Black
    2001 Trans Am

Salvaged WS6 Question????

Hey guys, I have told a friend I would buy his 2001 WS6 Trans Am. For what I thought to be a great deal. But last night we were talking and it turns out that the car has a salvaged title. Apparently it was hit in the rear pretty good. But the car looks and drives great, and only 59,000 miles. I know the salvaged title decreases the value significantly, but I have no idea by how much.

Anyone know how much this car might be worth??

Any help is greatly appretiated.

Black
    2001 Trans Am

nevermind I just found a thread down alittle that answered my question

Pewter
    02SS6spd VERT!

also some cars have the salvaged titles but do not deserve them. I heard if our cars get hit on one of the rear fenders then it is structural damage and declared salvaged even though there is no real unibody damage. I say test drive it to a REALLY high end body shop and ask them what they think.

black w/ ghost stripes
    02 ws6

Hey I actually buy anf fix alot of these salvage firebirds. My WS6 is salvage and didnt deserve it. If you are wanting to buy one for cheap i just bought one that didnt deserve a bad title at all. It has hit in the dr side front fender. and a little damage of the driver side quarter. Its a 00 Black WS6 t56 car. I am going to ask around $10,000 for it when i get it done here in about 3 weeks. if you would be interested let me know. i can show you all the damage that the car has so you can really have an idea of how nice this car really is.

Regal blue
    96 Buick regal

some info on your mods andrew69 would be nice to know. thnx

Red
    '02 WS6

I saved about 5 Grand purchasing a salvaged WS6 TA. I figured that with the savings I could fix anything that cropped up because of any bad repairs. So far no problems that I couldnt fix by just turning a wrench. I have '00 WS6 wheels on it now:

black w/ ghost stripes
    02 ws6

My car is an 02 WS6 t56 car. it has an LS6 intake, smooth bellow, descreened MAF, SLP lid, K&N filter, mac mid tubes ORY 3" hooker catback. msd wires, G5X3 cam, HPTune, iridium plugs, HSW dry 100 shot. going to a spec 3 clutch soon and maybe even a set of 4.10 gears! the wheels are 18"
    Z06 vette rims. car has 33K on it. I have about 11K in the car after fixing it and all my mods and I have absolutely no problems with it at all!! I have a 00 WS6 i just bought that has very light damage with a salvage title that i am going to fix. I am going to ask around 10K obo so if you know someone that might want it PM ME

Red
    1995 Trans Am 6spd

Quote Originally Posted by Jims455 View Post
    I saved about 5 Grand purchasing a salvaged WS6 TA. I figured that with the savings I could fix anything that cropped up because of any bad repairs. So far no problems that I couldnt fix by just turning a wrench. I have '00 WS6 wheels on it now:

Click for full size
    You've been found out!! ARFCOMMER!

Red
    '02 WS6

whats your screen name over there?

Red
    1995 Trans Am 6spd

Same as here just without the X, I recognized the pic from a thread about Mustangs

White
    2000 T/A WS6

2 yrs ago I bought a 2000 TA WS6 with "rebuilt title" for $9500. Car drives & looks like new. Bought it from the original owner so I know the history and service record.

Black
    2001 Trans Am

thanks for the input guys....i bought the car the other day and it is perfect in everyway. i love it and a great deal too

Pewter
    02SS6spd VERT!

give us the scope! mileage, price, options,... everything and more pictures

Black
    2001 Trans Am

its an black 2001 WS6, 59000miles, mint tan leather, t-tops, automatic, 3:42 gear, loudmouth exhaust, new BFG Drag Radials. i have a trip to the track planned for two weekends from now so we'll see what she runs. only issue is that the tint is ripped on the passenger window, but it will be fixed this week. I got it for $9500. im glad to be back in the game. i had a blue 1996 WS6 a few years back that i built and got it to run 12.20 1/4 times with the help of some NO2.

black w/ ghost stripes
    02 ws6

Well if anyone is interested i will be selling a 2000 ws6 black with black leather and a t56, K&N filter and a flowmaster 3" catback. this thing sounds great. has 87K on it but is very clean. It should be ready to sell in 3 weeks and im going to start it at $10,000 obo.

Black Beast 1 badblack transam 01's Avatar

Black
    2001 Trans Am WS6

My car has a salvaged title and was t-boned on the drivers side but repaired to new. KBB said it was a $20,000 car at the time, for the options it had, but I paid $13,800 for it because it looked clean and is clean. As said before, test drive it and ask some pros about it then decide for yourself if you wanna pay how ever much for it.

ArticWhite&Black ws6 Rims
    2001 TA Ws.6

I am actually going to purchase a ws6 by the end of this month or next... I have a few im looking at, However I am becoming semi interested in a salvaged ws6... It has to be 6 speed, Ls1, Red would be nice but as long as the car looks good I can change the color later if i want. Mileage is not an issue chances are im going to redo the engine anyways. I actually have my own thread, but this one caught my eye, hope no one minds me posting this, If so im sorry. If anyone has a ws6 for sale, salvaged or not, please feel free to e mail me! thanks!

Velocity Yellow
    2008 Corvette Z06

Salvage titles suck

I hate this! I had a Firehawk hit and totalled and it really didn't deserve it either. I kept it and sold it to a repair guy. He fixed it and sold it. I was told the insurance companies get picky about a salvage title. I let it go!

I wish I had it back! I would love to find another Firehawk or Ram Air with low miles, loaded, with 6 spd and red. I love my Vette, but I had my third back fusion and getting in and out of it is a pain in the butt. I am an old fart too at 51!

You guys enjoy your cars while you can. The years go by so quick, and then you are old. I sure do like seeing pics of your rides!

Take care and drive safe! See ya all on the Power Tour next year!

Thread Information