Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Ignition Orange/Black
    2008 G8 GT, 98 Z28 383

Killed an SRT-8 Charger

I know its not that great of an accomplishment, but it felt good cause this kid pissed me off. Im getting off work and driving home in my WS-6 A4, and I get on the interstate behind what looks like a 16 year old kid driving a black SRT8. We get off on the next exit which is the main drag in my town where i live. He pulls up next to me looks over and smirks (I guess he didn't know what a cam sounds like.) he starts revving his motor and takes off burning out like crazy. I calmly drive to the next red light and try to ignore him. He gets behind me and starts tail gating me pretty bad... At this point I am losing my patience. He gets next to me at the next light and laughs and says "what you got?" I let him get about a car length and I stomp on it and fly past him. I cut it at about 80mph and about 2 bus lengths... next light his window is up and he is staring straight ahead. I look over and the girl riding with him is laughing... Chargers are slow and heavy (My wife drives a 2006 R/T) but it still made me smile...
    Last edited by wooddaniel; 02-18-2008 at 08:02 PM.

hahaha, good one, nothing you said to him could have been worse than his girl laughing at him!!

Ignition Orange/Black
    2008 G8 GT, 98 Z28 383

It was probably his dad's car too...

Black
    2002 WS6

"Hey that thing got a Hemi?" What did you say after you beat him? "Yup, that's a Hemi alright."

Ignition Orange/Black
    2008 G8 GT, 98 Z28 383

What do those run like high 12's?

Black
    1998 Trans Am

I think I've read a few stock high 12s, but thats perfect conditions and excellent driver, most run low 13s I believe. They are nice cars, just too heavy and shouldn't have been named after the charger.

For one
    Looking

Yeah at least the Challenger will do the nameplate justice.

The Charger is a pretty nice looking car, but I have to agree that the 4 door sedan should have been named something else. Maybe the Polaris? The SRT8's are fast for what they are. but then that's the whole problem isn't it. you have to add the ricer "for what it is" to an otherwise really good car. And don't kid yourself, they will run pretty good on a long haul, and the few mods you can do to them will wake them up enough to take stock F-bodys. And if you believe what they say on the charger forums, even modded ones...

Black
    1998 Trans Am

My personal thoughts are that they should have named it the magnum and then had the magnum wagon. The hemi motor runs good, its just been stuck in heavy vehicles it's entire life. You can make quite a bit of power with one, they've just had some problems with the computer, apparently its real hard to break the code or whatever in the computer.

For one
    Looking

HAL is the name for the evils that the Charger owners know. It isn't nice to them. There have been some who have had some success, but it is the downfall of the new chargers.

Ignition Orange/Black
    2008 G8 GT, 98 Z28 383

My wife's car is a 2006 R/T. We were going to Mod it a little but when I found out how expensive it is I just decided to leave it stock. It is a good solid cruising car for the highway, and roomy but I agree it definitely should have been named something else. It rides and handles great, its just a family car not a muscle car.
    Last edited by wooddaniel; 02-19-2008 at 04:52 AM.

Black
    1998 Trans Am

They are getting cheaper to mod and hopefully within a couple of years after the challenger is released, they will be reasonable to mod.

Internet Police

Black
    2003 Mustang Cobra

Quote Originally Posted by wooddaniel View Post
    My wife's car is a 2006 R/T. We were going to Mod it a little but when I found out how expensive it is I just decided to leave it stock. It is a good solid cruising car for the highway, and roomy but I agree it definitely should have been named something else. It rides and handles great, its just a family car not a muscle car.
    it is a muscle car. its just not a pony car.

Sarge for AAG Emperor hutch1999's Avatar

06 HD Softail
    1998 Trans Am m6

Quote Originally Posted by wooddaniel View Post
    I know its not that great of an accomplishment, but it felt good cause this kid pissed me off. Im getting off work and driving home in my WS-6 A4, and I get on the interstate behind what looks like a 16 year old kid driving a black SRT8. We get off on the next exit which is the main drag in my town where i live. He pulls up next to me looks over and smirks (I guess he didn't know what a cam sounds like.) he starts revving his motor and takes off burning out like crazy. I calmly drive to the next red light and try to ignore him. He gets behind me and starts tail gating me pretty bad... At this point I am losing my patience. He gets next to me at the next light and laughs and says "what you got?" I let him get about a car length and I stomp on it and fly past him. I cut it at about 80mph and about 2 bus lengths... next light his window is up and he is staring straight ahead. I look over and the girl riding with him is laughing... Chargers are slow and heavy (My wife drives a 2006 R/T) but it still made me smile...

damn 2 bus lengths!?! wow. I wonder if it was just a SRT badged R/T.

SSweet Home Chicago!!! BlankinSShip's Avatar

Light Pewter Metallic
    2001 Camaro SS

Nothing in the story was as good as the dudes own old lady Laughing at him...

I used to drive about 5 slow cars (besides my 96 Z28) and I was always beat up in races...

So now Im like the kid who was picked on too much that bought an SS and I do my best to eat up everyone on the road...
    -Nick
    '01 Camaro SS M6 "The Beast"

Ignition Orange/Black
    2008 G8 GT, 98 Z28 383

first two cars were: 1973 Buick Electra 225, and 1987 Cadillac Fleetwood (with the 4100 motor)... I know what it feels like to drive a slug.

Blue/White
    00 TA/05 Legacy GT

Whats the best way to spot the difference between an R/T and the SRT-8 Charger? Don't they both have the hood intake?

Is it just badging?

Black
    1998 Trans Am

The biggest difference I remember off the top of my head is the hood. I think they have different wheels and badges also. There is one other difference on the outside, I just don't remember...

Blue/White
    00 TA/05 Legacy GT

Whats the difference with the hood between an R/T and an SRT? I'm seeing R/Ts with the hood scoop online here, and I raced one with a hood scoop in the Legacy and ran him even, so that had to have been the R/T.

Black
    1998 Trans Am

Well, from what I know, the R/T has a flat hood and the SRT has a scoop, but maybe the R/T owners are like Z28 owners, they want the hood with the scoop and put one on? It might be an option to put that hood on now, I'm not sure.

Black
    2001 Pontiac Trans am WS6

They did a segment on motor week a while back around the time both cars came out the SRT-8 along with being overpriced had bigger wheels and a badge from what I saw. The sad part was the RT ran a tenth of a second slower than the SRT-8. Not saying thats always the case but for all that loot for the SRT-8 I just dont see the point. Cool looking car tho.

Thread Information