White
    1992 Firebird Formula

Ipod or Mp3 with 2002 Trans Am Monsoon Stereo

I have a 2002 Trans Am with the Monsoon Single CD Player. Was wondering if anyone has had any luck interfacing an Ipod to this HU and if so what type of control you had over it? What buttons do what? Did the steering wheel controls work? Do you get any track information on the HU?

Or if anyone has interfaced any other types of MP3 players.

Bright Red
    99 Firehawk #157 Roadster

This w/Ipod...

Looks like you can disconnect your 12 disc trunk player and plug it into this to use an Ipod...ebay has some things like this too. I have even seen a seller on ebay who modifies stock monsoon units w/a mini plug on the front to accept Ipod has well, thoies sell for like $200.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage....=1172880156033
    Regards,
    Todd

#cajunhotrodder on instagram

Red
    '97 Z28 M6

search on CZ28 or LS1Tech for posts by "Jason Novak" for the $5 solution

White
    1992 Firebird Formula

I tried the one from Best Buy and it did work with the stereo but half the time the next and previous track functions did not work. So I returned that and purchased a USA Spec PA11-GM45 interface from Crutchfield which works great.

The Next and Previous track buttons work every time. Plus this model allows you to build Playlist that can be accessed with whatever button you use to change CD's on your stereo. (Mine was button 4). Your supposed to name them GM2 for disc 2 GM3 for disc 3 and so on up to 6 but if you do not use this naming convention it will automatically make the first five playlists on your ipod discs 2 through 6. Disc 1 is reserved as all songs on your ipod. This makes it nice an easy to navigate.

The Random button on the Monsoon stereo will cause it to do a random between the playlists and songs in the playlists.

When you turn off your car the ipod automatically goes into pause and shuts off based off the automatic power off of the ipod.

The track information is not displayed on the Monsoon stereo but this still displays on the ipod. The display of the stereo will display the disc you are on or "playlist" and the track number. The stereo will only list the track number up to 99 so you should limit your playlist to 99.

You can also switch the interface into an auxiliary mode. In this mode Disc 6 will select rca jacks on the interface. Allowing you to connect any other audio source you like.

So to sum up the Best Buy one does work and will charge and play the ipod through your stereo but if you want to be able to control it more through your stereo than the ipod I would suggest spending the $140 and getting the one from Crutchfield.

Bright Red
    99 Firehawk #157 Roadster

Talking Jason Mod.

Has mentioned above I just sent my unit to Jason to mod for me, the fee was cheap and it will do what I want. I have his email addy if you want, PM to discuss.

Thread Information