Thread: Damn Minnesota!

NBM
    '00 Z28

Unhappy Damn Minnesota!

Friday was a beautiful day! It was somewhere in the '50s. I know those of you in the Southern states wouldn't get excited about it, but here in the Northland, that's a significant sign of Summer's coming.
    Anyway, it was nice out late last week. I saw a Saleen cruising with the top down, ricers were hitting the streets. I saw a few F-bodies and a crap load of bikes. My friends kept pushing me to get the Camaro out. I kept telling them no and I'm glad I stuck to my guns on it. Pulling the Camaro out of the garage is going to envolve a small fortune for the maintenence I want to do, the detailing I'm having done, and then there's the jump in insurance to put full coverage back on it.
    Well, I'm glad I didn't do it because we got slammed with snow Sunday night / Monday morning. Sixteen inches of the shit on my driveway when I woke up. Looks like it's going to be another month or so before I get to cruise.

White
    '10 ZR1

Quote Originally Posted by toneloc60
    Friday was a beautiful day! It was somewhere in the '50s. I know those of you in the Southern states wouldn't get excited about it, but here in the Northland, that's a significant sign of Summer's coming.
    Anyway, it was nice out late last week. I saw a Saleen cruising with the top down, ricers were hitting the streets. I saw a few F-bodies and a crap load of bikes. My friends kept pushing me to get the Camaro out. I kept telling them no and I'm glad I stuck to my guns on it. Pulling the Camaro out of the garage is going to envolve a small fortune for the maintenence I want to do, the detailing I'm having done, and then there's the jump in insurance to put full coverage back on it.
    Well, I'm glad I didn't do it because we got slammed with snow Sunday night / Monday morning. Sixteen inches of the shit on my driveway when I woke up. Looks like it's going to be another month or so before I get to cruise.
    I know the feeling. I almost took my WS6 out for a cruise last weekend. I went to bed that night without snow on my mind, but when I woke up it was a different story. Highway 14 was closed down due to an accident, so I had to double back and take backroads to get to work. It sucked, but at least I made it. They did a horrible job with the snow plows this time around. Oh well. Hopefully the weather will be nice in mid-April in Iowa! I'll be going to Cedar Falls a lot more this year.

NBM
    '00 Z28

Hwy 14??? Where are you located?

White
    '10 ZR1

Quote Originally Posted by toneloc60
    Hwy 14??? Where are you located?
    near Rochester....

NBM
    '00 Z28

gotcha. I'm up in the Cities.

Black/Gold....Now Sold...
    10th Anny. Firehawk #001

We had about 2-3 inches here in Denver on Sunday...after mid-60's all week prior. Forecast calls for the same thing to happen again this weekend after mid 50's. Oh well, we hardly had any snow over the winter, so it's OK with me, just can't drive the Hawk as much quite yet.

Something wicked this way Jeep41's Avatar

Gomango
    06 Dodge Charger Daytona

I'll be up in Minnieapolis at the end of March for three days on business. First time in Minnesota too. Anyplaces worth visiting at night?

White
    '10 ZR1

Quote Originally Posted by Jeep41
    I'll be up in Minnieapolis at the end of March for three days on business. First time in Minnesota too. Anyplaces worth visiting at night?
    Yeah, I think there are.........what three days?

NBM
    '00 Z28

What are you looking to do?

Thread Information