me.

white/black stripes
    2000 transam

bfg's are what I have also. I could spin the stock 16" tires till I lift my foot off the gas pedal. Now I have the 17" zr1 black wheels (with the 315/35/40 on the back with the bfg's) and firehawks on the front. On the street they barely turn over and hook up . Like the prev. thread though, don't expect any mileage out of them.

SUPREME member-oderator oneBADDz's Avatar

Custom Slate Blue
    99 B4C

Tires are just a band-aid on the problem though in opinion. They are without a doubt a portion of the solution, but I want to go with somesuspension parts also. I have been searching and searching the threads and I believe I need lower control arms, a panhard rod, and a torque arm? Is the panhard rod important? I don't see where it would really help

Thread Information