For one
    Looking

Older F-body and some random Mustang

Ok lets face it.. the 80's were not good to the Firebird. We had emissions restrictions, insurance hikes, Knight Rider.... But my wife loves her 85 Firechicken. We're building it up and I'm sitting with a sore tongue for months because of biting my tongue about why we NEEEEED an LS1 swap. Of course I think I may get her convinced soon, but until then... Here's to hoping.

It didn't get any easier with this though... Now I'm not one to race on the streets. I think its just a bad idea. However, my wife... Completely different story. Well we're taking her Firechicken out for a little run to a store that's a ways down the road. We get to a light and up pulls this "5.0" Mustang(sorry don't know the year... I'm not up on mustangs). He's gunning his motor and looking over at us. I'm not thinking anything of it, because again, I don't like racing on the streets. We take off and with me not racing him, he beats me to the next light. BIG SHOCKER THERE... So he and his friend sitting in the passenger seat start pointing at the car, and laughing. My wife has a vein just about busting out of her forehead because she's sooooo pissed. She looks over at me and says with the most angry, evil and sinister voice I ever heard from her mouth(more angry than the time she had a face full of transmission fluid), "Dust... This... Fool!"

Now ordinarily I would have explained how much of a bad idea it was, but again... the whole vein thing... I look over at their driver and give him the nod. So as I see the cross street light change to yellow, I drop it to first(automatic), start preloading the suspension, kick out the cutouts, and we're ready to rock. The light turns green and the Firechicken hooked better than I had ever seen it hook(maybe the car was pissed too). By the time we got to the next intersection, I had 4 or 5 cars on him. The light ahead of us turns red and I bring it back to a stop, flip my cutouts back in and sit there at the next light. The mustang pulls up afterwards, and my wife screams out the window, "Next time show some respect for the Firebird and ya won't get spanked!" God I love her! They kept looking forward as if the only thing on their minds was getting the car to the next light. Which they turned off at immediately.

Blue
    1999 Formula

Thats awsome man sounds like your wifes pretty cool. good ppl are stupid when it comes to cars, i dont know maybe its just me but even if i dont like the car im still gunna be cool about it i have my own opinions and so does everyone else. but nice kill for a bunch of duche bags.

hopefully your wife comes around for a LS conversion it would really put alot of ppl in there place to get burnt by a 3rd gen bird

For one
    Looking

Ordinarily, my wife is the level headed one... but when someone disrespects either of us or the car.... All bets are off. There have been a few people who have been burned by this car. They look at the exterior which is a bit rough, and think its an easy target. I would call it a sleeper, but... it isn't. I get my backside handed to me by Cobras every time though(on the track)... I would probably do better bracket racing, but to me that isn't drag racing(no offense to those that do, just my personal gut feeling)...

I may have to get my own TA to do what I want to it.

Thread Information